Reviews for A Cup of Joe
Fflur Cadwgawn chapter 8 . 7/16/2013
As an archaeologist/anthropologist myself, I ENTIRELY understand the need for caffeine-it keeps us going during our noon to 3 am sessions trying to research that one vague fact that you need as a basis for your latest paper, otherwise there is no paper. Of course, it's also entirely plausible that the active ingredient in caffeine is present elsewhere in the universe. It just so happens-and luckily for the SGC!- it's present in coffee as well.

Very entertaining, well-told, well executed story. Bravo! (which, linguistically speaking, derives from the Welsh word "braf", pronounced the exact same way as the first syllable in "bravo".)
Sivren chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
Wow, this whole idea is weird and crazy and really fun to read! Well done on the execution of it.

I liked the throwaway mention of Daniel seeing the formula for coffee and recognizing it only because it is something he was addicted to, and it later becoming an important plot point.
I liked how you resolved all loose ends, and were able to turn a really bad situation into not only the SG teams escaping, but even to give a happy ending for the people of the hills. I thought their only function was to be a threat, but that we would never see them up close.
I liked the dynamics in each team and with the teams together. I liked how the characters stayed in character.
I don't really remember anything I disliked.

This story makes me think you're addicted to coffee yourself and had run out of it when you needed it to think clearly. I guess people can draw inspiration from even very mundane things.
bec chapter 8 . 12/19/2012
Loved it. Interesting concept.
fantasdancer chapter 8 . 9/25/2010
I've been going through the archives and reading old stories while I'm sick and had to write to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Excellent work and oh so well told.
hajimebassaidai chapter 8 . 2/2/2010
Lots of fun! Loved the explanation the only chemical formula that Daniel would actually recognise. The fight scene between Malberg and Carter was great. Tired of seeing any fight involving two women in fan fic being essentially a catfight. Any female trained in martial arts will use them, especially when they are military women. I loved Jack pushing SG14 straight back through the gate to do coffee duty. Serves them right!
Nighshae chapter 8 . 4/15/2008
Oh, now that was a hoot and a half... Saved by Daniel's coffee addiction. :D Would love to see an epilog, though, the team talking about what really went on, since everyone has some holes in their memories of what happened...
CindyLou13 chapter 8 . 12/8/2007
Very inventive story that really shows the team working together. I usually just read the D/V stories, but this one was really interesting and kept my interest.

Thanks for writing!

CindyLou
TheGummiBear chapter 8 . 11/16/2007
lol. really well written. i love it. so funny, haha!
Chris chapter 8 . 11/7/2007
Loved the story, but I felt that it would have been a little more complete at the end if someone realized that by putting him in a noncombat situation it would slow his career or something. This could be seen as a sort of punishment for being a sexist commander, even if you had him not realize it but someone else. Carter, Daniel, and Malberg deserve some modicum of closer for what he and his team put them through.
PatriciaS chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
Lovely story, a nice mix of action and laughs. Thanks for sharing.
archiev chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
Thanks for a good story.
teh blumchenkinder chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
“You put up with this all the time, colonel?”

All the time? Always. - I think that's a quote from Pirates... not sure tho.

XD

This is so *beautifully* *ridiculous*. You must have run out of coffee at some point in an office or something... to have come up with this. I can't drink the stuff, I'm specifically allergic to whatever the hell's in coffee, but tea and soda I can handle. I'm also hypersensitive to caffeine... :D

But girl, this story just got faved.
Cleo the Muse chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
*shudders* Just don't tell Starbucks, or they'll have a store open on every corner in the rest if the galaxy, too!

:) Cleo (who can't stand the smell or taste of coffee, but finds the addiction to it hilarious)
jaj chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
really enjoyed your story. Thanks!
Halfpastdead001 chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
a wonderfull fic i loved reading every word