Reviews for Rooftops
Cesium Amber chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Oh Chaos, I was listening to Uso from FMA:B, and it made me cry at the end. D: but, good story!
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Same as it never was

the darkest part of the series

your story...

it just captured so much of it without being angst or something like that

it's just... heavy... and full of something that makes you feel what's going on

a bit like being blind

you don't see the problem, but you smell it, feel it, taste it, hear it

you make your reader feel what your characters feel in more than one way

wow
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Very good story. I really enjoyed it. You are a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
lost-katana chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
This totally deserves more reviews.

I love SAINW fics- especially well-written ones. And this, my friend, is the best I've seen. I loved the interactions between Leo and Mikey.

I also thought it was really cool how you had Leo label his medicines with flavored labels. With him blind, most people tend to think about only relying on hearing, but there's much more than that. And Leo's always been a strategist- of course he'd come up with something like that.

So all in all: Excellent job! One of the better fics I've had the pleasure of reading!
MidnightHeir chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I don't dislike this but only have one minor nitpick. Since it isn't clear how far before Donnie's arrival this is, I'm not sure if Mikey is too upbeat (working on the assumption that Donnie is about to arrive) or 'just right' before he starts his slip into cynicism.

What I definitely like is the idea that Leo has 'woken' up to his situation and that he has abandoned the resistance along with Raphael. Like his ideals finally cracked whilst Mikey's optimisim has held him to the cause even though all evidence points to it being futile. It's a nice, subtle little touch that works well. I also really liked how you had Leo distinguish his meds and other tricks of the trade that compensated for his loss of sight.

To be honest, I often dabble with the SAINW 'verse for one shots and actual multi-chapter ideas so to have come across something that pleasantly surprises me huge kudos!

Bar the teensy nit-pick, great work, and keep it up!

~Hel
Dierdre chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet. It was a lovely one shot, well-written and quite fascinating. I loved the description of the rooftops, and the clever ways he used taste to keep track of his medicines and to determine the cleanliness of his swords. The conversation between him and Mikey was just perfect, too, especially since Mikey's dialogue was subtly altered, giving hints that he was slowly changing into the grim person we saw in SAINW.

All in all, a perfect read. Brava! *Favorites*