Reviews for The Twilight Generation
AlfheimWanderer chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I will say that for something born out of speculation from images and trailer videos, you did a rather good job at putting together an example of what The World: R2 and its characters might be like. Certainly, its not completely according to canon, but nevertheless, well done for what you have. Its an interesting thought experiment for me to consider, even as I begin a new project of my own.
Alex Warlorn chapter 3 . 12/8/2007
Not a spoiler in sight, and yet everything taken artistically into focus. I've just read this from end to end and I have to say that while it was relatively short, it true purpose as a character piece was played through flawless. The atmosphere of the game. The attitude of the characters. All wonderfully done.

Even if there were a few cannon glitches, it all help up wonderfully.

And the avatar preludes were done artistically.

I know Pi and Ender are the same person, and thus Pi isn't as nice a person as she makes herself out to be, but I do think her negative traits were slightly exaggereated here.

At any rate, while not seeing some characters here might have been dissapointing, at the same time it gave you the chance to focus on the characters you DID chose to include.

Good job.

This is art.

Now try putting that talent to original fiction.
Iris Sweetheart chapter 3 . 10/31/2007
This is just a great .hack/ story. Even though I barely watched .hack/Roots when it was on TV, I still found this enjoyable and easy to follow with your beautiful descriptions of The World and dungeons. Though it's probably because I just adore your writing style. Still, keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
C.S. Bernard chapter 3 . 10/27/2007
I must admit, I have never really dabbled - at all - in the hack/SIGN franchise. But, Tylec, you've done a bang-up job, here and have certainly piqued my interest. I'll certainly become more involved, even if it's as a "mild spectator." Simply put, you have my attention.

On the whole, the story is a fantastic - referring to its "fantasy"/sci-fi mythos - tale that assuredly gets even a passive reader involved. Aside from your usual writing skills of phenomenal accomplishment, the story faithfully condenses the nature of the source material into a three chapter "prologue" that gets us eagerly awaiting the master-work itself.

I especially loved the vast amount of allusion to religious iconography, popular culture, and human nature. It all blends with natural ease. Meanwhile, given the irreverant humor that blasts us from time to time, the tale demands us to put our modern, electronic world on trial and find ourselves culpable in the process.

This is one reader who will be patiently awaiting the "main act."
anime shadow alpha chapter 3 . 10/26/2007
Interesting, good story and the comedy parts are hilarious, I hope to see the next chapter soon,keep up the good work.
MiraMisaki chapter 3 . 10/24/2007
Very well written. I like the descriptions, and the way you use similies and metaphors.

My only complaint after reading the entire story is that Haseo's RL name isn't what you have. His real name is Ryou Misaki. That was the only thing that bothered me.