Reviews for The Sweetest Things
whogivesadigit chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I have no idea if you read these, seeing as you get so many, but I found this story so "good" (the best word I can muster right now) that I've read it several times, and feel incredibly compelled to comment on it.

One of my favorite parts about it is that there is this pervasive humor in the writing that makes it very interesting, but then, at the same time, the way the piece approaches seriousness is equally interesting. I don't know how else to put it, but it's just good writing - having control over the reader like that. I also think the last line is clever, although much of the piece is, not that line exclusively.

So, simply put: it's good. I like it.
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Awww, Axel, don't take your anger out on Demyx! DX But seriously having something like that thrust upon you muct suck. Very poetic writing and very neat, creative story ideas! Love your writing! -
Shyrstyne chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
So this story is, what, four years old now? But I had to say something, because this one hit me right here *puts hand over heart*. As a type 1 Diabetic myself, I felt so much for Axel, in so many ways- I've been there, and done that. I also seriously appreciate how you seem to actually know some things about it (in fact, the only minor nitpick I have is the "no sugar/anything good ever thing". Which is bull, by the way. No, he wouldn't be able to have it all the time, like I'm sure he did before, but once in a while is okay. It's really more about regulation than anything else; which is probably just as bad to somebody like Axel, but se cera cera.)

But what I love most here is Axel's reaction. Just. Axel's reaction. The depression/frustration/hopelessness is tangible (especially considering these are beings that aren't supposed to feel at all), and taking his problems out on Demyx... Well, with what's happening with him, it makes sense, even if it wasn't a particularly nice thing to do (Sorry Demyx, but numbers being out of wack makes even the stablest of individuals... irrational, and Axel has never been known as someone particularly stable), but it adds a certain aspect to this story that I really appreciated.

I've yet to start into the rest of the (many!) stories you seem to have set up for this series, but I am rather looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Axel deals with this long term, because it can be a challenge, even moreso considering his, well, lifestyle, for lack of a better catch-all.

Normally, I feel this sort of thing (ie, serious medical ailments not caused by the nature of their 'profession') feels wildly out of place in this sort of environment (ie, a video game co-made by Disney and is generally made of fluff and epic), but you really pull it off well, mostly by making it known that this isn't a completely isolated incident, and that, like life, it can happen to anybody (sometimes it feels like a lot of fic writers forget this sort of thing, despite what one would think).

And since I've mostly prattled on about Axel and how this relates to me, I'd also like to say how much I like Demyx here and how he's handling his own recent loss. I would very much like to give him a hug right now, especially since life really hasn't cut him a break so far.
AsianTwinkiesFTW chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I want to listen to Demyx's muussiiiicccc ;~;

Diabetic Axel. Whoda thunk it?
XWhiteRabbitX chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Why are apologizing for the length? the more the merrier! Great story!
Pepipanda chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I love how well you give each character their own "voice". Everyone talks in their own personal way with their own word choice and speech patterns and you've done a very nice job of carrying that over to the characters. Also, the little things like when Axel says "Wait-uh-friut's supposed to be unpeeled.", it's phrased in a very natural way. I've found a lot of people write dialogue with fewer little hesitations and things than people actually say.

I liked your explanation for why Axel is so skinny. It didn't occur to me that he was oddly thin, until I realized that lots of other people seemed to be noticing that.

Also, I really appreciate the medical realism. As someone who hopes to become a doctor and who has a love of researching on the internet, it means a lot to me when an author does her homework.

Another good point was that Axel did not take the news well. I was a little surprised that he got that violent with Demyx for it, but then I've never had to deal with that sudden and drastic a change in lifestyle.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is who says "Figure all but one of us here already knows, dude." and to whom they are referring. Is that Xigbar talking about Demyx?

I really like that you've created your own canon and that you've kept mainly to friendship fics. I went looking through the archives and I couldn't find much that wasn't full of romance, so I've been having lots of fun with all your stuff!

Great job!

Pepipanda
Kora Bloom chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
"Your peace offering has been sacrificed to the gods" That was so funny. And Xigbar talked himself to sleep. Poor Demyx. I think Axel overeacted. It's not like it's Demyx's fault he has diabetes.
kittie reviewer chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
I never once thouht it was you in the dream. I first thought was maybe one of your OC's.

Great Job
HeartsGuardianSol chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Poor Axel! Being diabetic sucks... though i have to admit its lees painful to put that damnable needle into ones's stomach than ones leg... but then again he doesn't have much of a choice being such a scarecrow like he is. :)
Waukee Master Of Disaster chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
This'll sound stupid, but thank you for writing my favorite character with diabetes. It makes me feel better about myself in about a thousand ways.
youxdontxneedxhim chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I've read a lot of your stories from Kingdom hearts and I must say you are an outstanding writer. You should consider writting your own books. You really bring the characters to life,

I must say except for a couple things. I never even heard of Kingdom Hearts the manga or video game but I took a whim and read it...and I must say even though you where writting a fanfict you took the characters and made them sort of into your own which is a really good gift.

After reading your stories it made me want to go and find out what Kingdom Hearts was about...who are these characters and for just a fanfict that's pretty good. You should consider writting your own mangas/stories because you really have a great gift.

FYI: I love Axel 3 I hope you can write more fanfics with him as the main focal point ... I wonder what would happen if you continued sick days...with one with Axel?

Anyways thanks a lot your stories really pull me out of my boredom.
modiluv chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
I really enjoyed this fanfic, and I thought that you portrayed everyone well.

XD I'm still smirking over the lead pipe.
thegreatwhitewolf chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Ah, I understand now. Poor Axel! I know someone who's a type 1 diabetic. And I know a bit about it from my Nutrition class that I'm taking right now. I'll learn more in the second half of the class. But anyway, I was reading Stronger Than Whiskey and you mentioned blood sugar and insulin and I was confused, but I figured that Axel was a type 1 diabetic. I just didn't know how he got that way. But now I know. Poor guy. :(
DillyShilly chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
I probably should have read into your stories before I asked if Ax was diabetic; your fics really hit home with me, especially considering I went through this less than a year ago. I handled it better than Axel, thankfully, but I want to say I'm glad you've gotten all of the facts right about diabetes )

Great work, I'll definitely keep you on my alerts.
Ciel the Hedgehog chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Okay, I usually don't read Kingdom Hearts fanfics, but a friend of mine gave me a link to your stories...WOAH! I'm gonna' spend a lot of time reading your stuff!

Anyway, I heard you mention this on one of your other fics, so I checked it out...Axel with diabetes is something I'd never even think of, but it does make sense. Plus, the bit with Demyx trying to compose like Beethoven was cool too; I should go read 'The Day Music Died' now!

Keep up the good work, and expect more reviews from me in the future!

~Ciel