Reviews for What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Man
IMTheresa chapter 4 . 12/28/2007
We all know that demons lie, but sometimes they tell the truth. It may not be the whole truth; sometimes it's just a nugget. And that's what makes this all the more difficult for Sam.

Thanks for another beautiful chapter.
DJ Sparkles chapter 4 . 12/22/2007
This is an incredibly powerful and well-crafted story! I love the suspense you're putting into this, the depths you've given Sam's character, the time and effort you've put into making this such an edge of your seat story. My hat is off to you. I love this story and am patiently awaiting updates.
WWDWD chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
There always seems to be a grain of truth behind this demon's every lie. Sam's mishaps (regarding Dean) are there whether he realizes them or not; but I love how the demon is distorting them to the level of angonizing guilt for Sam.

You have penchant for exploring all those scenarios I wish to see in the Winchester verse, for that I simply adore you and your work.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 4 . 12/21/2007
*excellent* i have been keepin an eye on your story and now there is an update and its excellent *until next chapter review* ~SDL~ no need for the apology as long as there is an update, that's all that matters
the vigilante15 chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
another great chapter!
HollyBush chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
God...This really is the most intense read...but it's like a drug now. I am so hooked. I need more and I will patiently be waiting impatiently...or something like that. Both. I apologise for the ramble, it's over 2 am for me and I have a six o'clock alarm...and it was so very worth it...
Mishka89 chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
I think you should up the rating because I have done it with one of my stories and it gives you unlimited freedom to write what you want, how you want, no matter how nitty gritty it is. And trust me, we'll all love you more for it if you just go nuts :)

I'm enjoying the hell out of this and envy, oo sure to be a treat. Can't wait for the next chapter and hope you have a Merry Christmas. I look forward to picking this up again when you next post.
KAZ2Y567i chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
I don't care what you change the rating to...lol..just don't stop writing this story!

OMG, OMG, OMG..this story is so intense and I'm loving every word of it. Leviathan has the best lines and the way he uses Sam's doubt and weaknesses to slowly draw him into his web of deceit and lies ( or are they?) is absolutley fantastic! I just adore how you weave past events as memories/thoughts into the plot line. A master stroke!

You take your time in writing this 'excruciatingly difficult story'. I know that you will do it justice. Rest assured that your fans will be waiting. Not patiently..*chews fingernails* but waiting for your next update.

Can't wait to see what happeens when Dean arrives on the scene.

Keep up the good work and good luck!
irismay42 chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
I think maybe I'm viewing Dean the same way Sam does here, but I can't wait for big brother to show up and smash the demon's face in! (Does that make me a bad person?)

Sam's in such a bad position here - the demon's lacing his lies with just enough truths to confuse the poor kid into not knowing what's real and what isn't any more. Like Dean said in BUABS, often demons tell the truth if they know it'll mess with your head. And a lot of what the demon is saying about the boys' relationship definitely strikes a chord. I don't think Sam is as selfish as the demon is depicting him, and I don't think Dean is as helpless, but he's being very clever in twisting the lies just enough to make them seem like truths.

I'm intrigued by the flashback towards the beginning... Hope you're going to reveal what was going on there eventually!
Poppyflake chapter 4 . 12/20/2007
Absolutely fascinating and very intense. Looking forward to the next chapter.
IMTheresa chapter 3 . 11/22/2007
I am at a loss for words. This is just such an amazing look into not only Dean, but Sam, too. I can imagine how hard it is to write this, but really, I need more.

We all know demons lie, but it's the little bit of truth they tell that always sucks us in, eh? Poor Sam. It's got to be so hard for him to listen to this and Dean must be going crazy wondering what the demon is telling him. Dean knows the thing isn't still out...and what *has* Dean done to make sure Sam was always safe? How far *did* he go?

Gather up your courage and keep writing. This is just fabulous so far.
swiveltooth chapter 3 . 11/16/2007
This story is really excellent, thank you for writing it D
saofan3064 chapter 3 . 11/12/2007
Its very well made and thought provoking keep it up.
JazzyIrish chapter 3 . 11/9/2007
Wow, these two chapters have like, well, hell. Why is Sam doing this to himself? I agree with Dean - exorcise the bastard (of course, then we wouldn't have this great fic). What really makes me sick to my stomach, is that we all know that Dean would do anything to take good care of Sam, so unfortunately, the demon's story about Dean "selling himself" would not be out of the realm of possibility. And how completely depressing is that? Still hoping it isn't true, but we may never truly know.

What a picture the demon set forth about Sam and his father - their constant battles that tore Dean apart because he loved them both. Sam's selfishness at always wanting his way despite what it may cost Dean. Sam had to take a hard look at that in himself - and the result was uncontrolled rage. Methinks Sam is finding out more about himself than about Dean. Very interesting and dark fic. Looking forward to the update...
HollyBush chapter 3 . 11/8/2007
Damn it. Yes, it's a dark and scary place, but you've got me now, although I sorta wish you didn't and I really need that update. I'm scarred and sad but you're good at what you do. I'm really looking forward to the victory, though...
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »