Reviews for Soft As A Dementor's Kiss
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 3/1
oh, beautiful.
A very nice touch, dementors dying after they suck out a soul.
All your imagery was wonderful. This was a very clever idea; I'm glad I came cross it.
H Bregalad chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Very well done!
ByeByeBriar chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
That was excellent. You really captured the essence of a dementor.
Hydra-Star chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
It takes a lot of talent to have people sympathizing with a dementor. This is an incredibly well written story and I applaud you. Brilliant.
SarahNataliaLee chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This is a very sad and powerful story. Right up my alley, actually, ha ha ha. Your writing is far superior to most writing I find on and I think you may like to try your hand at professional writing, i.e stories for literary magazines or even longer stories that can be published in novel/novella form. Maybe you have done this already.

Anyway, fantastic take on these mysterious creatures. I fell into kind of a horrified love with them when I was much younger and was always a bit upset JK did not take the time to explain what you did. I know she had a million and two magical creatures, concepts and events to juggle, but these were the one of the most original aspects of her work and you fleshed them out. Keep it up!
Nelina chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I can just repeat what everyone has already said: Wow. This is so amazing I can't find words. I mean, you made us symphatize with Dementors, of all things. They are embodiments of depression, and here... Wow. (Again. Sorry for not being able to think up another word.)

The emotions' different flavours were beautifully written, too; every taste seems to just fit perfectly. I especially liked the Quidditch scene and the events at Hogwarts, all the students feelings were so intense.

"Who knew that humans could feel so many things about a game? Sweet caramel anticipation, crackling fresh popcorn excitement, intoxicating fire whiskey triumph as their team gained a point, wholesome sizzling pride in a particularly good player. They seemed to almost feed on each other, their emotions multiplying as the people around them cheered, surging to their feet together as one giant body."

That. It's my favorite part in the Quidditch scene.
okok123 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Wow...that was amazing.
FoalyWinsForever chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
You, my friend, are a genius. How does this have only eleven reviews? This is brilliant! Sad, of course, in a way, but still!
Her Fantasy chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
We know so woefully little about Dementors, so it was great to see someone decide to pick up a pen (figuratively, since you probably used a computer from the start) and write from their point of view. I have never given one thought to how a Dementor feels, and I am glad you helped me realize that we should really give them the benefit of the doubt. This is so depressing. . . . I felt so bad for the Dementors. Everyone hates them, but it's not their fault! They are certainly not evil, as we are all led to believe. Maybe Rowling didn't intend them to be like this, and she really did have in mind that they were evil, but I like to think of them this way. This fic is so sad and well written - I especially liked the nice touch at the end, how Dementors die once they fulfill their greatest desire. It also must've been hard to come up with different flavors and foods for each emotion, but I think you did that well. The ones you chose fit beautifully. Excellent story.
starry-eyed-ocean chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
I like this story. dementors facinate me, as their is so much that JK didn't expalin
Anonymously Outrageous chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
This is nothing short of amazing.

I've always hated Dementors, but now I just feel horrible for them.

I really want to give one a hug!

(Wait, that's a bad idea)
AmazingBouncingFerret445 chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I don't think I've seen ANYONE write anthing from a dementor's point of view. I honestly never really have thought much about them...about what its like to be a dementor. I'll spare you from one of my rambling reviews, and just say that this as really well done and original. Great work!
charmedgrl4ever chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
konban wa

*eyes wide*

Wow.

Oh my gosh, that was brilliant. That was... wow. I am... I have never been this speechless before in my life. Life. Whole. Life. Speechless. Wow.

You actually made me pity the Dementors - of all creatures, Dementors! I mean, I've read fics that make me pity Voldemort himself, but I've never - EVER - found myself pitying a Dementor. In the last fic of you're that I read (with the train station and Fred and other characters), I sort of had this vague feeling of sympathy for the Dementors when you described how they were born. But never... not with this much feeling... did I pity them to such an extent.

The way you described people's memories - each with a different taste. The imagery here was beautiful! Lovely. I felt as if I were tasting them myself.

Aligning the story with the actual books - that was genius. Having this Dementor as one of the ones at Hogwarts... and then THE one who sucked out Barty Jr.'s soul... That was creative. :)

So well written. So beautifully well written. I think I'll go have a good cry now. Poor, poor Dementors. Why can someone find a way to feed them? Poor guys.

Ha det

-Shan-
Macabre-Melody chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
wow...that hooked me
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Very, very good. I'm glad that souls don't remain imprisoned or destroyed by Dementors.

Just a quick note-the unconscious Snape was also there during the PoA bit. Did the Dementor miss him because he was unconscious, or because he had no joy?

Again, very good.