Reviews for The Day the Music Died
PopcornObsessed-DragonLuver chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
This fic just breaks my heart everytime I read it. I'd ask why I keep doing it,but your writing is just so amazing I can't not.
Ariana-tan chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Two randomly super-nitpicky things (just because I've been taking French for a really long time):

A) While "Laissez les bons temps rouler" is technically (almost) exactly correct for a very literal translation, most French people would actually say something along the lines of "que la fête continue", which according to LaRousse (an online French dictionary) is the more correct way.

B) Verb conjugation: For the above phrase ("Laissez les bons temps rouler"), you have the verb "rouler" in the infinitive form, but there you have to use the "ils/elles" form of the verb, which is "roulent" (pronounced basically like "roll" in English).

I'm sorry, but I love all of your stories so much that I don't like anything messing them up. I'm probably the only one who cares about that sort of thing, but I just want all your stories to be as perfect as possible. Hope you're not mad at me... It's just something I noticed on my, like, millionth read-through of this story.
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
That would be so sadif Demyx did actually lose his hearing. For music to be all that you have and then to get it taken away from you...you wrote about that nicely and very detailed. But thank God he can still feel it. I LOVED that part.
Froggiecool chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I'm just re-reading this, and noticed something at the bottom. I'm now curious so... Is, in this story, VI deaf as well? Because one thing he said would not make sense if that were so, but if it were not then later would not.

Unless of course his reported words to Axel are a lie.

Very interesting, indeed.
XWhiteRabbitX chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Awww... poor Demyx! That's so terrible! At least he has a hearing aid, though.

I LOVE your writing!
axel4ever9 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
You're a REALLY good author I love your stories
just.an.anon chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Woo! The missing piece from Loosing the Melody. I’ve been wondering for days since I read it what the revelation to the others’ about Demyx’s hearing was like. Zexion was great, his explanation of what was going on as fantastic. He was really reasonable, making sure not everyone showed up in his room at once. Axel and Roxas’ reactions were also great. Axel putting Demyx’s hand to the speaker…what a great moment, because like Zexion said, it IS like Demyx’s heart.

I like how you’ve got all these stories that are all part of the same universe you’ve created.
kittie reviewer chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Poor Demyx ...

I really don't have much to say, other then it was great. I can now really see why you need to read these in order because if not you'd be helplessly confused.
youxdontxneedxhim chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Aww that was a cool story I really love how you potray both Axel and Demyx and Roxas and now I had to go and hear to American Pie! I love your fanfics :D

: Did you write the book of love,

And do you have faith in God above,

If the Bible tells you so?

Do you believe in rock n roll,

Can music save your mortal soul,
thegreatwhitewolf chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Aw poor Demyx! That's so sad!
Ciel the Hedgehog chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Oh...poor Demyx...he's my favorite character, and reading this...it's really sad that he can't hear, but at least I know it gets better in your later fics.

You wrote this really well, especially the end. Good job!

Ciel
crimson-obsidian-rose chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Aw, wow, you almost have me in tears, only if I cried I wouldn't have been able to read the words of the story. Poor Demyx, this is one of the saddest oneshots I've ever read, definitely the saddest that didn't involve a death. Although, I know that part of Demyx did die here, and I think that this is the fate worse than death for him.

Amazing job, I really loved this. Instant fav.

crimson-obsidian-rose
AkuDemyfan chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Oh no! Demyx got deaf! Axel and Roxas better be right on Demyx side with this, it's gonna be hard part for poor Dem! Though, luckily Axel did notice a way for Dem to hear music! Great work once again!
Deinde chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
a quote from the play "the Music lesson" was "a musician dies twice. The first is when he is silenced."

This made me think of that.
Maple Story of Anime of COCA chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
OMG... you're not going to jsut leave him deaf are you? This is so dramatic! How the heck do you come up with this and things like 'Who is Katrina?'? -wonders if she dares to check out any other stories written by Xanrivash-