Reviews for Ryouga vs the Road Runner
stretch chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
wow you pulled it off, as the say in Japan "unbeliveable". You managed to make all the elements blend together to make a story to keep the readers attention. I give you a score of 90. Thanks for the great fic I will bookmark your page, and hope to read more in the future..
Judah chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Whimsical and amusing.
hedatary chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
i love you for bringing laughter into my heart. LOL!
Ganheim chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Ryouga vs. the Road Runner

In Ryouga's special case, because chasing the Road Runner held more potential for embarrassment, frustration, and personal injuries than even Nerima (only because this was a slow week), he missed the twists and turns that would have seen him involved in a comparatively safer adventure concerning Inspector Gadget's efforts to foil Carmen San Diego's scheme to claim the time-traveling Phoenix Gate and actually managed to run in a relatively straight line.

[This is possibly one of the longest sentences I’ve read since I did proofreading for a lawyer, all of its nearly-run-on-ness necessary for the surprising level of humour.]

Then, with an aplomb born from repeatedly falling from great heights, the coyote plummeted!

[In various points, particularly within this story, the exclamation points on descriptive narrative sentences are fitting. However, I don’t feel like this is one of those times.]

Below the Lost Boy on the ground below,

[Repetition: below.]

letting all the world see his brand new, state of the art jetpack!

[Um...okay. Exclamation point, though I’m not quite feeling the excitement.]

A gout of flame at least five feet in length projecting behind him,

[What’s with the italicizing ‘projecting’? Just curious.]

...only to be foiled when the avian suddenly stopped and lowered its head!

[Why end on an exclamation point here? It just doesn’t seem any more fitting than a period to me.]

Why, it had even gotten to the point at his house where telemarketers called specifically for his dog Checkers and tried to sell their wares to the black-and-white canine.

[I suppose this joke went flying over my head, screaming as the UFO left orbit.]

"you wouldn't happen to know a Saotome Genma, would you?"

[They do bear a number of remarkable similarities, don’t they?]

When Ryouga opened his eyes again, they blazed with harmonized power.

[There was something concise and powerful about this that would look excellent in a fight scene.]

that looked like they belonged in a Sonic the Hedgehog game effortlessly.

[A comparison that would only work in a parody...and this being such a good humour/parody, works so well.]

was swinging anoversized lightsaber above his head-

[Spacing: an oversized]

shake the colossal gundam standing still long enough to release one would be suicidal.

[It looks like a comma belongs after ‘gundam’.]

empowered by both narrative causality and cartoon physics could.

[Absolutely a riot.]

The powerful but dangerous Zero System had been toned down, for example, and instead of causing borderline insanity and possible death its worst side-effects were now limited to giving pilots bad Russian accents and the conviction that Mobile Fighter G Gundam was a literary masterpiece and the pinnacle of the long-running Gundam franchise.

[I’ve never even watched ‘Gundam’, but I found this hilarious.]

(how do you dodge a 16.7 meter robot?)

[Run sideways?]

(3) The answer being of course the combination of Dragonball Z, giant robots, and scantily clad cat-girls, and knowing anime there is probably a series somewhere that has done this! Too bad I haven't found it yet.

[There’s Reboot, kinda.]

This was a comedic work of art, and as long as it was I’m surprised that I found almost no technical flaws. Funny from line one to line end, this was a great read. If you have some time and don’t mind the fandoms, check out one of my stories.

God bless and happy writing,

Ganheim
Eccentric Samurai chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Okay, the only complaint I am going to voice about this story is that I don't see how the Roadrunner and the Coyote could get to Japan unless Ryouga wandered into south western America somehow. Then again, he mentions having wandered into Area 51, so maybe he got there again? Ah well, a story is a story after all!

But now to the rest of it...

Genius.

Sheer genius.

I was a tad skeptical when I saw the title, but when I started reading I couldn't stop. Ryouga has some definite moments of stupidity, but to try to capture the Roadrunner? Oh man, I cannot believe he would be so foolhardy as to attempt such a task. Even Genma wouldn't be that stupid. Ryouga doesn't deserve the torment of having to catch the most elusive creature in the history of fiction. Poor, lost Ryouga... Ha ha ha...

I don't need to tell you how many times I laughed out loud at this story, do I? All of this was utterly hilarious. Ryouga's question to Wile E. when he ran over the cliff was to be expected. If Ryouga had any idea of cartoon physics, he would have known better than to make Wile E. become aware of what he was doing. I also can't believe Ryouga would work with the coyote in an attempt to catch the Roadrunner. I thought to myself "Great, it's Tweedledee and Tweedledum." And the parts where Ryouga got hit by a truck and struck by lightning were classic gags. He's the only normal human being I can think of who could survive such ordeals.

