Reviews for Of Misery and Mystery
history chapter 9 . 1/4
I like this story! I love how poor Harry try to protect John. It is strange how what Harrry didn't say to John make me thing of the canon and what Dumbledor didn't say to Harry.
DemeRain chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
This is so mind blowingly awesome. Thank you for sharing.
purrfus chapter 9 . 6/23/2011
This is marked complete, but it really doesn't feel that way. John has an explanation but there is no closure. Oh well, I saw a note about a sequel so I'll go check that out.

I despise JKR's Dumbledore, and I'm not fond of the Ancients. I am surprised by the fact that your mixing them together has actually made some stuff make sense and significantly reduced the amount of loathing I general experience when considering DD's existence. Pretty amazing work.
yumi2482 chapter 9 . 3/4/2011
Wow, that was well written. Poor Harry and John though.
Sammiieeoo chapter 9 . 12/15/2010
Aw! This is such a good story!
Vampyre Moon chapter 9 . 11/5/2010
this is amazing and i was very lucky to find it. harry/john is a favorite of mine and also a rather hard-to-find combo
Darkfire The Phoenix chapter 9 . 10/29/2010
I have enjoyed this story immensely. Thank you for writing it, I look forward to the sequel.

The ending was well done, albeit I was left with questions. A small, happy smile graced my lips as I finished the last paragraph.

I do so enjoy endings that entice further exploration, as well as leaving you feeling as though everything is as it should be and will work out as such in due time.

A few critiques of the entire story:

I felt like the relationship between Sheppard and Potter was too rushed. Sheppard at times felt more like a young puppy following Potter than a trained and experianced soldier and man; I would have expected him to have some form of comment, at least to himself, about wether he was genuinely feeling anything for Harry, or if it was a spell (Although, I'm saying this with a grain of salt in mind, because I have only recently started watching SGA - I don't know how his character develops later).

Again, what a wonderful story! I would like to go through and re-read it chapter by chapter, that I may offer my oppinion on each, however knowing my life as I do I understand that I will likely not get around to it for months, if ever. The thought only counts if the other person knows about it, right?

Please be safe and happy throughout the course of your life, and may your inspiration be flowing and everlasting, in all aspects of your life! Thank you once more for giving me several hours of such delight!
Harriverse chapter 9 . 8/21/2010
The tone of your fic is incredible. It's a little disjointed for most of it, but it comes across as snapshots of realness that kept my interest. There is just a feeling that this could be real even as there was a bit of unreality to what was happening. It's also a bit too real, as in no one gets any happiness. A thoroughly modern epic/tragedy.
TempestReign chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
really awesome story!
cobraqueen17 chapter 9 . 6/21/2010
I like this story very much. Despite the holes in places, which you are slowly filling in. Must read more
SinSlash chapter 5 . 5/21/2010
*breaths humongous sigh of relief*

THANK YOU! Aaah, you have no idea how... how RELIEVED I am that things are finally moving forward! XD

Woo!
SinSlash chapter 4 . 5/21/2010
*bashes head against a wall repeatedly*

You have no idea how much this story makes me rage, but I just cannot stop reading it! This isn't an insult to you, and I don't know if that were your intentions but... GOOD JOB. I have never been so frustrated at the characters in a story so much in my entire LIFE.

OH MY GOD Harry keeps shipping John off to all these different places and for freaking WHAT? John was perfectly fine in Atlantis, but Harry removed him. WHY? Harry doesn't want John with him. WHY? So many questions, NOT enough answers.

Also, why is Harry going out of his way to keep John in the dark? Why is John standing for it? Why doesn't John freaking run away? I know I would, no matter HOW freggin curious I was. If everyone was just going to give me half-truths and ship me around like used luggage, I just wouldn't stand for it!

RAAAAAWR!

Haha, I feel a little better now after venting! I SOOOOO hope things take a turn for the better soon. I really really do.
SinSlash chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
...What the hell? What is UP with Harry? One minute he's kicking ass and taking names, and then the next he's letting himself get beat? UUUUHG.

And John, he's... taking it all rather well. I mean, you'd THINK he'd be more upset/mad/defensive, but nope. He's just... taking it all in stride and waiting patiently for answers.

*siiiiigh*

I guess this is good writing, because I'm definitely feeling emotions. Again, I'm not angry at YOU, just at the characters. :P
SinSlash chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
Wow, your Harry is badass... emphasis on the ASS. I mean, wow, I kinda want to give him a swift kick in the behind, he's such a little brat.

At first I was annoyed with the crew of Atlantis for not trusting Harry and letting John suffer, but I could understand where they were coming from. But then Harry appeared and-uhg. He won't tell John ANYTHING but seems annoyed when the man won't listen, he's being all high and mighty, and... blah. I dislike him as of now.

As for John, I think he's far too... weak. I know he's hurt, but hes being far too trusting and... WEAK. I just have no other word for it. He's not being snarky or sarcastic or ANYTHING. He's just letting himself be controlled.

Aah, I know this seems harsh, but my anger isn't with YOU, its with the characters in the story. Haha, I know that might translate into YOU being upset, but... thats not my intentions.
bananacupcakes chapter 9 . 3/20/2010