Reviews for The Enemy of Oz
I'mWickedThroughAndThrough chapter 11 . 3/21/2014
I know this is an old story, but I just read the entire thing through...and this is the exact story I've been searching for, that plays on the facts in the play and makes sense in the end. I adored it. Thank you for writing this.
leira123 chapter 11 . 7/24/2013
mythology1746 chapter 11 . 1/19/2013
Ok. So I know this is a really, really, really late review since the story ended, like, four years ago. But I enjoyed it SO much I thought it'd be awfully unfair for me NOT to review it and tell you that I loved it. Like, seriously loved it. I just got into the Wicked fandom, so I've been lurking through fanfics and this is one of my favorite pairings for it-actually, the only pairing I like for Wicked. This story was along the lines of something that I had been thinking of too: a loophole to the spell she cast on Fiyero. I think I'm rambling now, so I'll just sign off this review. Thanks for having a story I enjoyed so much.
-Starlight1746 [sometimes mythology1746 or -BellaBlack- as well]
slytherinslut13 chapter 4 . 1/26/2012
Not a whole lot I can say to this other than love...
Merina Thropp chapter 11 . 3/1/2010
omigosh that was fantastic
Cascaper chapter 11 . 4/1/2009
"Elphaba raised her eyebrows at him. 'That would have been awful,' she cried." -Ok, the tone here from one sentence to another does not match. Only raising her eyebrows, yet the next minute she cries out. Add a bit more shock to the first part- perhaps her mouth drops open, for instance. Or else, just change "she cried" to something less dramatic. Given how reserved Elphie is, I'd go with the second option, but that's just me. Besides, she is finally with her Yero. She can be a bit more open.

I love this ending! And the way you solved the problem of the scarecrow spell! It warms my fluffy little fangirl heart and is praised by my intellectual author-sense all at the same time. Congratulations, danderson- you've just made my favorite stories list. Keep up the good work.
Cascaper chapter 10 . 4/1/2009
Ah, fanfiction. The restriction of staging is removed by turning it into print. Yay! I have chased my inner prude off to Darkest Africa just for the sake of this fic. I hope she's having a nice time fighting off the lions and black mambas to return. She'll get back long after I've read this upcoming last chapter.
Cascaper chapter 9 . 4/1/2009
Ah well, sometimes plot-advancing devices just work all round- whether fic or stage show. I loved recognizing the lines from the script, and hearing Fiyero's mental comments on it all. More points for total lack of typos!
Cascaper chapter 8 . 4/1/2009
"...would reveal how much truth her knew about her." Whoa, who knows about who? The first "her" should be a "he."

I really enjoyed the flipped POV here. Especially the fact that both Glinda and Fiyero think how stupid Glinda can be after the "father and mother time" line. And o the longing hurts so bad...Sigh. Going on.
Cascaper chapter 7 . 4/1/2009
Okay, major points for Fiyero's closing line. "She belongs to the twilight and mist." Major points.

And an added bonus for the total absence of typos! Now I must onward...
Cascaper chapter 6 . 4/1/2009
I keep meaning to compliment you on the Baum in-joke, but then I get distracted by the awesomeness of the rest of the story. I love Elphaba's birthday letter to her daughter. It sounds completely like her.

"If she was nearby, sending letter to Fae..." -letters, plural, yes?

Again, that's the single typo for this chapter. Nice work. Grammar and story included.
Cascaper chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
Oh, tough call...Dang, I'm practically biting my lip for him.

And to give back to you, o awesome author, I have spotted ze rather important typo...

“I suppose, only... You could never anyone.” –Could never what anyone? “tell,” perhaps?

That is a somewhat crucial sentence, no?

Ok, onward already. I have to read the rest.
Cascaper chapter 4 . 4/1/2009
Dangit, why does no one ever turn around when missing people are at the window? THis is amazing and slightly frustrating at the same time. I'm hooked now. No question.
Cascaper chapter 3 . 4/1/2009
Oh man! THis just gets better and better. The pain here is so raw I almost scratched myself. -Ok, that was a joke in very bad taste, and I was trying to compliment you. Because really, it is good.
Cascaper chapter 2 . 4/1/2009
"You have his nose"... Aw! Man, that made going on to this chapter totally worth it. I think I'ma read the whole rest of it now, mature content or no. (By which, of course, I refer to chapter 1. But whatever. The point is that you've now officially won me over.)