Reviews for Truth Behind Truths
Fullmetal-ant chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
You killed Al. Meany but you are a good author.
Payton.Pride chapter 8 . 1/19/2013
Oh my god. I was all in tears! Amazinggg
Payton.Pride chapter 5 . 1/19/2013
it was really touching, I have to say. Not many fanfics make me cry
Victorious-Mind chapter 10 . 11/28/2012
I loved this story! How cute and lovely! Poor Ed. I could basically hear my heart breaking as I read this.
Cartoon Cow chapter 10 . 6/7/2012
0.0 utter amazement XD I LOVED THIS STORY!
OhHolyCow chapter 10 . 6/5/2012
Very good. You have written a creative, realistic story while introducing the parental aspect of Roy and Edward's platonic relationship, all while keeping everyone in character. It's interesting how you used the death of Alphonse to bring about this relationship. I congratulate you on a job well done.
SoullessElric chapter 10 . 12/8/2011
I did like this idea, really I did! The writing wasn't the best in terms of word choice, sentence structure, and style, but it wasn't bad either. Ugh I'm running out of things to say in my reviews to you... Um... Yeah, please reply! :3
SoullessElric chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
THAT WAS SO AMAZING! I will review further later, but I am SO sending this to my friends! X3
Ganheim chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
they were going to take any chance they would get.

[I’m pretty sure they both implicitly said they wouldn’t take the same horrific means they lost their bodies/limbs with, and that this situation was more one of being faced with “I save himself and me now, or we all die”]

And his hands slowly brushed

[You use the exact same structure in the next line, and I think it’s more fitting there. Just “his hands brushed” here begins the action that triggers things, though doesn’t he have to more decidedly push himself towards the alchemic array?]

that had imprisoned his body for so long.

[His soul, not his body]

"NO! Don't touch it

[That’s his brother, why’s he saying “it”?]

Chapter 2

Why does my automail hurt so much now?

[Automail can be removed…they’ve done it more than once in the series. It might not remove the pain if the damage went down to the cybernetic connections, but it would reduce the chances of aggravating injury]

There was nothing we could do about it," she said, her face filling with sympathy.

[This is the second time this line has been uttered, and there’s no specific details in the character to make it nay more real than the phone conversation]

yelled in a bone-chilling tone

[I have no idea what that could even potentially be]

Maria began to get worried

[Warning: this is source mixing, you’re confusing the who what in the paragraph. That’s why when you break to a new character, it’s a good idea to break to a new paragraph]

I think we’re missing a lot of the specific details that could go a long way to truly realizing the scene. There are a lot of generalities (ie face filled with sympathy) but there aren’t any details (watering of the eyes, a faint slouch away, not making eye contact, wringing of the hands or twiddling of the fingers) in this and a lot of the other interactions. Pacing is also an issue in a few spots – it’s not bad in general, but things like the phone conversation interrupting the lieutenant talking with Edward just to reveal information that Ed gets anyway...it disrupts the story in a bad way. You could just have Roy appear in the next chapter and say “they phoned me about what happened” without the awkward repetition.
The awesome bunny chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
yaaaay im the 100th reviewer! any way this is a rly good chappie! cant believe ed did that O_O
Areus Bookworm chapter 10 . 4/3/2011
That was great! It actually managed to get me depressed, on the verge of teas, and so upset I argued with my mom! GOOD JOB!
Kei Ago chapter 10 . 3/20/2010
I loved it.

I loved Ed and Roys relationship, how you captured it, and how you then developed it, not to mention how you perfectly captured Edward's emotions. Can't wait for more parental, this was amazing :)
canttellmehowtolivemylife chapter 10 . 6/19/2009
Wow...

This was awesome. I hope that you up-date it and add more chapters...

OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO COME AND STEAL YOUR HALLOWEEN CANDIEZ!
canttellmehowtolivemylife chapter 9 . 6/19/2009