Reviews for The Denarian Knight
ArcaneMaverick chapter 31 . 2/12/2012
For some reason, this Harry acts younger and less mature than the one from your first story. People don't regress you know.

How do you explain your wizards and witches grabbing spells with their bare hands? Honestly, pulling shit off their face and catching them? Do you think that's cool? It would be only if you explain it, otherwise its an unexplained hole much like JKR left hundreds of in the last few books.

C'mon Shezza, you're supposed to be one of the best fanfiction writers. I hope this and the final one step it up.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 30 . 2/12/2012
I do not find your writing and thoughts in this chapter impressive at all. Some was disjointed, but above all your Harry is even more stupid and annoying than last chapter. This is shaping up to be my least favorite story of all completed ones I've read. I don't even think Meciel would tolerate some of Harry's crap, especially him letting a Denarian go.

By the way, he was not 'cool' at all. He whine more than fucking anybody in the story.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 16 . 2/11/2012
I just got done seeing "The Vow" so my bullshit senses are finely tuned. Let's see how this chapter stands up.

I've always wondered why some letters and entire words are missing in quite a few chapters, especially since you usually have two betas and DLP. It's probably an upload thing.

I've gradually noticed that since Dragon-whatevers review you've started to change up your story and add things explaining exactly what he was talking about.

Wow, first sentence: "(Dumbledore feeling the need to remove the ones that kept Harry restricted to the castle)" What are the 'ones'? Wards? You do not mention them.

From some poor wording of the sentences and redundancies, like repeating a phrase, which I assume was on accident like you changed your mind on how it should be placed, I wonder what your nationality is and if English is your first language.

'Thanks for telling me something I already knew,' Harry muttered.

Pretty sure he wouldn't smart off to Meciel like that. He does I know, but not in that way.

Why of all times would Harry be calm when talking to Sirius especially when he blows up at everyone else when they insult Meciel? A bit OOC for your own version of Harry don't you think?

Towards the end of that argument you had some great lines. Glad he wasn't as a dick to Molly as what he usually would be.

What the fuck is a sook? I looked it up and no one talks like that. No one in the world calls another a sook. It's fucking dumb.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 15 . 2/11/2012
I'm disappointed Harry is so fucking stupid and lazy. 7 years with a dues ex machina and he hasn't improved at all. Dragon whatever from a few reviews ago was right in that Meciel is just a crutch.

And you use "amusement" way too fucking much.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 14 . 2/11/2012
I don't know what I hope to accomplish by writing this since this is an old completed story and you seem to not really do much on fanfiction anymore, but whatever.

I won't waste too much effort then. What I want to point out is how horrible Harry is. You've created a Harry that is so wrapped up in himself he is completely unrelatable and unlikeable in his behavior. In the first story and until the Carpenter refuge scene I accepted it and found him even funny.

This Harry wields hurtful comments and undue sarcasm so much its detrimental to him and uninteresting to readers. I can't bring myself to care about a Harry that doesn't know when to be serious or acknowledge others for their much needed help. Harry is supposed to be growing and maturing but it seems he's regressing.

Hope he improves now.
Evan chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
origionally i was prepared to like the first in the series but then you ruined it for me by going down the typical throw someone in with friends and they change for the better routine. then in this one you open the chapter with harry in custody and about to be executed. to me you took a good story and ruined it because A. you force him to slowly become mellow. B. you seem to give harry power and then just slowly restrict it piece by piece. So i've lost interest in the story and don't plan to read this or the sequals as they now feel like a copy of a million other stories that all follow the same theme and ideas.
CaBuckeye chapter 28 . 8/26/2011
["That moment there… that was so good that I would cheat on the other moment I had from before, marry this one and raise a family of tiny little moments!" Harry said gleefully. Just…great!"] OMG! I believe that this is the greatest line ever written in HP fandom. Well done, Shezza!
Reinamy chapter 34 . 8/19/2011
These stories just keep getting better and better.

You'd think that Harry and all his sarcasm and cockiness would get annoying eventually, but it doesn't. He was even more brilliant in this book. I also freaking ADORE the HP/Amaris interaction, and I seriously hope they spend more time together in the future.

I'd leave a longer review, but after the last part I'm just too impatient to go on to the 3rd book.

Do know, though, that TDK was just as fascinating, if not more so, as it's prequel.

Thanks for this amazing series, author. I literally feel as if I've landed in a gold mine.
narureye chapter 2 . 7/21/2011
Although the story is enthralling and I can't stop reading it, I hate the fact that harry can't stop getting his ass kicked, I mean, come on, He is never strong enough!
Rizaidym chapter 16 . 7/14/2011
Er, this has been confusing me for a while, but what EXACTLY is the relationship between Harry and Meciel? I can't seem to make heads or tails of it.
Wind Whisperer chapter 34 . 7/2/2011
Awesome
Goldrune09 chapter 24 . 6/16/2011
...wow...just, wow...harrys' daughter is even more f'ed up than he himself is...wow. good job! love the story!
fff chapter 12 . 5/21/2011
to many grammar mistakes
Khaotic Order chapter 34 . 5/17/2011
AWESOME but kinda creepy ending with the paedo
steakforest chapter 8 . 5/15/2011
See, I really like the story but Harry really needs to learn diplomacy. It's actually rather sad how much he fails at being neutral. That's really the only thing that bothers me, although he has a disturbing lack of spells that don't deal with fire. Eh, s'all good. I hope him studying transfiguration actually produces results, if he studied it solely so he could transfigure his original sword into a needle it would be rather... useless overall.
1,694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »