Reviews for Ignis Fatuus
LCextrordinaire chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Okay, this is really amazing. At times I was gasping, others I was jumping for joy. Well worth a favorite. Thanks for the amazing read.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
That was very uplifting in the end.
ASWF chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Amazing! Probably my favorite out of all the FMA works i've read ) Ed's 'voice' is so compellingly-done here, undeniably & truly Edward Elric without losing any subtlety.
Wonderfully grim atmosphere; this is a story about hope and resolve and noble ideals - and yet, having Ed's hard-won victory arise out of such a grim setting only makes the beginning of hope shine brighter. incredibly moving.
Everything about this story is tightly-crafted: masterful characterisation, thrilling description, amazing insight. The last line is an absolute killer - it's not just triumph; it's the *beginning* of triumph, and somehow that is more beautiful than mere triumph could ever be.
Love, love, love this to bits. it feels like it should be canon FMA.
Thank you so very much for this incredible piece of work!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Oh gosh, this is fantastic. I love the feel this story gives off, with an older Ed who is more calloused than he ever has been to the things that have gone wrong for him and his transmutations. I thought you had his character spot on when he was dealing with the Conners and wishing there were more steps to go over before he began. And then it worked! And it was so amazing that he went out there still covered with blood and then had a victory dance in the alley. :D

Sapphireswimming
Kaleidoscope Glass chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
... I love you.
zealousfreak27 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Yays! Ed saved some one. I was sure it'd have a sad ending (people love to torture Ed...)
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Holy shit! Stunning and incredible! This story has my heart pounding and my teeth clenched, I was so tense for the outcome, and how I celebrated with Ed! Wow, what a knockout.
SoullessElric chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Awwww, yay! That's so amazingly awesome! I'm running out of review ideas... XD
Violet Shadows chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Not bad, but I was expecting something different from a story placed in the horror category as besides the rather grim content it had a really upbeat ending: initially I expected it to fail spectacularly. So all in all, great, but it should really be placed under something like general or maybe drama.
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Extremely well written, and I love the suspense, and the happy ending.
Rachel chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
This was beautiful. Your writing style is flawless and Edward's internal monologue is so well written and perfectly in character to an Edward who has to deal with these circumstances. The ending paragraph was fantastic and really tied the story off well while still showing that life would continue.
Schizophasia chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I can't believe you've gotten so few reviews.

This. Is. Amazing. I love EVERYTHING. Except Mr. and Mrs. Connor. For some reason, they rub me the wrong way. Must be my insensitive side coming in.

I'm imagining Al getting Ed's letter. Imagining Ed getting his nice fat paycheck (I read the whole series on scimitar smile).

SStill. Pointless comments aside, the detail you put into this is amazing. The end is really touching. Success is really good.

"The sky overhead was still overcast, and the inner-city air didn't smell particularly fresh, but it was all sunshine and roses to Ed."

Thank you so much for writing this.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
This is marvelous. Every word rings so true and you capture Edward so completely. An instant fav.
IamTheHydra chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I grieve for the lizard. stupid kid... killing a lizard. stupid ed, not caring about the lizard.
Orange Singer chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Freakin' awesome. So much thought put into this...great job!