Reviews for Sanctified
Psychomech chapter 4 . 11/29/2008
I'm sorry I hadn't read this back when you'd written it because I'm sure this review would mean more then. This story is very, very different from anything written about Sylar and I really like it for that. I'm fond of the incorporation of "Into the Wild" and how Gabriel feels when looking out of his apartment at people. The research, whether done prior to the story or on the spot is fantastic. In fact, I can't think of much I don't like about this story. I even like how it said nothing about specials, only briefly mentioning Gabriel's ability. It's fantastic and very unique. Kudos.
Osaka chapter 4 . 12/5/2007
Nice story, I hope you continue it!
GoldenGait chapter 4 . 11/9/2007
Very nice! A well-written Sylar-centric fic is hard to find. Congrats on a great piece! I like how much you seem to enjoy the words themselves-with very little dialogue, you make this story feel very rich. Kudos on the attention to detail, too. :-)

GG
befound chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
I am blown away by your writing. you should post this on community. so more people can read it x
pass the broccolini chapter 4 . 10/31/2007
Interesting, but just so you know, in the first chapter, it's "Je ne sais quoi", not "Je ne sais qua". Anyway, good luck with the rest!
TallulahRay chapter 4 . 10/31/2007
USUALLY...I don't respond well to requests for reviews. Usually they tick a little crazy-box off in my head and I just ignore it. But...oh my. You deserve reviews. You deserve, in my mind, bunches of flowers being dropped at your door for writing this. I discovered this fic at the weekend, and I loved it so much. I just love seeing someone open up the character of Gabriel Gray and just- swim about in his head. I didn't review it at the time because, in my complacency, I saw that you were a regular updater, and that in all likelihood there'd be another chapter to pore over soon. Also, I don't think I can justify it with all of my OMGTEHAWSUMNESS!01ELEVENTY!

WHat I will say is this. That last part? The reveal with the power? I salivated. Seriously.

Please don't let non-commenters discourage you from posting. This is beautiful.

P.S. I know some people are anti-Livejournal for whatever reason, but I guarantee you that there is an audience there for this level of writing. I, for one, have been crying out for this quality of writing ever since I watched The Hard Part back in May.
not jackie chapter 4 . 10/30/2007
yay for another good chapter!

i'm not happy to see gabriel suffer, i'm happy that there's a well-written gabriel fic up :)

i really liked the connection between the little boy and gabriel...

nice work :) xan
Windyfontaine chapter 4 . 10/30/2007
Hi, I have you on author alert because I do love your writing and read and review your Supernatural stories, and I decided to take a peek at this and saw your note on the top so thought I should respond. Alas, I am one of the few people that don't watch Heroes. Saw a couple of the first eps and just kinda stopped watching. Even though it had Adrian Pasdar in it, whom I adored in Mysterious Ways, the show just doesn't do it for me. But from what I can tell your flowing style is still intact. Keep at it, and if you write they will come. And read. And possibly review. And I have the same thing with reviews as opposed to hits, but eh, that's not the only reason I write. If you want to join a community that does review SN stories try the fanfiction forums at Supernatural dot tv. (Have a link on my bio page) They're a crazy bunch but they don't bite. Much. I've made good friends there. Anywho, when you write for a show that I do watch I will be there with bells on. Should I buy the cow ones or the little kitty ones? :) Hope you have a good week!
not jackie chapter 3 . 10/28/2007
this makes me super happy :D i really like the kind of twisted interrupted stream of consciousness way about this fic. :)

ps"age (of aquarius)" :) yay for flashbacks to watching "hair"...
smithsbabe65 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Disturbing, riviting and a very insightful look into the inner workings of Gabriel Gray...

Great job interweaving the words of the true Master of the Macabre, Edgar Allen Poe, into your well written tale.

Your narrative was gothically descriptive, sinister and dark in nature, much like Gabriel himself.

Well done!
sakuuya chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
You really convey Gabriel's sense of suffocation increadibly well. The way you describe his need to be someone is oddly relatable, as is your repeated description of his life as a watchmaker being "gifted" to him.

My absolute favorite part, though, was his nightmare of sying in the watch shop. Again, there's that opressive atmosphere taken to the extreme, and then the image of him, dead, with the lettering from the shop's window on his sweater. The insinuation that he can't even escape the futility of his life in death is absolutely chilling.

I want you to write more, but please please please please please don't make it a romance. This fandom doesn't need any more OCs to rescue him from himself, especially because he WILL find a way to become special and, even though it's a lot less healthy than getting a girlfriend, that's why we love him, isn't it? Plus, I have an incredibly low tolerance for OCs, and, despite how much I do adore your writing, I don't think I could keep reading if you were to throw an OC into the mix.