Reviews for O, My Captain
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Ten worlds, equally true, equally bitter. *claps*

(And oh, hey, a RahXephon shout out.)
Higanbana.4 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Can't seem to figure out who the last two people are. It looks like Naruto and Sasuke... but some things don't match up. I'd like to congratulate ya :) This fic was very well-written. Lovely to read.

LibertyLime chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
wonderful story! i loved the format... i found it randomly and i read it cause you mentioned one of my favorite poems (whitman is a genius!)

anyway it's nice to read something different than the usual stories here, and yours is a great example of good writing...

keep up!
Paosheep chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
I'm not sure exactly why I like this so much; sure, it's well written, insightful, original, and fun, but... i think there's something about the tone. If I had to explain, I suppose I would say I like this story because it it an almost translucent shade of shimmering navy blue. *sigh* That didn't make any sense...
BeautifulStruggle chapter 1 . 11/30/2007

I think i'll be turning this one over in my head for a few days. The depth here is amazing and this makes me think of a few angles I've never thought of.

Very very impressive.
Uzuki-Kun chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Very good, well written, and precise. I dearly enjoyed it. The last part, as most have said, is a little hazy, but hey, people who read a story find the plotholes and missing bits that others can't see when they write it. Oh well.

By the way, the Swordsman in the Mist part. That was great if one understands that his mother was a whirlpool country invite. Well done.

I dearly hope it was Sasuke that was dead. I certainly hope so.

Cause that would be great.

Very great indeed. Though, the way it is written, I suppose you can call it either one.

But it had better be Sasuke...hehehehe.

Again, well written!
Lord Geryon chapter 1 . 11/1/2007

Fairly dark, all around, but that's not bad - never is, if it's done well. I think this is done well, by the way.

The last entry is obviously Naruto and Gaara, with Naruto winning. Cobalt eyes blue eyes Naruto, the only male with blue eyes in the series.
Dark Hope Assassin chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
I didn't quite understand the last scene because I didn't get who the main characters in it were. Oh well...

I find this story very captivating. And especially the new view on Gaara that you gave me. Maybe I was too smitten with the guy and hoping that things could be miraculously just cured, years upon years of demonic influence, but you definitely gave me a wiser view on that. Wonderfully put, the way you said that he is slowly learning to be human. It's just too bad that his nephew and brother had to die to make him feel that.

And I quite adored the scene about Kakashi and his perception of the world. It was a great idea-that I ironically hadn't considered, even though it's blatantly obvious that it must have been something like that-that his father's words had affected him so greatly to have made him into the punctual emotionless sarcastic fiend that he was while Obito was still alive. And it would make sense that after the Uchiha's death he felt the need to repent every single day of his life, spend time in front of the memorial stone in attempts to lessen the burden. Brilliant, that's what you are.

And I loved the shiver induced by the line where you said Kakashi had had the very fleeting idea of leaving Naruto die in the mud all alone because of his late father's "teachings". Marvelous. Gives a very dark feeling that I quite adore in such well-written fics.

You might want to proof read a bit though. There was a full stop missing in... Anko's scene, if I'm not mistaken? And the first line about the Inuzuka clan said "Inuzaka", so... Yeah.

And now that I mentioned it, I quite loved the way that you portrayed Anko though I'm not sure who the heck those "Kazuma" clan are because the manga sure didn't mention them and I'm figuring that and the Anko vague background info come from the anime fillers? Or I'm mistaken? Sorry, I'm rambling and not even making much sense but I loved the fact that you had everyone regard her as "broken" and then not acknowledging her attempts to try to "mend" herself and how she finally ditched trying to look better in the eyes of her fellow villagers-how very much like Anko that is, indeed-and turning to the kids for the cure to her soul. Very deep, very touching. The last line of that was also inspiring in its meaningfulness-the children don't care if she's whole or not; they just want her for herself, don't criticize, don't sneer, don't judge. Simply superb.

I could go on to tell you everything about ever single paragraph that I love but we'd go on forever like that. There's just too much meaning loaded in this story, so much emotion that I can't even begin to analyze decently. It was a marvelous read and I'm so sorry that it took me so long to do so. An incredible story-I adored it. It gave my day to day life some more colour. _

I hope that you don't overwork yourself writing stories but you can be at least sure that I'll be there to check out whatever you write next as well. _

Yours sincerely and a devoted fan,

Dark Hope Assassin
dreamlifter chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
top to bottom well written, very thought provoking and creative 'ten truths' The Gaara ones were the best and Neji's was well done too. Great job!
colin chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
great stuff, as expected.
P'tfami chapter 1 . 10/22/2007

Its a pity this story hasn't gotten more reviews because its introspective themes are quite original. I have more or less followed the timeline of each shot, but I think you ought to put a short summery for each and maybe mention the characters involved. I know the last one was Naruto/Sasuke-centric but its still a bit vague.

There's a typo in no.7 :"Eyes full of tears were merey torn from their sockets." did you mean merely?

Good work.
Mangalover 248 chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Not sure who you were talking about in that last one. Thought at first it might be Naruto and Sasuke, but the comment about the mother being cut down by the last Swordsman of the Mist makes me wonder. Well written by the way. If you want to answer my question, my account is under this name.