Reviews for Hollow Eyes
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Jesus Christ how horrifying
SwiftintheSky chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Oh my god, this is an actual masterpiece. This aspect of the Hero of Time definitely needs to be dealt with more often (and is the reason he's the most tragic of the Links). This certainly wasn't a conventional story, but you got the whole thing across through only snippets. Wonderful.

Although it's always been my thought that Zelda sent Link back in time so he could warn her past self, therefore dealing with the threat of Ganon before it begins; in this scenario Zelda doesn't remember, but then that'd be so much lonelier. I did always figure he'd become a sort of wandering hero, though, doing the only thing he knows how, looking for meaning at the end of the blade/in the faces of people he's saved et cetera.

My favorite line? It'd be have to be Mido's comment (he's got all the luck!) or Impa's (no child should look at you like that). They were all great, though, and so perfectly in character. :)
patattack chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
interesting.
rajvir chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
damn I liked this drabble it was interesting to see how the various people thought about him and how it developed
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
sad
Serendipity Star chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I was just thinking about how Link from OoT must be really screwed up, same for WW Link, when I stumble upon this. My only issue is the format makes it a little choppy. Otherwise, very insightful and spot on!
Silvara chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
"I'm surprised that more people haven't brought the topic of Link's mental age up."

That's exactly what I thought when I began to write on my fanfiction (but it's French). I have found another one in English that did had a traumatized twelve Link in his adult body, but sadly, that one mostly, if not solely, cared about lemon. It has been frustating not to find one story in the fandom focusing of the idea itself, so you can imagine that I'm very glad I stumbled upon Hollow Eyes...

I love the way each character's stays basically IC, and all the little things we can deduct between their words. The first idea, and especially the way it was carried out is most imaginative. In fact, it stirred my imagination; a continuity of drabbles from character’s point of views... I hope I'll be able to try that someday. :)
AnNyanimous chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
My friend told me to look this up and I'm glad I did. It was very interesting and people do forget that Link was around twelve when he was suddenly thrown into an unfamiliar body, not to mention situation. That has to be tough.

~Kuromi13

~黒見13
Hawki chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
While the spirit of the oneshot is plain to see, the context isn't so much-it's hard to tell whether this is during OoT, after or both. Still, it's good overall and quite original.

Personally however, I don't see Link's mental faculties as that much of an issue. Unlike your theory, I see nurture rather than nature as being the cause of independence-he's lived for years as a member of kokiri society, albiet without a fairy for most of it, so I think he'd grow up independently, not to mention not being a stranger to adversity.

On the other hand, I agree with you that OoT is the start of the saga, though as per the confirmation of the split timeline, I wouldn't really say it's a root cause for repetition. More like a catalyst, for all intents and purposes.
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
Both an interesting idea, and very true. No one really seems to realize just how young Link is, and this really put it into perspective. The fragmented format really brought it to life, giving just tiny glimpses into the effects. Very well done!
IVIr.G chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Nicely done, nicely done.
Vestrwald chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
A good piece of writing this is. The idea you have espoused here is now stranger to me, though I too have yet to see it drawn upon by others, who seem to prefer a more light tone for the character. In reality, Link would be more probable to someone like Beowulf, who is an odd mix of gentility and frighting power.

The work is rather difficult to review, mainly because of the way it is told. I will say that several of the comments stand out, especially from the Poes and the Skulltulas, since they can be taken to refer to something deeper than the obvious.

At any rate, it was an impressive read, though I would suggest something more conventional next time.

A quick side note, Mr. Miyamoto has stated that Ocarina of Time is the game where the Triforce cycle begins. Though now it has supposedly been surplanted by Four Swords for being the earlist game in the series, here is where the main theme from the other games come from.
FabulaEstActa chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Well, well. I have to say that this made for fascinating drabble. And I have to agree with your sentiments, both on your profile rant and your thoughts on OoT. (I sorta talk about the timeline issues in my story Flow of Time but my potrayal of the Hero of Time is different. Personally, I like what you did here. It seems more realistic.) As for Link's mental breakdown, I find it plausible. It makes me wonder if leaving Hyrule (MM) was to really find his friend or just to escape his memories. Nothing to speak against here, very nice job.
Twilight Stallion chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Wow, this is likely the most unique piece I've ever read.

So far, you're the only I've seen that has addressed this issue, but you're not the only one to have thought about it. I myself have pondered the theory of Link's mental maturity in Oot for a while. And what your story portrays is valid; in the seven years Link was asleep, there is no way he could have gained the knowledge or maturity of a seventeen year old (or however old he really was).

It makes me curious as to how this would play out in real life; what an adult would do if he or she missed out on a large chunk of their lifetime, particularly such a critical one as childhood.

As for your story itself, it was very imaginative. I enjoyed the occasional bit of humor to balance out the angst. The characters pointed out many points in the game that I found funny, ironic, or just plain weird.

Kudos. ]
Link's Ocarina Babe chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Awesome! Dramatic, comedic, and all around a great piece!