Reviews for Being Free
Link Holtz chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
OMG... The end was so sad I started to cry. I can picture poor Lyndis, a ache in her heart for the plains. I love that you wrote a Hector and Lyn pairing. : ) Keep writing.
Ink chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Honestly, if she really loved them, then she would be happy where she is. You can't possibly truly love someone if you love a PLACE of all things, more.
Hetzel chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Saucy Harlot! Leaving her husband to go to another land. Yes, that's just an excuse for her to run off with another man!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Why won't she return to Caelin? Ah, I see, the complications.

You could really feel her distaste for the city and her yearning for the plains, as if something inside her is wilting from being kept in darkness too long.

What silly games? Hector loves her, I'm sure he doesn't see her problems as silly.

Ach, that ending is so sad. And as much as I want Hector to fight for her, it is very poignant how honest he is with his feelings but loves her enough to give her the freedom she needs. It's so sad too to see Lyn this dispirited, but it's understandable because you show the hold Sacae has on her heart.

More than anything, what made it so tragic is that you were able to show how much they still love each other, even as they must let each other go. And doing it with very words, definitely commendable.
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Yay! Another very well-written piece. And another one about Lyn. XD Do you like her or something? She IS an interesting character...

Anyways, I think that I like this one better than the other. The overall flow and emotional value of this one was just better... I loved the way you wrote your sentences in the beginning. It was so natural and almost rhythmic; the long structures created a flowing calmness. Very nice. And I think that the quiet musings of Lyn were in character... I can't imagine leaving my daughter and husband (if I had some, that is x_X) but I suppose I can understand Lyn's state of listless unhappiness.

I especially liked the way you described Sacae throughout the piece. The visions of open skies compared to the noisy, unfriendly streets of Ostia made me feel a little bit more sympathetic toward Lyn.

I also liked the kiss at the end. XD I love Lyn/Hector. It's sad to see him in such a state, though...

Anyways, once again great job. Keep it up!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 10/24/2007