Reviews for What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Man
lostatc chapter 2 . 10/30/2007
Sad thing is, I know that Sam would listen to the junk the demon is spilling out. Great story, we all hope and wish that Dean didn't have to sacrifice himself too much as a child and yet we all fear he did.
Mishka89 chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
Another great chapter. This demon is great, I love him. In a sick twisted I'm going to drown you in holy water way lol. I also believe that the best lies stem from truth and that it was very possible that Dean did do those things when he was younger and had no choice. Hell he could have said that much when he said, 'For you or Dad the things I'm willing to do or kill, it just scares me somtimes.' Anyhoo, great chapter and I can't wait for the next one!
KAZ2Y567i chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
Oh BJ this story is so juicy! Especially the second chapter. Loved the demon ( why do they get the good lines)he's such a manipulative bastard. And good on you Sammy, some of revelations about Dean might be true. But there is one thing for certain that you do know as truth. Dean would never hate you.

Please continue with this story. It is so unique and different to what you normally write. I'm loving it!
Tidia chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
I really like where you are going with this. It is totally different
Poppyflake chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Excellent chapter and definitely very intriging. I just kept wanting to tell Sam to stop listening and get rid of him(But then again, it would be a very short story if he did.)Looking forward to the next chapter.
NathMG chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Great chapter! Very intense. Really grabs you in the gut. Sam's been trying to get inside Dean's head since the beginning. The temptation of what the demon offers is just to much to resist. The fallout will certainly be much angst. I can just imagine how betrayed Dean will feel. I can't wait for the next chapter. Update soon please:-)
Mishka89 chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Great story so far, I'm really enjoying it. Love the darkness that this demon brings, it just wraps around you in such a sensual way. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter so please update when you can :)
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Wow, BJ, this is different, but I like. Just the thought that a demon could get into Dean's head and know everything about him makes me shudder. And then to twist lies with the truth and reveal it to Sam? To torment him and play with him? Very interesting premise.

My stomach turned over at the incestuous insinuations regarding Dean, his father and other men. I loved how Sam would not believe that about Dean; how he kept insisting that the demon was lying until it finally admitted that it was. Sam's anger was papable, beyond furious. Sam readily accepts Dean's sexual drive, his lust for all beautiful women because he considers it natural, but could not accept any description of Dean that he does not believe is truly part of the brother he knows and loves.

So that brings me to my major question - why is Sam trying to filter out the lies from the truths about Dean from this demon? What is he looking for? What does he hope to learn about Dean? I'm sure that as this story unfolds, we'll learn the answer to those questions. Like I said, very interesting premise and there should be lots of sins to explore. I've always thought that of the Seven Deadly Sins, the only one that doesn't apply to Dean is Sloth ;) It's part of what makes Dean so interesting in my book.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this. Until next time...
KAZ2Y567i chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Whoo Hoo! * punches hands up into the air*

For awhile there I thought that no one was going to tackle M7 and that I might have to put finger to keyboard and have a go. Now I can rest assured that its in good hands; YOURS! What a great chapter. I loved what lust did not say and what he alluded to in Dean's past that might shock Sam. And the maliciousness of the demon...so juicy. Why do all the bad guys get the best lines?

The sensitive subject matter did not daunt me from reading at all. The only thing that really scares me is bad fanfiction and you are so NOT in this category.

What zines are you referring too?

Rest assured that I will be waiting for subsequent chapters in this story. It's too good an opportunity to miss.

Keep up the good work!
mcatB chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Oh, BJ! You've got me sucked into this one for sure! I'm loving it!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Crikey. Well you're right - this is totally different from anything you've written before! I love (hate?) your demon - you've given him a very individual yet consistent voice, and I really couldn't blame either of the boys for wanting to punch his lights out! His insinuations about John and Dean's relationship were particularly horrible, and I'm glad Sam managed to see that he was lying...

Interesting to see whether he does actually reveal the truth Sam's waiting for...
clclemmons chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
I can't wait to see where this goes. Great start i Hope Sam remembers DEMONS LIE!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Wow, that was an intense first chapter. That demon is extremely persuasive with his lies. I didn't believe him at first but the more he talked, the more believable he sounded. Poor Sammy having to listen to those terrible lies.

Loved this scene,

Dean feared the truth. And that thought scared Sam more than the impending battle. Just what was this demon waiting to say? What hidden truths could he reveal? He could see it in Dean’s eyes, the terror of being stripped naked and exposed by this demon, all his hidden secrets laid bare as his protective walls crumbled under the harsh glare of the truth.

All reason left Sam and he found himself reacting to pure emotion; his heart desperate and reeling from the events of the last week and stretching for answers. Answers to questions he hadn’t yet formulated in his own mind, but he knew he needed to know. He needed to know the truth. He needed to understand his brother before it was too late.

I loved the description of Dean, perfect portrayal of his character. And the Sammy angst, just beautiful, can never have too much of that.

Cookies for you, update soon!
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6