Reviews for Commencement
Kwebs chapter 10 . 6/27/2008
Interesting take on the MMP, I'm looking forward to whaere you take us next. Keep iy up LXK!
Mattk chapter 10 . 6/27/2008
*Jaw drops*

That was...amazing. The Mystical Monkey Power making its master master of ALL monkeys, even us...it's brilliant. So obvious in retrospect, but I never saw it coming. The sign of true inspiration.

That said, part of the reason I didn't see it coming was because in canon, the MMP has never been a force for evil. Tying it into Monkey Fist and Drakken's madness (thus making the blue energy that was transferred to Ron by the attitudinator the MMP - very tidy) helps to shore up your theory, but you'll still need to provide more evidence.
MrNielsen chapter 10 . 6/27/2008
It was as you said: a heck of a chapter.

Your theory about the MMP is very reasonable, so there's no critique to that. Very few and minor typing errors, but they all drown in your magnificent storytelling. Can't wait for more.
LoveMeKp chapter 10 . 6/26/2008
OMG! i loved this! :D lol...finally got to the climax!-OH YEAH! :D
CajunBear73 chapter 10 . 6/26/2008
I'd say you've got a successful experiment on your hands guy!

So when the MMP is used to its fullest the vessel in possession of it goes full out evil? Man that ain't good!

Interesting discussion with all assembled on their way to 'Farfegnugen', just kidding: Kerguelen, wherever the heck that is, to hide from Zorpox.

The enlightenment about the powers was a bit of a mind bender and it was fun to see how the scientific minded tried to fit magic to where they could see it happening. A bit of disbelief on the parts of those regarding magic and Kim regarding Ron. Stop underestimating the young man. It ain't all the power.

Now to turn the tide, somehow.

CB73
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 10 . 6/26/2008
lxk,

With Ron ruling the world now, this new place...Kerguelen...should have a pretty decent 'back-story' to it.

The dialogue seemed right in character with each of the players in this scene. You did a good job with that.

The theories here, so far, seem viable. Regardless in belief in evolution, creation, or its hybrid ('intelligent design'), we (as primates) are in the same scientific classification as monkeys. It would stand to reason anything capable of controlling monkeys could have some effect on humans. That is why scientists test so many items on monkeys first before using human test subjects.

Just curious...what about Team Go? Did the comet's power come from the same source as MMP, perhaps? Just something to explore...

Isamu chapter 9 . 6/25/2008
While more set up and transition then anything else, still a solid chapter. I'm interested in seeing what the ninja's can do to help. I mean, besides from the normal ninja deus ex. And also, Zorpox, what a great villian!
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 9 . 6/24/2008
lxk,

It looks like our friend, Zorpox, has begun possessing people. I wonder if a part of his mind will begin bashing these zombies of his...

Tomo's story has also progressed well...although I am not sure as to any other reasons about being discovered that would make him blush.

Still another piece of the puzzle is forming with Monkey Fist and Fukushima. One would consider a reunion with DNAmy to reconstruct the monkey hands and feet...That is, if she is not one of those (like Shego and Dementor) not already under the spell of 'The Great Blue'.

Once again, I await your next installment. BTW...That baby has got to come out pretty darn soon, don't you think?

VampireNaomi chapter 9 . 6/23/2008
Ooh, you've warmed the heart of one Monkey Fist fan here. I didn't think he would be making an appearance anymore because of his condition and because he had his moment in one of the prequels. But you don't see this fangirl complain, no matter what you decide to do to him later.

Anyway, even without including him this would be one of the most exciting KP stories I'm reading at the moment. I like it how you're weaving the MMP backstory into the main plot and how things are steadily getting bigger and bigger with more characters getting involved.

Kim' reluctance to leave Ron alone, even when he has become Zorpox, was very effective here. No surprise that Yori had to use drastic measures to get her to safety.

In any case, every new chapter you add makes me happier that I decided to give this story a chance. This one has everything that I'm looking for in a good KP fic, action, humour, bits of romance, some very entertaining and in-character interaction between characters and darker themes that are handled maturely but without staining the spirit of the series.
Kwebs chapter 9 . 6/23/2008
So Kim has been drugged, Yomanouchi seems to be gathering people. Look forward to your next update. Keep it up lxk!
Magic713 chapter 9 . 6/23/2008
Great Chapter. Update soon.
MrNielsen chapter 9 . 6/23/2008
Wow. I think that's the best word express my feelings about this story so far. Great chapter! Update soon, cause I can't wait that long to find out what exactly is going on and what Yamanouchi is going to do about. This is even better than the original graduation episode.
CajunBear73 chapter 9 . 6/22/2008
Man I half expect cats and dogs to start dating the way this one is going...

Some very surprising allies and non-allies turning up here. The parallel 'possession' going on surely has me intrigued here. Villains and good guys at cross purposes in this. The possessed coming from all walks of life and the non-possessed coming from so many different directions.

So now all converge on the conclave of the MMP.

CB73
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 8 . 6/10/2008
lxk,

I apologize for not reviewing earlier. Real life kept me offline for over a week.

Interesting way to end the chapter...the Great Blue actually being Zorpox! This is quite an original take on the whole sitch. I guess I will have to wait until the next chapter to find out if he leads the Lorwardians or clubs them like baby seals.

I just hope Ron comes to his senses in time.

Master Doom Maker chapter 8 . 6/2/2008
hey hows it going its me again master doom maker im cofused with the two diffrent storys ron and kim and these other people will there be peace between earth and lorwardia like they join a band of lorwardia rebels trying to take down there evil empire please respond think about it Master Doom Maker p.s. if you want to ask about how i came up with this name resond back please you have my e-mail
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »