Reviews for The Joker's Wild
delriodog chapter 38 . 6/2
I tried to like this story, really. It had it's moments, usually with the Joker, that were quite entertaining. But overall, the story seems quite rushed, and lazily thrown together. None of the characters retain their identity from either the show or the comics. The way Raven was portrayed was especially silly, and I'm not just talking about her inebriating encounters with Chuckles. And, god, that ending. Lazy, lazy lazy. You had something interesting at the beginning and then turned it into Sky High: Rated R. Cliché as a happy ending.

Also, your pretentious little game regarding pathetic writing was hilarious coming from the author who wrote this story. Cliché? Cheesy? Stupid? Ridiculous? That's everything this story was, bud. You're not one to talk. I'm not saying you're talentless, however. You had some good things in this. It was just overshadowed by the collossal failure that was the rest of the story. I'd be willing to give another of your stories a chance, but this was not a pleasant experience.

2/10
Anonymous chapter 6 . 5/5
Didn't know that Luke Skywalker could do that creepy laugh.
Anonymous chapter 6 . 5/4
Joker (voiced by Mark Hamill). Who knew that Luke Skywalker could do award winning maniacal laughter as a creepy laughing maniac clown?
LoveGlutton chapter 34 . 4/13
Holy hell... I shoulda seen that coming
LoveGlutton chapter 31 . 4/13
Shatterpoint achieved
LoveGlutton chapter 16 . 4/13
Finally... I expected slade to put up more of a fight... Personally
LoveGlutton chapter 9 . 4/13
X is jason in this world isnt he... I wish he was
LoveGlutton chapter 7 . 4/13
Spoiler... I forgot about her... She did date robin... Thats would explain it... If this robin was drake of course
LoveGlutton chapter 6 . 4/13
Hehehheheeheheh
LoveGlutton chapter 5 . 4/13
Yeah if thr new comics are anything to show for it... Only a handful survive a suicide squad mission, fewER walk away from the suicide squad alive
LoveGlutton chapter 4 . 4/13
I can tell this is gonna be a helluva thrill ride
LoveGlutton chapter 3 . 4/13
Deathstroke was just a hired gun in canon you know... Not much they could do with that.
LoveGlutton chapter 2 . 4/13
Oh you gotta love the villiany of the joker
You made a mistake in the robins. The robin that lead the teen titans original five was Dick Grayson but you have put Tim drake, who lead the later teams that no longer contain any of the originals. night wing was in Gotham, starfire became part of the outlaws, and the other three become members of the justice league.
DinoJake chapter 10 . 3/21
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I recently discovered this fanfic, and I'm really liking it so far!

For starters, the premise. I have ALWAYS wanted to see Joker go on a grand crime spree in Jump City and so far, this fanfic is showing a lot of promise for that scenario. Granted, it feels like Joker should've done more than try to bomb a mall by now, but I know that you're just setting something big and you don't want to rush yourself.

Oddly enough, the Joker's slow start has little to do with the fic's excellent pacing. Maybe it's because I'm used to chapters that are WAY longer, but it feel like this chapter is moving a mile a minute, but in a good way. I really like the incorporation of Cassie as well, though admittedly I have almost no familiarity with the comics. I'm more of a movie / cartoon guy.

I DO have a few nitpicks though. First off, yes, it's been brought up before and I'll bring it up again; you seem a little too eager to kill off most of Jump City's rogue gallery. This criticism is probably just white noise to you by now, so I won't blame you for skipping the next paragraph or two.

Don't get me wrong, you're definitely right in that Teen Titans had a really weak rogues gallery. Sure, you had the standard big bads like Slade and Brother Blood, but literally everyone else was just RG filler. Hell, I wouldn't even call them villains in the narrative sense. In the first few seasons of the show, the primary purpose of the villains was to serve as a catalyst and/or segway into that episode's REAL arc, which typically centered more around the Titans' internal conflicts rather than an external threat. It wasn't until the last season or two that the writers actually saw the creative potential of some of those villains and actually did some interesting things with them.

I could definitely see Control Freak going out like a punk, as well as the Hive Five (well, SOME of the hive five, at least. I'm pretty sure Mammoth could survive a point-blank grenade blast. Kyd Wykkid MIGHT have teleported away in time, but that's a very big MIGHT. Seemore and Gizmo though? Yeah, they're both dead.) But I DID find it a bit odd that Killer Moth didn't even put up a fight when Joker and Harley came for him. I'd imagine that he'd make a last stand and hold off the clowns for as long as he could with what was left of his army of moths; if only to give Kitten more time to escape. Instead, he makes zero attempts to defend himself as far as I can tell. And I'm sorry, but I HAVE to defend Red X. He's as good as Robin, so he DEFINITELY would've put up a better fight than that. And hell, I think you might have wasted a really interesting plot-thread. One popular fan theory is that Red X's true identity is Jason Todd, somehow back from the dead. THAT could've been interesting, watching Jason go toe-to-toe with his killer. Anyway, I'm guessing Slade is next on the chopping block, and I'm really hoping for a good fight scene between him and Joker.

Another thing that bothered me is how Robin and even Batman was surprisingly okay with Beast Boy dating not one, but TWO members of the team. I kinda felt that it was mildly OOC that Robin WOULDN'T chew Beastboy or Raven out for picking the worst possible time to start dating. And if Robin hadn't chewed them out, Batman would've chewed out Robin for allowing it. Call me a spoilsport, but when there is a genocidal clown on the loose, it seems like you should postpone any personal plans you might have in the near future.

Anyway, that's my thoughts so far. I know I've got more to go, and I look forward to it!