Reviews for The InBetween Times
sherryola chapter 33 . 4/13
There were a lot of things I liked about this story,a nd honestly, quite a few things I didn't like. I liked the time Reid was in the facility working with Arthur, don and Max. I loved seeing how he grew, something the character has done and very well too. I wondered all the way through how you felt when you learned reid's real background, that Diana was the loving parent and the dad was the asshole. What I didn't like was the idea that Reid and Morgan both, needed gentle loving women to make them whole human beings. In fact, I felt like Jo came along too soon in Reid's recovery. But the idea that anybody doesn't have a full life if they are single is a plague that has haunted single people for years and is incredibly unkind. And why should Morgan need a quiet gentle teacher? I'm not a huge fan of his, but he ended up with a doctor which I think was a far better match for him, someone strong and tough and not willing to put up with his crap. And I didn't like Gideon int he series, so I kinda loved how you tore him apart. but Hotch is my favorite character, and I hated what you did to him and even forcing him out of the BAU. Haley sure wasn't worth him leaving the unit he loved and the job he was so fit to do. I only say all that because I think that the best stories should leave us unsettled sometimes, and unhappy with some of the details. So, the needing a woman to make them whole, Diana Reid and what you did to Hotch were my main issues. But overall, it's absolutely fantastic. very well done. And BTW, I am single and I am actually very happy with that fact. grin. I don't want to be married again, and I've been divorced 30 years so it's not a broken heart decision. just very contented with my life.
Guest chapter 13 . 5/20/2015
Didn't read all of it so don't know what's going on this fall maybe due to steady diet of depravitey or violence the writers seem to take great joy into what was a though creepy show also awesome I it's near reality into milk toast. I've all but lost interest it also hasn't helped that the sucker survivor show bumped it out of its time slot more than once what a shame.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/5/2014
It's life INsurance, not ASsurance. And it's storAGE, not just store.
Love Of Blood chapter 9 . 6/14/2014
I am having a hard time getting through this chapter, but I promise no matter how long this story takes, I will finish this story sooner or later.
Love Of Blood chapter 7 . 6/13/2014
how does this chapter have anything to do with Reid?
Brinohms chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
Life INsurance, nor life assurance.
Griffindorks chapter 33 . 1/27/2014
Absolutely amazing story. A completely new outlook to canon
Frakking Toasters chapter 33 . 7/18/2013
I can't even begin to tell you how much I have adored this story. First there's the lack of sleep. I mean this thing is a whopper. This is not a stay up all night kind of story. Oh no! This has had me going for days. My eyes are blurry. My tummy's hungry. But I kept at it because I couldn't put it down until my eyes simply refused to stay open. It's just THAT GOOD!

So congratulations on a masterpiece. This has got to be one of the best pieces of writing I've ever had the pleasure of reading. That it centres around Spencer Reid is icing! Very, very yummy icing.

Thank you so much for the enormous input of time and effort that went into writing and sharing this. It is hugely appreciated. And btw, do you have a background in psychology? Very convincing!

SO MUCH LOVE!
Mel xoxo
madisme chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Love your stories! I read them ages ago but forgot to favorite them so I could reread. I'm glad I was able to find them again!
Poet Wroet chapter 3 . 1/22/2013
Is everything you say about this mental care facility.. true, so to speak? I mean, is that really how it goes? Because I think it's really very interesting. I spent a lot of time in rehab (and hospitals) but that was because of physical things. I did find it interesting to compare rehab facilities, though.
ripon chapter 33 . 1/2/2013
Excellent story, complex and compulsive. The writing is fluent and full of detail, lthough at times there was a little too much repetition of previously exposed storyline whch I found unnecessary. I don't think you like Morgan very much! The characters are not all in canon but that is fine because this is AU to a great extent. You write Reid an Hotch very well, and Gideon is believable if not very likeable! Overall, I was engrossed and your own characters are finely drawn and fascinating, blending well into the episodes you used. For me the favourite part will be Reid in the Clinic and on sick leave as this is all AU but feels just right and is so well depicted. Love Hilary! Looking forward to reading the next story. Thank you!
roonilwazlib chapter 23 . 10/24/2012
this whole story is phenomenal! And i am so thrilled by your imagination, i keep trying to fined new stories with as much creativity as this and of a similar structure!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I find it fascinating that nobody explores the recovery of Reid after the Hankel case. Many stories deals with his secret addiction but I find it hard to believe that he was not check out at the hospital and they did not detect his overdose and the drugs in his bloodstream.
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 3 . 2/2/2012
I had to stop and review here! OFF SUBJECT COMMENT: I just had to start using a sleep machine for sleep apnea. Tonight was my first night hooking up and I was finding it very weird and little cumbersome. I needed something to read that would get my mind off of the apparatus around my head and ears and over my nose while trying to relax and sleep. Having insomnia already as an obstacle just complicated the entire process. Your story is so intricate and beautifully written that it made this first night bearable. BACK ON SUBJECT: I found your supporting characters well rounded and individually unique. The voices of every last person was distinct. The therapists you've introduced thus far especially Arthur, are professional, kind and considerate. The psychiatric facts and nuances are realistic, believable and even healing to me. I suffer from PTSD and it's peculiar to me that the way I was raised has also had a strong impact on how I became abused and how I heal. You are very gifted story teller and a talented writer. I look forward to reading the rest of Spencers journey to recovery. It would have been beneficial to all of us who love the CM show, and characters if the writers had treated us with such respect as you. As you have done they should have let us witness Spencer's journey from such a dark place back to his BAU family. Your story, of what I've read so far, would have been perfect. Thank you:-D
kateydidnt chapter 33 . 10/4/2011
Incredibly well written. I don't agree with everything you have decided to do here, and some of your extrapolations (such as the fate of William Reid) that ended up being incorrect due to later canon are rubbing me a bit wrong (not your fault, mine there) But overall fantastically well done.