Reviews for A Moment
LilyAceThompson17 chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
This is certainly sweet. I loved how Kent was nervous all the time.

I enjoyed and loved this very much.
L.C. Li chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I. almost. cannot. say. how. much. i. love. this. story.

IT. IS. AMAZING.

AS;DLFKJASD;LFKJASD;FLKJASDF SO INTENSE
SierralaineWalsh chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Oh! A good ending! :P

Finally.. Hoho. It's one of my fave Fire Emblem pairings along with Seth and Eirika. Fic is brilliant, well-written. Good job! :)

Me likey! :D
Kairikiani chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
I didn't realize that you had written so many Kent/Lyn stories. I had actually read some of your work before without realizing it. I'll save you time and tell you that I liked all of them. And yes, I am a Kent/Lyn fan.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
Whoops. I read this before, but forgot to review. Anyway, once again, I don't have much to say other than the fact that I enjoyed it. It's always fun to read about Kent's inner turmoil (AHAHA! He's squirming!). XD Just kidding, but no, very nicely written. That's it for now...
IceBlade28 chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
*sniff* That is so sweet! Kent and Lyn. The fact that used kept the dialogue at a bare miminum helped amplify Kent's anxiety, and it worked extremely well for this fic. My compliments on a wonderful fic!
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Egad! You were serious about the dedication thing! O_O

Well, I must say...I haven't read much of your writing as of yet, but of what I HAVE read, this is definitely the best. (And I say this from my editorial standpoint, too...you know, the half of me that was born to be an evil critic and not at all biased at the fact that it's kentxlyn? xD So be proud!) The tone was poetic but you used it in a choppy manner, which actually fit Kent quite well-as if love made him feel beautiful things, but he wasn't quite sure how to put them into words. Normally one would say it's a tad OOC to find Kent giving in to his desire, but honestly...he's a guy, he has to make a move SOMETIME, right? So! If I keep typing I'll start to ramble, so I'll wrap this up...I'm beyond honored to have this fic dedicated to me, and it was great :-). Keep writing, please!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
I wonder why his hand was on her shoulder to begin with. *waggles eyebrows*.

The flow of thoughts and emotions in his mind is not very smooth, more like punctuated bursts that may be mirroring the erratic beat of his heart. I wouldn't call it beautiful, but he's not a poet so it makes sense. More than that he's really unsettled and nervous and not at all his usual calm, composed self.

I think you were able to capture his feelings rather well in the way you describe the clenching of his fist and the beating of his heart, the way she reminds him of warm sun and summer skies, and the frantic but hopeful tone of his thoughts. I especially liked: [He was a Knight of Caelin, and before that, he was a man. He would not back down.] Inside I was totally cheering for him when I read that line.

Details details details... are all pretty well done. I will caution the use of lists to describe something though. Saying she's [beautiful and amazing, kind, generous], is all well and good, and I guess it fits with the rapid flow of his thoughts, but lists aren't usually something I'd recommend. At least not lists of single words. Saying how she reminded him of [A beautiful day, the summer skies, the warmth of the sun on the grass…] worked better for me because you weren't just naming things, but describing her more fully. Overall these details, like the brush of her bangs and the hand on her cheek, really paint the scene for the reader.

So yeah: It was short, to the point, and pretty good. The reader is literally thrust 'in the moment' and given a plethora of description and inner thoughts to see and feel what Kent is going through. It was also really nice to see Kent so flustered and finally get up the nerve to kiss her, and of course, having her pull him down for another.

I liked it.
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Hi again! :D

"Oh, the things that can happen in a moment."

You followed through very well with this good idea. I think that even in the last few stories, I'm starting to like your style more and more. XD You take just one scene and do it beautifully. The pacing is very even, the transitions are smooth, and it's just so easy to read. I don't have to stumble over grammar mistakes or awkward sentences... Good job.

I don't have much to say about the characterization this time, but I think Kent is more himself here. I can really imagine him saying these kinds of things. So yay!

I love reading what you have to say. XD Always so thoughtful. I look forward to reading your other stuff!
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Another KentLyn fic!

Very interesting and introspective look on Kent. Almost inhuman self control, I would say. And of course, it is great that she did return the kiss.

The lack (or rather, very little level) of angst is particularly nice.

Keep up the good work!
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Aww... this was awesome! I loved how you built the anticipation, and the way you described Kent as being so nervous. It's an amazing story.
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
I like this. I like this *a lot*. Kent's anxiety was really well portrayed while also not being too drawn out or two melodramatic. It was just right. The short bits of dialogue and of Kent's thoughts do a good job of adding variety to the narrative. It's also amusing that even though Lyndis keeps advancing Kent can't even imagine that she's thinking the same thing as him- poor chap!

Nicely done!
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Aw, good of him to finally get over his *fear* of Lyn's status.

A good story, I liked it, especiall y the way you captured the essence of Kent's personality.