Reviews for In the Lap of the Gods
quarterhorseranch chapter 8 . 8/31/2013
I love how you have developed Susan!

*dies from multiple hints to unwritten stories*

BTW, in chapter 7, I had trouble figuring out whose point of view it was from. At first I thought Edmund, then I thought Peter until later when the character mentioned asking about Aslan and then put their foot (or hoof, haha) in their mouth, and then I was like, that has to be Lucy.

And Lucy makes a lot more sense than Peter. XD
DAForever62442 chapter 8 . 7/6/2013
Loved this :) You should continue it, I'd like to see what the riddles meant and what the Horror is.
MCH chapter 8 . 6/19/2013
Great story and it foreshadow much that is to come from Narnia and the Kings and Queens. Thanks for this story.
Allie Danger chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
so awesome :)
why is edmund always getting the dark things?
love that! jajajajaja
beware the Horror? what Horror?!
ÑÑ
jajajaja love it
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 8 . 12/31/2011
Completely magical...

Epsilon Scorpii
Name chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
"You must be very ol - wise," Love that line sooo much. For all that they are kings and queens of Narnia and have grown into those roles so well, they are still children and that is not a bad thing.
loveladybug chapter 8 . 5/23/2011
OH MY GOODNESS! That was amazing! Your writing is beautiful and the story was breathtaking. The way you incorperated so many things from the later books was ingenious. I could keep going for a while but it's kind of late and my mother doesn't exactly know I'm on the computer :) But I do have one question for you: are you a Christian? I understand totally if you choose not to answer that due to the fact that it is a very intimate question, but you seem to have a great knowledge of God's love, or at least a very deep love. Thank you for sharing your gift with us. God bless and get more rest than I'm going to get!
Lionheart Rising chapter 5 . 3/22/2011
I love the line where Peter says that his friends and comrades realized that their fate (or doom) was to be family men. It cracks me up all the time.
Golden Mean chapter 7 . 2/22/2011
Two days ago I was bored and started to read Narnia fanfiction for lack of anything better to do. Lucky for me, the works I started with were yours. And now, halfway down the list of works, I've finally felt compelled to review.I greatly enjoyed the adventures you wrote for Peter and Edmund, but it is this story-and Susan in particular-that have touched me the most.

As I grew older,I sympathized more with Susan left in the 'real world' while at the end her siblings went to Narnia. But that one quote -"Even if you choose the boxwood path to reach what you desire it will still bring you home"- gave hope to me that Susan will eventually reach Narnia again, even if it be at later date than everyone else.

Of course, Susan is not the only person I have been paying attention too. I quite liked everyone elses' prophecies and the way they tied into Prince Caspian. I could have sworn, however, that the siblings were told that they'd be glad of those apple trees someday by the Head Mole or Badger or whatnot. I don't have my copy of the book with me, and the story works fine either way, but it's just one of those annoying niggling continuity bits that always plague me.

Keep up the good writing!
kalinnnnn chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
When I read this story, I have the feeling that it should evoke so many more feelings in me than it actually does, because its topic and the ideas it contains are so profound and, well... Narnian, that I immediately felt the presence of the original author in your writing. The quick development of the plot and its flexibility (the constant shifting of the point of view and the setting) creates an atmosphere of a fairy-tale or a classical story, not a modern fanfic. I was especially impressed that you included a few poems of your own composition (when the Gamayun were testing the monarchs and when the birds were singing), because few authors dare to do that; it adds more depth and detail to your story, and again makes me feel that I'm actually reading the real books. I love how you wrote the Gamayun-the grim and yet merry prophets, a theme which is present in literature throughout the many centuries of its existence, and a portrait to which you in your unique way added more depth and profundity: there's no joy without a hint of sorrow and no sorrow without the promise of joy. Sentences like the above-short, recurring throughout your story, sometimes with their word order reversed to add more emphasis, are a main strength of your style and create an atmosphere of mysticism. I also loved how you wrote the Pevensies: Susan, struggling with her pragmatic self, Edmund, calm but strong, Peter, always leaping in action, and Lucy, bursting with energy. The OCs-the Dryad maids, the Animals, Jaer, Jaerin and Rien-are brilliantly introduced into the story and intertwined with the general plot, and they feel very much like a part of the Narnia world; that's also something that's rarely present in fanfiction. I also adore the way you wrote the interaction of the Gamayun with the other characters: they're distant and shrowded in mystery for every Narnian, and despite them being friendly and open one still can't shake the feeling that they're mythical creatures, simply out of this world. Their prophecies are vague, unclear and yet contain so much meaning, which is exactly what a real prophet would sound like, at least in my opinion. And while the humour in this story is only for good measure, you still manage to make it an inseperable part of the plot.

When I finished the story, again I had that feeling that I'm not grasping the entire meaning of this story, which is why it's so wonderful; I can only imagine what it felt like when you were writing it. And for these and many, many more reasons, it is going to my favourites.
Odette03 chapter 4 . 3/20/2010
elecktrum, as always, beautiful! I read this often, especially when I'm having writer's block. It never fails to make me cry. Absolutely beautiful, and absolutely Narnia. Love it. Just out of curiosity, are you planning on writing out some more of the realizations of the prophesies? I mean, some ARE obvious, and you did a beautiful job of writing "Passing Down the Crown," but are there any more in store? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear them! Your stories are impeccable and beautiful!

Further up and further in,

Odette
Belle of Books chapter 8 . 2/11/2010
Very interesting. I could tell when a couple of these things might have come true. Some of them still puzzled me. I really enjoyed this. It wasn't purely interesting or fun to read, but instead it made me think and wonder. I liked that feeling. Thank you. I'm surprised I have never read this story. I enjoyed it.

Just one question: Why are Edmund and Lucy the first king and queen instead of Peter and Susan?
livingandthriving chapter 8 . 1/14/2010
Yet another great story. :) Loved all the foreshadowing; very well done.

I really liked everyone's reactions to the various prophecies. Orieus' was hilarious! And it would seem he has a fan club...

The ending really cracked me up too:

"And Sysyks?"

"Yes, Majesty?"

"You are to have no mercy," I said with a wry grin.

He hissed a laugh. "I shall have none, Sire."

I loved the Gamayun's insights on joy and sorrow - right on the money. :)
HarmonyLover chapter 8 . 12/8/2009
I read this story once before, and I have to say that, probably like the Pevensies, I find it delightufl and chilling all at once. I love how you work in the beginnings of Susan's eventual loss of Narnia in her heart, and of course foretell the war with the Giants. And you can see how Edmund would need chess, and of course why Peter must plant apple trees. Other things are not so clear, although I am sure you will make them so. :) Well written!
Yyunesprith chapter 8 . 11/14/2009
Oh-if you ever want to contact me, my sister Icala has an account here. :)