Ryouga's attempt to "revise" the Shishi Houkoudan (it's actually two words) made me laugh even harder. Unlike the Saotome's and Tendo's, he doesn't know how to revise a technique and make it work. Nice touch adding the Roadrunner's taste for birdseed in by the way. Ryouga was getting so desperate. What a fanatic! Ha ha!

The climax blew me away. Man, ACME is making GUNDAM'S now? I wonder how they were able to deliver THAT to Wile E. I was laughing so hard at the scene where he attacked the Roadrunner and Ryouga with Wing Zero and pretty much obliterated the desert. To think he would be so utterly obsessed with getting the roadrunner that he would use a Gundam... I just laughed SO HARD! I'm a little skeptical that Ryouga was able to disable a Gundam, but in Ranma's universe, anything is possible. If Ranma can defeat demons, martial artists who are half animal (Herb and his cohorts, who are some of my favorite Ranma characters), Asuras, phoenix people, and general overpowered people like Cologne, Happosai and Ryu Kumon, then Ryouga can beat a giant robot, right? It makes sense, right?

The ending leaves room for a sequel, but I doubt Ryouga could win against Nappa and Vegeta. No offense, but DBZ guys are hands down the most powerful fighters in the world of manga/anime in general. There is just NO WAY that Ryouga would last against Nappa, let alone Vegeta. I mean, Nappa can blow up cities in the blink of an eye, and Vegeta can blow up PLANETS with his attacks. Even a full powered Shishi Houkoudan wouldn't even DENT them. But then, we'll just have to see, won't we?

Memorable lines...

"In other words, the universe was out to get him... hard."

"Martial-articus Hibikanus"

"He didn't think he was prone to mirages, but those nice men in black suits he'd met three months ago had insisted that what he'd seen at what they called Area 51 were merely hallucinations. Why he'd imagine seeing aliens when he already saw plenty of them simply by wandering around Japan he had no idea, but when those men had tried to get him to look at a pen light for some peculiar reason he figured he was better off just nodding and walked away. Crazy Americans."

"You just had to bring gravity into this, didn't you?"

"And how long have you been chasing him again?"

"I don't want to talk about it!"

"You have the nerve to ignore me... for free food?"

"At this speed, not even the Road Runner could escape from him-

KA-BOOM!

Unless the free birdseed turned out to be a booby trap that detonated while he was over it!"

"There's a reason coyotes are Native American spirit animals. We know things like this."

Yeah, there's a lot of memorable things about this that I could go into, but I won't as it's just too good. So good in fact, that I'm putting this story onto my favorites list. Nice work on this hilarious story of Ryouga's encounter with the most elusive creature in the world of fiction. Sayonara!
Icesythe chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
"I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque."

Oh ma fect, Just 10 scales of wow here an amazeing adaptation of Looney toons and Ranma 1/2 and to top it all off with Ryoga faceing off against some DBZ characters in the desert Classic in 3 genrations of animation )
Jet Black Jr chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Never in my life have I read a fanfic like this. When I saw the title, I thought it was just gonna be a short piece of junk, but then when I got to reading, I was all like "Whoa!" and then "Bwahahahaha!" You sir, are an artist and I hope I can learn from your writings. I'm a fan now, please keep up the great work!

Jet Black Jr.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
::sets up the homemade brownies, ice cream, and a jug of cold milk for you::

::roflmao::

This was awesome! I never laughed so hard in my life!

::roflmao some more::
Lathis chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
"Bwee Bwee!"

Ahh, classic. I must say, this was an extremely clever plot. If it weren't for the tag at the end, I never would have even realized that you were slowly turning the lost boy into a Z fighter.

This was definitely a story was reveled in its silliness, and for good reason. I have no idea where you came up with this idea, but it was sheer (mad) genius every step of the way. There were so many great lines, and scenes and horrific blunders that I chuckled the whole way through.

Its good to see you still producing such great work. Talk about a divergence from your more serious works of late, I really did not see this coming.

Good work, just good work

Lathis
James of Gales chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
That was an awsome crossover. All the different cameos just made it better.
D the Stampede chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Where the hell did this come from? LOL Excellent
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
beautiful...

one the best comedies I've seen on the Ranma section.

I would love it if you continued the story- there are too few Ryoga POV stories on FFN
Mutsunokami chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
You win at life. On an Epic scale. _
MoonstoneCabbit chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I laughed quite a lot reading this very, well, written story.

I think that The Road Runner is the chairman of the board of ACME.
Tatsu-ZZmage chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
now what ya need is a ranma being ditched by ryoga in the death vally and him finding that training manual so he can have the fun of doing this. _
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »