Reviews for Custom Robo Battle Revolution: The True Story
Randomman chapter 5 . 1/24/2010
Hmm... how can I review this?

honestly, there isn't much to say to change this story. Given the lack of stories for this game (Which is sad in my opinion. This game is kick-ass.) A humorous parody of the game is a breath of fresh air here. Taking the canon and mangling it to make people laugh is always a good idea.

Please continue this for the amusement of the few people that read it.
Blushing Aniki chapter 5 . 1/4/2010
Haha. Wow. Ray is so stupid. Anyway, cool chapter. Good job explaining the robo battle. Explaining robo battles is something I can never do. Anyway, I hope you keep updating! Even though people dont read Custom Robo stories anymore... :/
Blushing Aniki chapter 4 . 12/27/2009
Haha. That was funny. You got to continue this story dude. I love it how the hero explains to everyone that custom robos used to be children's toys and now they're weapons of mass destruction. And the hero thinks that Linda was a skank. Haha! I was laughing my ass off when I read, "A part of Ray's soul just died." Dude... You just made my day feel a little bit brighter. (Even though it's pretty dark outside but thats not the point!)

Anyway, great job. Hope you continue the story. Also, I thought Harry was black. I never even thought about Harry being tan...
RPMercenary chapter 3 . 10/21/2008
This one is difficult for me to write a review for because I am accustomed to reading/reviewing fics that are trying to be accurate, serious, canon, etc. This fic is completely different than those, so I'll do my best to adjust.

For one whose objective is humor and parody, you do a good job. I can't guess whether the sequence with Linda was to poke fun at the game or if it was personal fantasy, but I'm not going to touch that one with a ten-foot pole. I think you were right to point out that "getting dressed" doesn't really take much in that game, the landlady was "sweeping grass", and that Harry was tan in a world bereft of natural UV Rays and tanning beds. Good eye on all those. I laughed out loud at the line "A part of Ray's soul just died". I've never head that one before, and I may start using it from now on in my casual conversation.

I think the declaration "we live in the future" may have been a little out of place, and mentioning the sun and the outer world and all that stuff may have been taking too much of the serious explanations from the game and trying to incorporate it. It just doesn't seem to fit.

But all things considered, you do a good job of doing what you set out to do. I'm not going to make any declarations about whether or not this story has died since it has not yet been a full year between updates. I look forward to seeing more!
Probatio Pennae chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
This is a great parody! Please don't stop writing chapters.

I especially got a kick out of the main character "rescuing" Harry from that "skank". -Very resourceful.
devandonet223 chapter 3 . 3/21/2008
Awesome you updated! Good job, liked the chapter.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 3 . 3/18/2008
Indeed. Anime, manga, and video games (the vast majority of which being Japanese) tend to have girls that look just like skanks.

Anyways, when you say "Fire Emblem through my eyes," are you speaking of a tactician fanfic? There are quite a few mediocre ones, the only one of any notable skill is the one written by Green Paladin, known as "Until the Dawn" and it has a sequel "Until the Dusk." That is a work of art, and all other tactician point of view fanfics are really mediocre and, dare I say, spitwads by comparison.

But Fire Emblem fics are always a good idea. You'll get plenty of hits and you'll likely get reviews from people of skill.

And, by the way, were you known as SageErk?
devandonet223 chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
Hey hey! Please continue. I like parodies, especially from games like Custom Robo! (Since there isn't much fanfiction about Custom Robo...what a shame.) Anway it's good and quite amusing.
ENGetY chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
Progressive, very progressive. Good job. Though, I find this very humorous. I mean who knew an Adventure/Parody was this funny. Keep it up!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 2 . 12/3/2007
Meh, not as good as the last chapter, but I look forward to your next update nonetheless.
ENGetY chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Are they actually supposed to be out of character? Anyway it's pretty good right now. Also, a heads up, it's hard to read with a huge condensed bunch of words together. So I suggest you split them a little smaller. Once again, keep it up!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 10/26/2007