Reviews for The Matrix: Reconstructed
AgentViper007 chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
I am enjoying this story, lovely work and great interpretation of the characters.

A fantastic imagining of what happened after Revolutions, good work!
GR4YS chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Nice First Chapter!
The Grandiloquent Demagogue chapter 10 . 5/16/2012
First off, I have to say it is an immense pleasure that you have updated your story. It's been so long since I first read it, I've had to reread it to remember what it was about. Regardless, I am very happy that you've chosen to do so, I love it when stories that seem long-dead or dormant come back to life. Your story has a mythological quality to it, with excellent dialogue and characterization and ideas I'd really like to see unfold, not fade away. And as someone with two long-dormant Matrix stories myself, it gives me hope of possibly continuing my own one day.

Next, I'm very intrigued by the post-Revolutions world you're building. The fate of the Oracle and Seraph are regretable, but totally justifiable. Excellent characterization for both, I like your description of the Oracle as some sort of super-forecasting program who predicts based on simulation, probability, and analysis of human behavior. Also I'm glad you brought the Twins and the other Exiles back. I'd like to see where it's going, and I really like how you are giving a lot of attention to Roland, one of those background characters who deserves his time in fanfiction. I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came"? In any case, I really like the appearance of Agartha and hints of the pre-Zion human civilization. Few Matrix stories tread on the soil of the history that the Architect alluded to, which is a shame.

The only thing I'd caution you about is not getting too caught up in your mythology. The Matrix sequels, not unlike the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels or the Star Wars prequels, suffered when they started introducing too-mystical, half-explained, similarly arbitrary elements that did not integrate well with preestablished story elements and themes. Similarly, I can dig Agartha, and Nue, and so on- but dragons? And the issue about Miri is that while she's definitely a fish out of water new to the Real World, she could use some more characterization. Otherwise she is less Neo and more of an ingenue with mystical foresight and powers. Not a Mary Sue, per se, but still more of an act of plot rather than a real person. (I'm also not exactly sure what happened to the Truce in the previous chapter)

Regardless, this is a really great story, and please continue it! I want to see where you're taking us!
Q42 chapter 9 . 9/1/2008
Very well-done. You've kept Morpheus, Niobe, and the rest of the cast in-character, as well as adding some interesting new wrinkles. I look forward to seeing how this story will end - Please update soon!
Lovelace chapter 9 . 3/2/2008
Once again, I am amazed by the wonderfully atmospheric way in which you use the words. I am very curious as to what all this mean...
Solia chapter 4 . 2/27/2008
Hey,

I'm not sure how much more of this I'll get to read tonight so I thought I'd better review now before I forget... So far I really like this, and it's been a while since I've been able to find a good Matrix fanfiction to follow. I like the way you pace your story and that you obviously know how to operate spell-check. It makes for an easy read.

I'll be back to read some more :)

~Solia
Firebird41 chapter 8 . 2/5/2008
Leaving with a cliff hanger, damn it. I don't feel like leaving a long review, so...good job (it means a lot more than you might think).
The Grandiloquent Demagogue chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
Utter brilliance. A fantastic take on the post-Revolutions world that is far superior than most attempts, perhaps the canonical M. Online game itself. Excellent new characters and concepts; my sole fear is that in reading your work that I may become too influenced when I try to write my own interpretations! The Wachowskis did unfortunately leave so many core elements, from the six prior Matrices to the fabled 'Eyes of the Oracle,' unexplained.
LooneybIn chapter 5 . 11/12/2007
Wow this is a great story ! Seriously I have been reading all these stories here but I got bored with them and haven't been back here in a while. But this story got me excited about them again, and you can bet I'll be checking back for more chapters.
Lovelace chapter 5 . 11/12/2007
Oh, Lock's discovery is spine-tingling. I am wondering if the humans will finally catch on to the previous, destroyed versions of Zion?
Lovelace chapter 4 . 11/12/2007
Wow, you have a wonderful way of building tension with words. We haven't seen very much of Nue yet, but she is a terrifying concept indeed. I would be very interested to learn where you are taking this.
Lovelace chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
An intriguing start, and I am very interested in seeing where you take this. I loved your way with words, the way you brought out the personalities of the three captains in the conversation with the Oracle. I am also astonished that there aren't any other reviews for this story yet!