Reviews for Parting Gifts
dmichelle312 chapter 1 . 3/4
See my review for "Legolas in Mandos".
Phil Boswell chapter 1 . 1/30
Dammit, someone's chopping onions again…
cdkobasiuk chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Cried during this whole thing. It was lovely.

cdk
Aureleis chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This is a very well-written story, I've never read a Gimli death-fic before. Lovely job, you portrayed the characters quite well.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
A great story. Very well written.
wednesday-mc chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
The intimacy and the love in this story had me in tears. That you managed to have every character I adore make an appearance somehow makes it that much more vivid and 'real.'

Your characterizations are so clear, I feel as if you've allowed a glimpse inside their world that I wouldn't have been possible any other way. Your Elves are Firstborn and regal, but still accessible. And you've made them all come to care for a Dwarf. Gimli's affection and worry for the others as well as Legolas shows so clearly how far he's come.

Lovely writing, lovely images and emotion. Must find more of your work.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
This was a lovely story... It was touching, but had just the right amount of humour - enough to leave the sweetness in the parting of Legolas and Gimli without it becoming bitter.

I especially enjoyed seeing Legolas in the company of Elves other than Thranduil/Elrond/Elladan and Elrohir - that is something that rarely happens in fan fiction.
AbbieM chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Heh not many are a tear jerker but this one is a close call! I loved it!
Lamiel chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
This is a lovely story, very sweet and clear in the telling. I like the details of Gimli's gifts to Galadriel and to Legolas. For such a sad subject, you tell it with humor and grace. Very nicely done.
xAndromedaBlackx chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
I like it. Good job.
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This is really good I loved it! :)
Witch Nova chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
That was wonderful. I had tears in my eyes when I was reading it.

Really lovely.

Nova x
EvadneNyx chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This is an excellent and touching portrayl of Legolas' and Gimli's friendship and bittersweet parting. I also like how you have shown Gimli's humour. I really enjoyed reading this story!

EvadneNyx
CAH chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
What a wonderful story!

I must echo what NiRi said and tell you I also added it to my C2 community and favorite stories!

Ces
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Nice to see this here! Adding it to my C2 and Favs.

Still love it.