Reviews for Thirst
missElena chapter 1 . 8/21
The idea that Susan still longs for what she had before, and that Aslan waits for her patiently is wonderful - and definitely something I can relate to. I hear Lewis himself said something like that Susan's journey would have been a story of its own, but that it wouldn't have fit the narrative of the children's books he was writing. It's a pity he never got to write it, and that what became of her has been vastly misunderstood - by myself as well, mind you.

"She thirsts for love that shakes the earth again"
...and maybe a part of her has thought that she could find something similar in her current interests, but...
"She whispers, hardly daring."
...she begins to realize that there's only one place where she can find what she longs for.

"She hears a promise, soft like a whisper against her skin
That shakes the earth again."
I love the contrast here; the promise itself can be delivered softly, because it's the meaning of it that shakes the earth and it doesn't need to be shouted out loud in order to be effective.

In overall it's beautiful. I'm glad to have stumbled upon it.
ShakNali chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
oh! goosebumps!

I love Chronicles, both book and movie. I thought Aslan was superb in the film - just wanted to touch that soft fur...
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Now THAT'S a poem! Great work!
Sexy Scottish Accent chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Wow, this is really good! Very, very deep. I'm not sure about the first thing in quotations, but I'm sure that "I will never leave you, nor forsake you," comes from the Bible. Are you Christian, or have you just heard that before?