Reviews for The Lion and his Lady
Fallaby Z chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
Oh you're back! So terribly excited for the next installment(s)... I think we all know that you are THE Lothiriel/Eomer writer. :) This particular chapter was surprising but fun and sweet. It's also probably the one I most identify with as a non-horse lover but Rohan-lover.

The second to last line was my absolute favorite: "He grinned down at her. 'Lady of mine, as long as you don't mistake one horselord for another...'" Cue the "aaaw"s. :)
Medea Smyke chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
Oh my goodness! I couldn't believe it when I saw an update in my inbox! How exciting. :) It's good to see that Eomer and Lothiriel are up to their usual shenanigans - and too funny! Mistaking horses, late night library runs. I was giggle-snorting through this whole one-shot. Thanks, Lia! I'm excited to see what else you have in store for us.
JuliaAurelia chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
Very cute!
Turwaithien chapter 6 . 5/23/2012
Although I prefer longer stories these are all VERY charming and a joy to read.

My favorite scenario is "From Dutiful Daughter to Virtuous Wife". That was simply awesome.

You perfectly demonstrate that brevity is the soul of wit with "True Love Knows no Season". It's so funny and fabulous! I'm still laughing...

Thank you for sharing these! I truly hope you will add some more here in the future. Just LOVE your style and humor!
Ruya Firtina chapter 5 . 5/13/2012
I like this one the best. I love how your Lothiriel causes so much trouble in the scene where she runs through the fair. You really are a very gifted writer. Your dialogue is superb-the characters truly come to life!
BlueNynaeve chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
Hoo-boy! This is the first time in oh, a dozen or so re-readings, when I suddenly realized the first section is about the *horses*. Hee-hee - I love all these scenarios.
Talia119 chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
I simply love all of this collection of short stories. I hope you add some more! Thank you for sharing them.
Duchess of Blueberries chapter 5 . 2/12/2012
oh my! I really liked this one-shot :D

It was exiting and funny and on top of that, I love the fact that you make Lothíriel rather badass ( in a princess like way :D)
Tinkirbell chapter 6 . 12/22/2011
Love this one too!

Emberike chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
The Lothíriel of these letters sounds very much like Elizabeth Bennet from "Pride and Prejudice". I love how the greetings evolve from "My Lord King" to "Dear Éomer"! Well done!
quaff chapter 6 . 7/6/2011
Delightful series of stories. Thank you for writing them.
booksandmusic19 chapter 5 . 1/25/2011
Dizzying. Absolutely dizzying.

I've loved all the oneshots in this series, but I especially LOVE this one. Eomer and Lothiriel are written perfectly in character - in my opinion, at least.

"Or else Eothain would have hit him over the head - that was what friends were for after all." Perfect balance of humour and wit.

I'm off to read your other stories, but I'd love to see a 'continuation' of this, of sorts (perhaps Lothiriel stealing his horse once they're married, or something?)
Sic Vita Est chapter 4 . 10/10/2010
I know I reviewed the one-shots as a whole but also wanted to review specifically some of them. This was one of my favorite meetings. I think because there something that really rings true here in Eomer's defensiveness towards someone he sees as an interloper.

I also think it is realistic that he would have gone downhill a bit due to the fact that his family is dead and Eowyn has moved away and that he is separated a bit from others due to his now being the King. I think he would have had a hard time adjusting.

I love how you balanced this with the tenderness from Lothiriel (after she stood up to him) and that their relationship progressed slowly.
Sic Vita Est chapter 5 . 10/10/2010
I decided to review this particular one-shot because it was my favorite out of the bunch but honestly they were all good. If you ever decide to expand these into stories I hope you would consider this one. I am sure you are getting tired of hearing it but I love your stories, you somehow manage to transport the reader Middle Earth and it is a journey that I do not want to see end. But unfortunately the stories do end at some point. So sad.
Mo chapter 5 . 10/7/2010
I believe that when you wrote of how Eomer looked coming back from the Black Gate, you meant foreboding instead of forbidding. Anyways great story.
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »