Reviews for The Joker's Wild
Potter's Tardis chapter 3 . 4/16
Well, there goes another villain. When I read the line 'Can you do something, y'know... Joker-y' I thought Joker would do something like say ok and then shoot that person. (Well, something much more evil.)
Kirill Nielson chapter 38 . 4/16
Wow. Impressive! And this was written in 2008. Six years ago. I'm sure you've moved on since then, and probably don't care anymore but I'll still offer a few things, as I was truly pleased with this story.

First, to get a few "bad" things out of the way:
- Naturally, just like a lot of other readers, I was baffled why you chose Tim for the Role of Robin, when it's common knowledge that Dick was Robin. But many have said the same thing.
- You know it yourself that Batgirl was unnecessary here. Though her rivalry with Raven was a nice realistic touch.
- Finally, it is highely unbelievable that Robin would back out of his relationship with Starfire almost immediately after their return from Tokyo. It is in his character to stay true to his choices, and break up would have hurt Starfire greatly. Plus, it was unnecessary - nothing would have changed story-wise if they were together from the start.
- I'm not sure I understand the necessity of killing Hive Four. Those kind of supporting characters usually tend to survive catastrophes.

That's the "bad." Now to the "good."

- Obviously, Joker is the star here, and you did probably the best portrayal of him I've ever seen. Let me unwrap it here a little. I realize that you were probably shooting for Hamill's version in Justice League and Batman Beyond. By the time you finished it, The Dark Knight was already out, but I don't think Ledger's Joker would work well on paper. To my taste, the best Joker ever, however, is incarnated in Scott Snyder's "Death of the Family" that came out in 2013. Hamill's Joker takes 9/10, while Snyder's Joker takes 10/10 because he actually gets to do all the gruesome killing that a cartoon would not allow. Plus, he has the advantage of all the past gruesomest crimes and the knowledge of the Bat Family. In short, Snyder's Joker is as scary as ever, and you reached this level. I couldn't have asked for more.
- Thank you for the plot! I actually googled "Teen Titans Joker" because I was hoping that someone would come up with it. You are correct to point out that almost every villain in TT universe is lame and laughable (for comic relief reasons, obviously). Even Slade could not offer a 27 year old reader like me this level of maturity. Have your ever read any of Kryalla Orchid's works? She is a professional novelist, and probably most famous TT fanfiction writer. In one of her novel's, she has TT's fight the Joker for 3 chapters in Gotham, and her portrayal of him is similar to yours.
- I also appreciate your take on Joker's physical strength, as I strongly dislike incarnations where is a weak wuss. It's just unrealistic for a super criminal who fights Batman to not be able to hold his own in a combat. I know, your assessment of Joker's capabilities was most likely taken from Wiki, and that's good - shows that you are true to material.
- I also think you nailed JokerxHarley relationship. There is New 22 Suicide Squad ... I think issues 13 and 14, where their relationship is examined in the similar light. Though it's been criticized a lot, I think it's spot on.
- Finally, your writing is very realistic. I actually remember a lot of what I read from 38 chapters - and that is the main indicator of a story's success.

Thank you for a great read.
Xbakiyalo chapter 38 . 2/2
Loved it! I must admit, I am not familiar with Cassandra Cain but I liked the way you included her in this story. The whole Cassie-BB-Raven thing was perhaps a bit overplayed, but a really nice, different dynamic to the story that made this really unique and enjoyable to read! Thanks for the great story :D
suelee1 chapter 38 . 2/1
This is the best fan fic to have the joker in it I have ever read. Good job.
jokergirl chapter 24 . 1/31
Awesome I love the creative joker tortures!
jokergirl chapter 18 . 1/31
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is hilarious, absolute Joker comedy gold, Raven is drunk, beast boy can't do anything but sit while she molests him, star fire got got by a baby-doll, and robin is knocked out, while the joker just walks away, they're just to easy!
jokergirl chapter 17 . 1/31
Watch your typos and you sometimes skip words but otherwise great work.
jokergirl chapter 13 . 1/31
I am very surprised that your work is considered anything less than the best, your depiction of the joker is perfect and I especially like how you portray the way that the characters speak (slang, overly articulate, etc.) it can get really tedious trying to read stories where everyone speaks with perfect grammar when they're not supposed to. Your work came highly recommended to me by my mentor, so don't doubt your skill just because there aren't many comments, the readers might just be to busy reading your great story.
jokergirl chapter 6 . 1/31
I totally agree, the new joker sucks I mean seriously HE DOESN'T EVEN WEAR SPATS! excellent writing by the way but I must note: doesn't the joker write his magnificently amazing plans with crayon, not pencil? I remember a specific story by princessbee that makes reference to his 300 crayon collection each of a different color with the exception of 5 lavender ones, it's entitled DCU:Quality Time. I especially look forward to the next chapters because it will be the first fanfic i've read with cassandra cain whom I only recently learned of from my mentor who is teaching me the ways of mad genius and the joker, I thank you for writing because with out the joker fans like you the world wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
BethyQuake chapter 26 . 1/1
Oh. My. Glob. They did NOT just crucify BeastBoy
This is evil in a I wanna read more of this awesome story way
Guest chapter 7 . 12/18/2013
His name is Dick Grayson...
BartWLewis chapter 38 . 12/1/2013
Awesome story, I loved the BB/Rae/Batgirl triangle.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
What the fuck?! You killed off the hive? You do realize that kyd wykkyd, out of everyone, should be able to escape the joker. Fuck you and all those you love!
ksv12 chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Hmmm, couldn't Kyd Wykyd have teleported him and his teammates away? Maybe you could have had The Joker look up more info on them and have him taken out of commission ahead of time. He's insane not stupid. Kyd just standing there, no matter how scared he may have been, is somewhat OOC.

Other than my nitpicking above I love the way you write The Joker. You make his inner monologues make sense... Almost. ;)
Guest chapter 9 . 9/13/2013
If I may, your making the joker way too evil and red x couldn't care less about the titans so he shouldn't have been a target