Reviews for 11 WAYS TO TIP A HAT
mjels chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
love it

it very good adam writing
marialisa chapter 11 . 11/13/2007
I had high expectations of this chapter and you didn't let me down.

Loved the use of canon to show how Flack feels about her and loved how you explained away the abberation that was Devon (what WHERE the writers thinking!)

Excellent fic all round and I'm sorry its finished :)
marialisa chapter 10 . 11/13/2007
Excellent opening line. I think you capture the quandry Flack is in with his relationship with Mac perfectly:

QUOTE:My life would be so much easier if I could just tell you to f**k off /QUOTE

This was another line that resonated with me

QUOTE: you push, I pull and we never stop for a second to realize we both want to get to the same place, eventually. We just choose different paths./QUOTE

You capture their realtionship beautifully. Excellent chapter.
Spaxaph chapter 11 . 11/9/2007
very nice. sorry it took me so long to review. real life interrupted. I love your take on Mac and Flack, but after that ep when Mac confided in him Mac has moved from a father figure to a brother in my mind!

I totally agree with Flack and Stella. They certainly would make a nice couple!

Good luck on your NaNoWriMo!
Aphina chapter 11 . 11/8/2007
HEy I'm engaging in Nanowrimo as well. Good luck to you!

ANyway I managed to read this over a period of a few days and I had to say I was hooked form the first part.

Firstly this was a fantastic concept you came up with here, It was interesting to discover what Flack thought of all these different people, you even showed us more to the unknown chars and put your own spin in things.

I had to say I adored the way you painted ANgell and the Makka.

You also have a way with Flack's char, his voice was dinstingushed and you made it hard to believe this wasn't actually Flack saying these things.

Also your ability to hand the complex relationship between Mac and Flack was astonding, I really enjoyed reading it and you smoothed out a lot of things in my head about their relationshoip. It was also nice to see Flac's feelings towards his fatehr and the events around him.

I really enjoyed the way you showed how the perplexing situation with Devon came across, I was having trouble understanding that in the series bt your explaination was spot on. I even recommeded this story when someone commented about why Flack and Devon had got togetehr in the series in one of my reviews.

I also adore the fact he was in love with Stella, and the way you showed us his feelings there.

I'd love to see more from you and keep up the good work.
Alexandra Khayman chapter 11 . 11/5/2007
Couldn't think of a better ending for this collection... Great job on this fic, as always! :D

Good luck for your project. Three of my known people around here

are also working on their NaNo projects, so I've barely seen them since the month started.

See you in December... till them, would you just sai 'hi, I'm alive and this is going out pretty well!' once in a while,if it's not asking much? ;)

Love and best of luck,

Alex
Alexandra Khayman chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
This described so well how Mac and Don end up so perfectly fitting, compelting each other's work. I see them as a two-piece well oiled machine, where the science part makes the 'cop' part work and vice-versa.

Great description on how Don sees Mac. Really fitting and so, so real. Great job, my dear.

Alex
nikki.02 chapter 11 . 11/3/2007
"And I haven’t seen her since. She hasn’t called me either, so I guess she found something more thrilling to play with that a simple mortal who gets to play hero in a tux every now and then. And if I played a lame Flack, Don Flack, and I’d rather have my Guinness over a martini on any given day, you outshone every single Bond girl in the world and then some. It should be you the one with the Bonasera, Stella Bonasera line, and not me."

I love these lines! Oh, how I wish Flack would really confess these feelings to Stella in real life...the way you wrote about his thoughts on her are really in depth!

This update was great!
CarolinaH.Manning chapter 11 . 11/3/2007
this was the one part I was looking forward the most and you did a splendid job as always. and I actually got the album - nice one. need to listen to the songs while reading, when I have some time left.

good luck and see you in December
notesofwimsey chapter 11 . 11/2/2007
I think that you have hit all the moments that make these two a real couple - one whose relationship, no matter where it has or hasn't gone, is based on real understanding and repsect for each other. The chemistry between them is undeniable, but can be ignored by them both, in order to sustain what they have.

I loved this series - such a powerful exploration of my favourite CSI-series man!
notesofwimsey chapter 10 . 11/2/2007
I love the voice you access with each chapter - still recognizably Don Flack, but each time in character with the relationship he has with the other person.

This one is right on - Mac is mentor, father, and impossible role model. How many ways can you spell 'conflict'?
CSI-LoVe-GSR chapter 11 . 11/2/2007

Please dont go!

i love all of your stories...they are so beutifully written.

THanks for giving all the readers fair warning before your departure.
nyakattia chapter 11 . 11/2/2007
I have only just allowed myself back onto the internet (after writing 40 words in 2 days, yay!) and was so excited to see you had updated I literally jumped up and down, squealed and clapped my hands. (No really, I was that excited... obviously my life is very boring at the moment :P)

Lol, I always knew Stella was going to be last, but I hadn't noticed the alphabetical nature of the chapters. Are you sure you didn't switch things around, just a little, to ensure Stella would be last?

I loved the Mac chapter. You pick it exactly, I think- Mac's not one to hold something over his head, but Flack's gotta feel indebted to him. And I love the wall analogy, that sometimes they're both so pigheaded they can't realize that they're fighting for the same thing.

And of course this last chapter was just lovely. I like how this one was really a cry of his heart, a love letter. I read it on the edge of my seat. This one, I sensed more than any of the others was almost meant to be actually read by the intended participant.

He's telling her finally, and then just asks for a chance. I just love how frank he is, saying straight out I love you, twice even. How could she possibly resist? Lovely.

And all the explanations he goes through, the ups and downs of the thwarted lover, first realizing his love, then having things happen, to her, to him, to them both, and because they weren't anywhere together at those moments, they moved them even further apart for a while. And now, together, they are standing on the brink. Jump? Or not?

Damn, I'm tearing up.

PS- What was that moment in the break room? Did I miss something? Or was that your own imagining?

PPS- If I could figure out how to find you on I would add you as a buddy, but the whole thing is very confusing, which is odd because I can usually figure stuff like that out... (I'm wyrdsmyth by the way, so if you figure it out you can add me if you want. :D)
The Little Corinthian chapter 11 . 11/1/2007
Oh, this has been such a great fic! I love a good Flack fic, and I love the approach you've taken. :0P Great job, and good luck with your writing!
CSINYNut chapter 11 . 11/1/2007
That was awesome...you should do that for the others if you that you could...it gives a lot of insight into what the characters are like to most of us.