Reviews for A Simple Question
xPhoenix0Returnx chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I love how you wrote this. From starting with Harry's question, to Dumbledore's (I can't call him Albus so casually-it feels weird...haha.) little flashback. The German bits were really powerful too and all the details! It's so...sad, if only there was a way for Grindelwald to have stayed friends with Dumbledore...but the world isn't black and white and their relationship is proof of that... Your writing is beautiful! 3
8-Wolke-8 chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Hi,

here is a german reader. )

At first: It was a very beutiful story. The way you discribed their talking was fascinating.

I love tha pairing and often saw German sentences in english fictions. I had to hide tears as Albvus said "Auf Wiedersehen" in German.

And yes, there were two mistakes. You have to write "das größere Gute" and not "das größere gute".

Besides you don't say "Die Welt BERICHTIGEN" in German. You should better write "Die Welt VERBESSERN".

I hope I could help you, though I am not sure how much German reader you have to see any mistakes.

Best wishes

Belladonna

ps: I am also sorry for any mistakes in my review. My English isn't the best.
SassyCassie08 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Wonderful.
Sir Stud Muffin chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
i was going to tell you that the german phrases make sense but may not really be what a native speaker would say, but then i read your reviews and realized i would not be the first to say so. i'm not fluent but i have family in germany. so yes, the translations are fine, really.

why am i telling you this? i dont know.. oh well.

i love albus and gilert. why isn't grinelwald a character on the filter list? it bothers me. very satisfying story. just what i was looking for )
Vaoni chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
wonderful story

Simple, but wonderful
Wuff chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Lovely! I think you captured both Albus's and Gellert's character really well. the whole story was well-written, especially Dumbledore's musing about simple and complicated things.

My mother language is German and I couldn't find any mistakes - good job! The only thing you could maybe change is: in the German Harry Potter books, they translated "for the greater good" with "für das Grössere Wohl". I think the German phrase sounds a bit strange but I can't think of a better one either ;-)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story!
Click La Magnifique chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
I think that "We mill make the world right" would rather be translated by "Wir werden die Welt berichtigen", but apart from that one, I think it's perfect German ;-)

The story is stunningly beautiful, by the way. Thanks for sharing! _
Darak chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
It'll pass for this time but you shouldn't give credit to JKR's madness it'll get you someday
mel chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
How bitter-sweet adn wonderful
Adica Finch chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
wow, very nice story. I like what you had him tell Harry.
unkniown chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Gasp!Albus/Gilert FOREVA! :D I love this fic, so sweet amd heart touching, and *hearts*
Liljean15690 chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
i luv it. Hey i like this pairing. hehe. oh yeah gute is acutually gut in german. hey i felt that you needed to know.
Sue chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Interesting story. JK really said that Dumbledore was gay? Okay... well, the pairing is kinda cute...

Anyway, I think correct would be this:

Ich will die Welt verändern, Albus; für das Allgemeinwohl. (Greater good doesn't really translate well.)

Du und ich, Albus - ... Welt with a t, not a d.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Pretty good Dumbledore reflection. What most people are looking for right now, and this is one of the better versions of it. Good job!
SailorLoon chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
aw. that was a really good.

i hope you write something that goes a little more in depth in the life of Dumbledore. if it is anything like this, then it would be good.

kudos.