Reviews for Ignis Fatuus
mong5418 chapter 1 . 1/15
I'm not English, so it could be very lousy but I just had to review this.

I really don't understand why this fic didn't get more views. I read this over and over... It's very well written, you described the older Ed perfectly. You showed that Ed didn't changed much in some parts, but m I've read many fanfics and saw many Eds, but your Ed... You killed me. twice. You've described Ed's mind, and how he thinks and acts. It may be a little different to original, but I think you have written the 'Edward Elric' in the story.
Also I loved the gray, grim atmosphere you made. You're description painted a damp, gloomy room inside my head...
I would have wrote much more longer if I was good at writing English, but I'm still studying it. I really hope I could tell my review to you in korean...
I'm sure you won't get to read this, but thanks for the wonderful story anyway.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2017
I keep coming back to reread this one every couple months. It's so great. So so great. Sooooooooooooo great and fabulous and I just? It feels so familiar, I've read it so many times, but every image and turn of phrase are absolutely perfect and just as they should be and I love this one so much. Thank you thank you thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2017
love the last line!
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
niice
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
This made me cry from joy. Excellent job!
ASWF chapter 1 . 4/30/2016
Still the best FMA fanwork i've seen :) It doesn't lose power even after re-reads - it still absorbs, and sends chills down my spine. In fact, perhaps as i get older, the knowledge of regrets, hope and failure makes this even more compelling. I left a review a couple of years ago, and yup everything in there still rings true :)
Especially appreciate the shout-outs to transition metals as catalysts, the parabola mirror focusing radiance to a point, the implied reaction kinetics in the successive chain of chemical reactions, and the cognitive tests in their arranged order. Edward not only comes across as a well-trained scientist, but the interdisciplinary genius we know he is. One that has seen enough to know his own insignificance, who brushes off his discovery of catalysts with barely more than a 'meh' XD That would surely have gotten him a Nobel in our world XD
I neglected to mention this, but i have long accepted this as headcanon for what happens post-series, from the very first time i read it and had my breath taken away :)
Guitar Amateur chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
This genre really ought to be "suspense".
Nice transmutation theories and results and narration and, well, nice job.
Rain in the Dark chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Loved it so much! It was an incredibly tense, but satisfying read. Thank you!
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 7/1/2015
Awesome. :)
IAmTheQueenOfMe chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Okay, this is really amazing. At times I was gasping, others I was jumping for joy. Well worth a favorite. Thanks for the amazing read.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
That was very uplifting in the end.
ASWF chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Amazing! Probably my favorite out of all the FMA works i've read ) Ed's 'voice' is so compellingly-done here, undeniably & truly Edward Elric without losing any subtlety.
Wonderfully grim atmosphere; this is a story about hope and resolve and noble ideals - and yet, having Ed's hard-won victory arise out of such a grim setting only makes the beginning of hope shine brighter. incredibly moving.
Everything about this story is tightly-crafted: masterful characterisation, thrilling description, amazing insight. The last line is an absolute killer - it's not just triumph; it's the *beginning* of triumph, and somehow that is more beautiful than mere triumph could ever be.
Love, love, love this to bits. it feels like it should be canon FMA.
Thank you so very much for this incredible piece of work!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Oh gosh, this is fantastic. I love the feel this story gives off, with an older Ed who is more calloused than he ever has been to the things that have gone wrong for him and his transmutations. I thought you had his character spot on when he was dealing with the Conners and wishing there were more steps to go over before he began. And then it worked! And it was so amazing that he went out there still covered with blood and then had a victory dance in the alley. :D

Sapphireswimming
Kaleidoscope Glass chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
... I love you.
zealousfreak27 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Yays! Ed saved some one. I was sure it'd have a sad ending (people love to torture Ed...)