Reviews for Puppy Dog Tails
Emrys Ariadne chapter 1 . 3/15
This was adorable. I love the expansion of the idea that John was secretly hiding away important keepsakes.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
This was awesome! wah

omg hun...I think im in love with all of your work! AAHH

LOVE IT

xx my god it's awesome x
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Great tag, I loved the epi BDABR and often feel that Kripke misses out on so much when he doesn't do the patch up. Perfect the skinned knee reminiscence and that Sam wondered just when John had squirrelled away some of their childhood stuff. Loved Dean's answer of that their dad had told him of his 'see-if-the-boys-notice-its-gone box' which would explain how John magically found Sam's GI Joe!

Great writing as usual.
elderwitty chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
This. This right here is stuff they should show in the show, but they just keep leaving it out for some reason. If they'd cut out the recap, they'd have time for great moments like Dean taking care of Sammy after a hunt goes kerblooey.

..“We’ll see, Sammy,” Dad had said. “But we’re having hot chocolate tonight, and both would be…”

..“Both!” Sam had yelled delightedly.

Even as a child, Sam displayed a keen understanding and a laser focus. Both would, indeed, be more than either and, thus, preferable. It would be BOTH! (the word 'both' has ceased to have any meaning at this point, I've typed it so often.) High-spirits (and probably, -sugar) Sam is very easy to picture, especially as I have a younger brother myself. JDM was on the Bonnie Hunt show a couple of weeks ago, and the laughing he did on there gives me a great mental image of him with his head thrown back, enjoying the weather and his children's joy. Very evocative description of the changing weather and how it can affect their moods.

Love John's see-if-they-notice box. Brilliant, really. Just the stategy you need for a life on the move where you can't fit everything you really want in the trunk, and have to make do with just what you really need. I'm very disappointed that the show hasn't revisited the storage unit and uncovered more of John's sentimental side.

Actual concrit this month:

..In the silence and the dark, Sam actually fell asleep, only startling to wakefulness when Dean opened the door to his right and taking his arm.

Should that be 'took' his arm?

Another lovely slice of Winchester life.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Very cute. Love the box thing. Can totally see Sam being hyper like that. And also noticed how easily John brushed off the possibility of Dean being hurt as well.
C chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Heh, Sam's glee at cider AND hot chocolate is contagious!
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
It hadn’t been a temper tantrum, just energy and excitement and being eight-years-old. Sam’s eyes had been bright with mischief, seeing if his Dad would play along. And John had, smiling in spite of himself at Sam’s unspoken demand for attention.

“I…”

“Both both both both!” Sam had caroled, and John had laughed.

Oh, my dear! I would pay such big bucks to see this image onscreen. This is the John I hope was around, at least a little, when the boys were small. And I love how Dean is just far too OLD for all this silliness, but falls immediately into the role of comforter/rescuer.

Nice tie-in to the ep! A sweet, lovely little tag. Thank you!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
I know this is really besides the point... but every time I read this tag, it makes me REALLY want hot chocolate. I get to that point in the story and think "yeah, hot chocolate would be good right now..." I think I am going to go make some. m. great story - love the flashback!
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I love it when what the boys are doing present day leads to them remembering things from the past. Nicely done! Love the discussion about the storage room. Can't wait to see what writers pull out of it.
omgsheshotsammy chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Oh, I really liked this!
famous99 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Sweet glimpse into the Winchester past. Lovely as always!
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
You know, I love that you make John a dad and not a cold SOB. It's always nice to see some good memories with the boys and John. You seem to have a good balance in most of your stories of a caring John, but also a down to business John.

Nice little memory here. :)

Nicole
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Aw...that was just lovely. Poor Sammy with his shot shoulder and his scraped knees getting patched up by his big brother. Loved the flashback, especially the seriously hyped up Sammy and the image of John just leaning up against the car letting them get on with it and waiting for the fallout. I spend a large part of my days sat in the middle of my girls' constant battles just waiting for the tears to start with one of them. :-)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I enjoyed the story. It was really sweet, Dean chasing Sam around the car sounds like me and my sister. My mom says she does, 'I'll take it and see if you miss it' thing.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Great story.

I hope the boys will be back to that storage room or will at least talk about again.