Reviews for Leah Alone
Lary Reeden chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Searching the Twilight Illustrated Guide Series (official) discovered that Sam is 1986, Emilly, 1980, Leah 1986. Soon Leah and Sam, is the same age and 5 years older than them.
Noble Korhedron chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
Meh - this was too contrived. I'm sorry, but that's my take on it... :-(
bookfan100 chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
Leah’s running away, and the pack coming after her, was very believable. Leah’s poor self-image was vividly described. I thought the end was very well done – and perhaps more believable than Twilight canon in a way. I personally liked having both Jacob and Leah with a happy ending – Leah was left hanging in Twilight canon.
bookfan100 chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
It was good to see Leah take pride in being part of the pack teamwork that destroyed the newborn vampires. Jacob’s heroism, and his Leah’s relationship with him, were realistically described.
bookfan100 chapter 3 . 1/23/2010
“Fine. I’ll forgive you.” Leah comes off as tough as nails on the outside. It is surprising the people who know her well do not see otherwise – but perhaps they did, and Leah never noticed.

The description of how hard it was for Leah to be one of the boys – and her loneliness - was well done.
bookfan100 chapter 2 . 1/23/2010
The meeting of Sam and Emily was very believable – as was Leah’s reaction.

This chapter showed that Leah had ever right to be as bitter as she was about life. It is impressive that she was as involved as she was with others – she was justified in acting much worse than she did.
bookfan100 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
“I am Leah, and I am alone.” The situation described feels very much like one Leah would adopt.

This was an impressive telling of the Sam and Leah backstory that was only hinted at in Twilight. To take those few lines and create a story of this depth was a monumental task done exceptionally well.

Leah as a tough woman of action tutoring Sam to get him through high school was well done.

Sad to hear that both of them had given up a chance to attend college.
msbettyboop chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
aww i love it! i thought the ending was great too
Reiven chapter 5 . 12/9/2008
There are cases where writers tweak the aspects of canon for their own needs and it just doesn't work, and yet there are times when it does. This is one of those times. Everyone is always up and about love and first sight; your first love isn't always the best and the only one, I can tell you that. Sure it makes you feel like you're over the moon, but then one day you wake up and realize that he just isn't for you. In Leah and Jacob's case, it's just how you wake up one day and you realize that the person is.

This story, trying but failing not to sound like an awestruck valley girl, totally made me feel that. I assume that this was written before Breaking Dawn came out and though I've read the book and I loved it, I just don't feel Renesmee and Jacob as a romantic couple. I know he's besotted by her and all, but I can't only just see him as a protector, the big brother you know. The thought of him...erk...sullying her virtue is a little disturbing. Actully...a lot disturbing.

Leah and Jacob make for much a interesting and compatible couple of you ask me, but obviously SM didn't, so I'm now left only to watch the scenes unfolding in this time plasma screen TV I have in my head. This is also the reason why (good) fanfiction was written.
Addicted2Emmett chapter 5 . 11/4/2008
Hey! Oh My Goodness i absolutely LOVED this! IT was so great to see an accurate, detailed, and beyond enthralling Sam/Leah story! You did a great job of personifying Leah, all of her feelings feel so real. I also love Seth's character in this. The ending is great! I love the very end, the imprint is described really well. I wish, so badly, that Jacob and Leah had fallen in love. I really don't like Rennesme, and i think Leah deserves a break! This was great, i procrastinated homework, violin, laundry, and a shower to read it - i couldn't put it down! More Leah, please!

-Addicted2Emmett
Ava Sinclair chapter 5 . 10/15/2008
How well I can understand why she had to leave. She was clever about it too. Again, I really felt her isolation and it was painful to read. You've brought her to life so well.

And the end! Double imprint! I love it; cosmic compensation indeed. Two broken souls becoming whole together. I definitely would have preferred it to happen that way in Breaking Dawn.
Ava Sinclair chapter 3 . 10/15/2008
My heart is so broken for Leah. Finally Sam is starting to realize the depth of her pain. It's a fitting punishment that he should have to see himself and what he's done to her through her eyes every day. Pity it's a punishment for her too. It's strange for me to remember that I didn't like Leah until Breaking Dawn. I thought she was mean and petty, what she said to Jacob in the last chapter of Eclipse. I see her so differently now. Reading stories like this is what makes me understand her so much more.
Ava Sinclair chapter 2 . 10/15/2008
I was going to reply to your review, came to your profile, saw this, and got totally sucked in. Not many stories have me swearing at my computer screen like this. I am SO furious with Sam and Emily right now. On her bed? Fated lovers or not, that is grossly insensitive. I just want to reach through the screen and smack them both. Leah is such a survivor. I like to think of myself as a strong person but if that had happened to me I don't know what I would have done. OK, you've got me hooked. Supposed to be doing twenty other things right now but I have to read more.
Leah-Clearwater07 chapter 3 . 9/6/2008
This may seem really bitter of me and I know about imprinting and how they can't resist it but...HOW COULD SAM TO THIS TO LEAH. I WANTED LEAH TO RIP HIS GUT OUT!

sry for spazzing, But leahs one of my favorite characters!
LovesTheHeat chapter 5 . 7/8/2008
for some reason i can't PM and it's driving me insane.

you added vintage bluejeans to your favorites (thanks btw) and that's me. i've moved - so if you still want me on your favorites i'd add my new account. sorry!

btw, i really like this story. (: but you already knew that from my reviews as v bj.

anyway, thought i'd let you know. thanks for the favorite!

LBD