Reviews for To The Edge of the Universe
ReganX chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
Seven must be very confused by now if the fragments she can remember are so diverse. Poor thing. B’Elanna didn’t exactly welcome her with open arms – it’ll be interesting to see if this plays a part in Janeway’s decision to give her her own department.

Can’t wait to see more of how their relationship evolves. It’s going to take time – as Janeway thought, they’re going to have to stick to baby steps for a while.
ReganX chapter 11 . 3/1/2008
Interesting. Even though she doesn’t remember her time as a human, Seven is still affected by Janeway. It’s certainly going to make things interesting on Voyager, especially as Seven starts to remember more and more of her life prior to her assimilation.

Love that Seven can remember something about her childhood, even if it's only a little bit. Can’t wait to see if she makes the connection between ‘Katie’ and ‘Kathryn Janeway’.
ReganX chapter 10 . 3/1/2008
Poor Janeway. How awful for her to know who Seven of Nine used to be but to not be able to share that knowledge with the crew, or even with Seven herself. If the rest of the crew knew about their previous relationship, then they’d probably think that Janeway was showing favouritism, and Seven probably isn’t ready to find out about it just yet, she can’t be rushed back to humanity.

I liked the interjections showing what Janeway was thinking while she was saying what she had on the show.
ReganX chapter 9 . 3/1/2008
It makes sense that Janeway wouldn’t recognize Annika; even without factoring in the Borg implants, eighteen years is a long time, and even little Annika’s hologram of herself as an adult would only be an approximation, at best.

I wonder how she’s going to react when she realizes that Chakotay could have sent Annika flying into space when he disobeyed her orders – and how Seven will react if she ever remembers her past with Janeway.
ReganX chapter 8 . 3/1/2008
Wow, Annika is certainly very mature for her age, and not just intellectually. Here’s hoping that she gets her happy ending with Kathryn as Seven.
ReganX chapter 7 . 3/1/2008
And so it begins.

It’s heartbreaking watching the story of the mission to learn more about the Borg play out when I know how it is destined to end. It’s ironic; Magnus Hansen’s determination to get away from Starfleet and the rules and regulations curtailing his freedom regarding his research is going to lead him, and his family, into a situation where they’re going to lose their freedom and their individuality altogether.

Kathryn’s going to be devastated when she finds out that Annika is gone. It’s sad to think that, assuming the timeline for this story plays out as the show’s did, that it’s going to be a good eighteen years before they lay eyes on one another again.
ReganX chapter 6 . 3/1/2008
Aw, poor little Annika! It must really have sucked not to have her best friend with her, especially since she’s so bright that interacting with kids her own age wouldn’t have been easy. It’s so cute that she wanted to get over her fear of the dark to go camping with Kathryn – and that she has a Kathryn hologram, one she programmed herself, no less. Interesting note about an older holographic version of herself.

I can see why she’s clinging to Kathryn, her own parents have a real tendency to get caught up in their work. Are you going to send the Hansens on their mission? If so, the Raven is going to be a lonely place for Annika without her friend.
ReganX chapter 5 . 3/1/2008
It’s hard to imagine the future Captain Janeway wanting to work planet-bound – I’m so used to seeing her as the captain of Voyager that I keep forgetting that she was a science officer before – or not making it into the command track program initially. If she does change her major to command, Annika should be happy, her favourite colour is red, after all.

Sweet touch having the girls ‘camping’ in the living room instead of in the holosuite.

Kathryn’s training mission must have been interesting with Sulu as her captain.
ReganX chapter 4 . 3/1/2008
A short chapter, but a nice one. Annika must be exceptionally intelligent if she’s able to help with a Starfleet cadet’s classwork, and I can definitely see how it would make them closer if they can interact as intellectual equals.
ReganX chapter 3 . 3/1/2008
Very cute. Annika and Kathryn are definitely bringing out the other’s inner child. Nice touch having McDonald’s still around so far into the future – I wonder if they use replicators for their meat patties or if they stick to a more traditional approach. Probably the latter if the Hansens’ vegetarianism means that they avoid it.
ReganX chapter 2 . 3/1/2008
Annika is absolutely adorable! I can definitely picture the future Seven of Nine being very intelligent for her age, and a little removed from other children. Nice touch explaining Erin’s protectiveness – I imagine that miscarriages are very rare in the 24th century.

Can’t wait to read more about Annika and Kathryn’s interactions.
ReganX chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
What an intriguing – and enchanting – idea for a story!

The interactions between the two Janeways was really well written, and I love the idea that Admiral Janeway and Erin Hansen were friends.
Rono777 chapter 13 . 2/29/2008
Wonderful update! I love the way you are fitting everything into the original story and Janeway's interpretation of the events.

My only complaint is the shortness of the chapter - sorry, I can't help being greedy and wanting more...
ShadowCub chapter 13 . 2/29/2008
Hoping to see J/7 soon and hopes Katie doesn't , move so slowly.
lanti chapter 13 . 2/29/2008

We got an update and a great one at that.

Harry sure is a lucky man. He is also blessed for not knowing how close he was to take a walk out the ship without space gear.

I love how Seven even without intending to, manage to put Kathryn in shaky ground.

I wonder if Seven will research and ask for the Captain's company when reading the books or watching the movies. What would Kathryn say, I wonder?

Excellent chapter, I really look forward your next instalment.
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »