Reviews for A Cappella
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
What a powerful story! Liked it a lot, thank you for sharing!
XFchemist chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
amazing...but sad! *sigh*
MacBedh chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Oh, this was lovely! I just discovered your work and I've been happily romping through your stories. I especially loved these lines:

" . . . he knew her well enough to understand that her strength was not of steel, like his, but of fire, and sometimes it consumed her beyond her endurance."

and "teaching her with his lips what he was not permitted to say with his voice"

I do love S/J ship, and your work is marvelous! Splendid writing, and a glorious range from humour to sweetness to pain and back again. I'm looking forward to wallowing my way through the rest of your list!
Zoser chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Beautiful!
wanderingsmith chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
that was absolutely beautiful. so true to them... like his world,it breaks my heart.. yer mends it again..

and I love this line, the reinforcement that a an can respect a woman without her having to *be* a man

"he knew her well enough to understand that her strength was not of steel, like his, but of fire, and sometimes it consumed her beyond her endurance."
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Oh, that did it; tears. So achingingly vivid in character, in voice; so nearly almost-there for them. Exceptional descriptive prose, the emotion leaps off the screen yet isn't overwhelming. It's Jack. Lots of lines to like (esp "the rules"), but my fave: "her strength was not of steel, like his, but of fire, and sometimes it consumed her beyond her endurance." Wow. Palpable, realistic. And that kiss - SQUEE-EE-LICIOUS! Love A cappella - just beautiful on its own. Thanks so much for this.
a. loquita chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
This was, wow, really great. You nail the characters, dead on, and it's just a nice, well written piece. Thanks.

I'm just discovering your work for the first time and will certainly be reading more if it!
vball2003 chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Wow. That's really all I can say right now. This is definitly one of the best stories I've read, and believe me, I've read many many stories. I feel like there had to have been something like this between them, something that they could hold on to, because season 6 was so full of angst and heartbreak that I'm amazed they were still sane by the end of it. They were each others lifelines, the reason that they kept living, and kept fighting. Your story is really beautiful and captures all of those things.

~Danielle
AT Fan chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
beautiful imagery and this was my favorite part. She let out her breath in a soft ‘oh’ of surprise, and, electrified, he caught the sound in his mouth with another kiss, lingering this time, but still with more sweetness than passion. The third time, he felt her fingers thread upwards into his hair, holding him in place, so he gave in to his need and kissed her deeply, thoroughly, teaching her with his lips what he was not permitted to say with his voice. They lived together in that one moment for what felt deliriously like forever.

Perfectly them.
HoldoutTrout chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Oh, this aspect of their relationship is the one that gets me every time. The rules, the unspoken ones that allow them just enough room to not go crazy without allowing them any room to have an actual, real relationship.

...and then where those rules completely and absolutely fail.

...and now I'm going to go send the actual note that was the purpose in coming to your profile. *grins*
Chopin Gal chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
I just found you because you found me. This was beautifully, sensitively written. You made their longing come alive.
Variety-3 chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
That was wonderful. So in character, just like I imagine their relationship. Keep writing.
Tittamiire chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
I really enjoyed this story. Particularly good Angst, not too wallowly but nice and contemplative about all they've been through and the effects it has. Nicely done.
nogigglingmajor chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Love it! Absolutely brilliant! More? no more?
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Very sad but very well written. Brought tears to my eyes.