Reviews for Redemption
Darkmaster006 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Though I don't see Zuko wanting a romantic relationship with Katara, if he'd have wanted to, it'd have turned this way. Short fic but amazingly done!
Werejaguar of Halloween Town chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Do you have an account on DeviantArt?
Mrs Pettyfer chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
And here I thought you had no heart for Zutara! lol. I like this and I'll tell you why. It's realistic. Though I like the idea of Zutara, as I read this I can totally see your theory. The idea of Zutara is more of a 'what if' or 'it could have happened' thing that really goes back to the Crossroads of Destiny, as you pointed out. That scene could have been the turning point of a Zutara, but since he did make the mistake, he suffered from it.

So yeah, I liked this ). It was sad, but sometimes you do have to live with your mistakes. Nice job!
alice-in-wonderland-22 chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
zuko wants to be w/ katara? he should've realized that he never had a chance w/ her
Paladin of Farore chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
i completely agree, zutarians make there stories so simple, like the pair is already together at the beggining with no explinations. When IMO Zuko barely deserves Katara's friendship after what he did, i think he ruined any chances of love at Ba Sing Se. Great fic!
arizony chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
No, you are NOT mean. In real life, our actions DO have consequences. Winning back someone's trust is NOT a given just because you say, "I've changed..." It takes time, and it takes actions. Meanwhile, that alone, like you have mentioned, is NOT enough for someone to suddenly have romantic feelings for someone. Good story, and good job, like always.
supercdogg95 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
i liked it a lot, great job w/ toph! i think you did esp. well w/ her! also, good job w/ zuko, but honestly, i don't think he would even think of a romantic relationship w/ katara, maybe just get her 2 treat him friendly?
Natalis chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I like this story. A little Zutara conversation to state that Kataang is the fate.

Oh this is sweet. ;D
Loupami chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
It's nice, you know? Not having Katara swoon over Zuko as soon as he tells everyone, "Ok, I'm a good guy now!" in every redemption fic. He really doesn't deserve her, and she isn't that shallow. You do Katara justice; she is sorely misunderstood by a lot of authors.
sunnyflowers chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Excellent story. I loved the story, and your writing. I especially enjoyed how you show the reader that redemption does have a price.
Liselle129 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
I was really surprised to see this after your recent rant on the drabbles set. I'm glad you wrote it. I would have preferred to see a little more depth, perhaps, but having Zuko sort of pining for Katara definitely turns the situation on its head. I found it sort of darkly funny (must be my English side) that Katara twisted the knife, in a sense, by informing Zuko that he and Azula helped convince her of what Aang meant to her.

Anyway, the reactions of the other group in accepting Zuko were realistic as well, and it's nice to see you off your hiatus, however briefly.
Lonewalker chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Hm, good idea, but not the best story you've written, though I'm not holding it against you since you made it clear a few times that you are unsure as to how you can write a story from Zuko's perspective. It wasn't your most emotional peace, in fact for raw emotion, this doesn't come close compared to your other stories such as "Goodbye" and "Survive."

But all in all, I believe you got your point across. You wished to show Zuko being redeemed without the "obligatory" Zutara part of it, which I enjoyed.

Your writing shows a lot of potential, yet for some reason I am unable to enjoy your stories as much as your arguments towards your dislike for the..."unique" prospects of the Zutara fandom.

Another problem is probably because I have trouble accepting a twelve year old being in a relationship, but due to the fact that I actually enjoy the bond between Aang and Katara, I'm willing to try to push that aside.

Keep up your writing, it shows a lot of promise.
SilhouetteDream chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I admit that I'm a Zuko and Katara fan, but I like how you were realistic in this. Sometimes I completely lose interest in a story that gets unbelievable when it comes to that particular pairing. It's annoying when they just "get together". Anyways, sorry for the rant. I really wanted to say that it's different, in a good way. _
Invaderk chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Finally, the story we've all been waiting for, where Katara doesn't melt into Zuko's arms and sob into his chest that she really just missed him all along. Please.

Amazingly in-character all around, and lovely description to boot. you write Zuko very well for someone who dislikes him; I can hardly bring myself to try to write him lately.

But anyway, wonderfully well-written and clearly thought-out. In other words, excellent story!
pokey chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I don't think it mean at all. It's unrealistic to think that Katara is just going to be okay with Zuko being a part of 'killing' Aang. Even if you don't think Katara is IN love with Aang you have to know that she loves him-he's her best friend. When the last time someone(espically somelike Katara) let something like hurting her best friend go.

I really liked this, you wrote a really great Zuko perspective-keep him in character and made you point. Great job.