Reviews for The Lion and his Lady
Virtuella chapter 2 . 11/25/2008
Oh, I enjoyed this one, too! The story teller idea is lovely. The tavern wench could have been borrowed straight from the Oktoberfest... ;-)

Niggle: If she's wearing a mask, I wouldn't mention that she's frowning.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Oh, this is utterly, utterly charming! The progression from the very formal to the heart-warmingly cordial is completely believable. And just so you know when later on you come across the twinkle-in-the-eye bit in my story, I had already written that before I read this. I suppose it's hard to imagine Eomer without it!
Anearin chapter 5 . 10/30/2008
mm real life can be so annoying can't it. It would be so much fun if we just got to stay in Middle Earth permanently! lol it took me a while to realise these were actually oneshots it wanst until I read the change of eye colour from honey brown to grey that I realised. lol but I really did enjoy them they are very well written. :) But I think this last one is my favorite :)

Anea
black4minister chapter 5 . 6/26/2008
oh, i love this fic! if i could hazard a suggestion: what about a fic where eomer is out riding and comes across a 'poor lady' who was out on her own and in offering his help she mistakes him for a robber and goes about fighting him off. then he has to bring her back and she won't be civil to him or talk to him-could be funny.

well just a suggestion-maybe you'd like it.
Medea Smyke chapter 2 . 6/8/2008
Laugh. I love this one, too. I love how Lothiriel is so naive! In all of your stories she tries so hard to take care of herself but there's so much she doesn't know about the world...like why you would only need a room for half an hour. ;)

Also, I couldn't resist asking...is the gentleman who choked on his ale by any chance Aragorn himself? If he isn't I'll just pretend because the idea really made me laugh.
Medea Smyke chapter 5 . 6/5/2008
Fantastic!
Medea Smyke chapter 4 . 6/5/2008
So, while waiting for an update for On the Wings, I have been slowly perusing your other fics. I love this drabble! Their fighting at the beginning was priceless! I love how she just rolled with it instead of caving. Awesome. Also loved Eomer's nerves over proposing. Of all the fanfic I've read (and I've been reading for quite a while) I think your characterization of E and L is my favorite. Brava.
Medea Smyke chapter 3 . 6/5/2008
I love it! I admit I was worried, at first, but the end was splendid.
asdfjkl chapter 5 . 5/8/2008
morwen rocks!

keep writing.
Lady M28 chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
I really loved the inclusion of Morwen in this last story. You're right, she very well could have been alive, given the ages that Imrahil, Elphir, and even Faramir reputedly lived to. Also, I like that though you alude to her having not liked Thengel, it turned out it was perhaps the Mark, or being homesick, that really happened. By the end it seemed she to be happy about a possible match between Lotheriel & Eomer, which I wouldn't expect if she hated the Riddermark, since she is obviously fond of Lotheriel. It does seem disappointing, however, that she never went back after the death of Theodwyn, since she then had 3 orphaned or semi-orphaned grandchildren, though Theodred was an adult by then.

Anyway, I thought it was a very original and lively addition to this series, I hope it continues here in the new year, or that you have something new up your sleeve. I love the way you have created this OC of Belecthor and how you use him, so very amusing, I always get a good laugh. But, my favorite part was when Lotheriel saw the map of the Mark and realized exactly what Eomer had been dealing with, and gained a new appreciation of him. Also, I loved his reaction to her revealing who she is and why she was running away. Because I can't imagine him arranging for Eowyn to marry someone she'd never met and just expect her to go along with it. Eomer's relationship with Eowyn has always led me to believe he is a man that appreciates the strengths of women & respects them, doesn't just view them as chattel.

That single scene was, for me, my favorite of this particular story.

Oh, in response to your reply to my last comment, I've read YTC, and greatly enjoyed it. I don't consider that Lotheriel to be shy, however. She's very much not shy, and somewhat suprisingly sure of herself. I think she's naive & trusting of human nature and extremely kind hearted. But not shy, in my opinion, which is why I found the earlier version of her in this series so intriguing.
CedarPineSpruce chapter 5 . 12/14/2007
I adored this story. All five story lines are exceptionally well written. Thank you. :-)
CedarPineSpruce chapter 4 . 12/14/2007
Absolutely lovely.
CedarPineSpruce chapter 2 . 12/14/2007
Excellent story.
CedarPineSpruce chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Well written chapter.
Traceria chapter 5 . 12/10/2007
Likely I'll be leaving a second review because I'm only maybe a fifth of the way through this fifth scenario. I just wanted to let you know there are already tears of mirth leaking from my eyes at Aunt Ivriniel's huff and admiration of Belecthor. I can already tell I'm going to loose a few more at Aunt I's expense. He he he...
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »