Reviews for Shinji and Asuka
kavoss chapter 1 . 11/24
this is fucking disgusting. no wonder anno hates his own fans
Martyr Mcjones chapter 23 . 11/1
In all this story is garbage and painfully long, there is no justification for the length of this story. Being bored I decided to re-read a lot of it and I just couldn't.
Martyr Mcjones chapter 1 . 11/1
This is what should have happens in show, instead of the Cuckime and weak ass beta MC.
Stafz chapter 1 . 10/25
Alright while I respect all the work for writing a 300k words story, this was weird as hell. I tried for 6 chapters and holy duck what's up with all the lemon ? That's all there is to it isn't it? To me this is really mindless sex. Not gonna even mention the r*pe scene, I see that yourself know this is kinda fucked up.

I can't read further, I really can't.
To other people wondering if you should bother : If you're looking for mindless sex, well you can find your way. If not, I don't think you should even try, characters are way to OOC and the story is quite disturbing.
sjzyr chapter 8 . 10/25
woah gendo letting shinji be happy
DeadlyCucumber chapter 19 . 8/21
Dear DeadlyPole,
Greetings DeadlyPole, I doubt that you will ever see this review as this fanfic is almost as old as me. Despite that, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating this wonderful fanfic. I have read through the chapters twice and yet the story spawns butterflies in my stomach, tears in my eyes and a tingling sensation throughout my body. This is the best fan fiction I have ever read and I would once again like to thank you for your dedication towards this project. I have also noticed lots of issues in your life in the authors notes, so I hope you are all well and successful now. Thank you for making my Shinji x Asuka fantasy come true.

Kindest regards from a fellow deadly,
DeadlyCucumber
deathbringer374 chapter 23 . 7/24
Hi!

Well, I've read this story in stages now, first when I was first coming into fanfic, then when I got into a discord that reminded me the fic was there! I'm not the type to dwell on things that I don't like, so I won't dwell on that considering you've probably heard it all already, so I feel no need to respew something that has already been said. Anyway.

The characterization of Asuka and Shinji is what had he hooked, years ago and currently. At some points in the story they jump from OCC to accurately portrayed, which had me hooked from the first moment. Your WAFF is also strong, very strong, which I enjoy in every chapter. Don't care for the 'fanservice' parts of the story AT ALL. Also, dem pancakes are da shit. Love them. Just love it so much. Do not care for the other fanservice stuff, however, the build up to them and the emotional backlash and development after them is kino. Excellent!

I enjoy the way the both of them inescapably draw to one another, and I love the subtle details you lay here and there, that keep the reader hooked. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Thank you so much for bringing this story to life! Also, I'm eager to read the new epilogue and whatever else you have in store!

Hope your life is awesome!

PEACE.
Tiansyi chapter 1 . 6/22
The storyline development is a class of its own, there are some parts I'd say are touchy and somewhat contoversial such as chapter 1 but the progression of Asuka and Shinji's relationship is solid. While it is pretty polarising for reader, don't let chapter 1 be offputting, the story is funny and pretty wholesome afterwards.

Those solid waffles are based
NoseGum chapter 7 . 6/19
based cum waffles. the dialogue surrounding them is S tier
NoseGum chapter 23 . 6/19
So to start off, the first chapter has rape, but the entire fanfic is not rape. There's a warning on the first chapter for a reason. This story can be divided into two halves. The second half is without a doubt better written than the first, which is mostly lemon. Asuka's entire character in the second half of the fanfic is much closer to how she is in the show, there's way less lemon and more actual story, and yeah. There's genuinely nice moments in the second half, and even a few in the first half. This story still has many glaring issues, don't get me wrong, but it is far from the worst thing ever. Look to stuff like "Shinji's Nightmare Cataclysm" if you want something truly fucked up.

I can't say whether or not this fanfic deserves the terrible reputation it has, or that it should or should not be reduced to the rape in chapter 1, since that event, although being one event in a long story, is what drives forth the rest of the story. Give the story a fair shot to decide for yourself.
JDH1080 chapter 23 . 6/12
Whew finally finished rereading this. What a ride, what an amazing ride. Reading this story was kind of like a trip down memory lane, the altered bits really did improve the experience. I wish I could say that this was a perfect story and that it had no flaws...but I can't. And it's not like there are one or two things that hamper the experience. It's a lot of little things.

Now don't get me wrong and think I don't like this story. In fact I do, I really do. I have a soft spot for this since it was the first Eva fic I ever read, and despite having read many others that I prefer this story still has a lot of quality. There are scenes where I feel genuinely moved by the characters and scenes that had me laughing out loud. But I do feel there are a few parts that are just too much... surprisingly I have no issue with the rape in the first chapter. I can't remember for sure how you handled it originally (I don't think it was as good as the rewrite.) But you handled it very well here and I did feel invested in Asuka and Shinji and wanted to see them work things out. I used to think the second half of this story after Asuka's memory loss was the stronger part of the story, and it certainly does stand well, but I now think the first half is the much stronger portion. Most of my issues actually stem from the later half of the story. Cringe worthy dialogue, characters acting out of character even in the context of this story. (I know the characters here are really OoC by the standards of the anime, but even their established characters in here sometimes feel at odds with themselves. Ie Shinji jumping from calm to screaming arguing with Asuka.) Not to mention some of the jokes just kind of go a tiny bit to far. Like Shinji saying "It felt coarse last time" when Touji made the sand in the vagina comment. Yikes, definitely not something a woman would appreciate hearing from their boyfriend even if they know it's a joke. Also it's probably really, really bad that Shinji still has yet to tell Asuka that they were previously together and that he had raped her at some point...I understand why he wouldn't want to, but you would think at some point for them to have a healthy relationship he would eventually decide to fess up. At least after getting back together.

I have a lot of little complaints with this story...but that honestly doesn't matter. Because it's still a very good story, and there are a lot of moments in this that I like. I'm glad this story still exists. And I appreciate you taking the time to rework it and improve upon it. I hope you keep improving your writing. Thank you.
JDH1080 chapter 3 . 6/6
Still rereading this. Very pleased with how different yet similar things are. There are parts where as I'm reading I'm remembering the original version and I find myself surprised to see how different bits of dialogue are compared to the OG. It definitely feels more in character. Things feel more gentler in some aspects, but harsher in others. This story certainly feels a bit more realistic.
JDH1080 chapter 2 . 6/5
Tried to post this on the first chapter, but can't because I reviewed it eons ago.

Whew boy it has been a long, long time since read this story. In fact this was ONE of the FIRST fanfics I ever read on this site. Definitely the very first Eva fanfic that I stumbled on and is actually what got me into the anime. Oddly enough THIS fic was my entry into Neon Genesis Evangelion. Pretty damn weird right?

Anyways this chapter, while very familiar, is beyond different from what I remember. In fact I vaguely recalled that Shinji forced Asuka to give him oral after he went down on here. Interesting to see that, and many other things in this chapter alone have been changed. I'm very curious to see what else has changed. I remember really liking this fic. But from what I remember the first half was a good bit weaker than the second half of the story. Partially due to your writing seeing great improvement as you went along. And this chapter is exceptionally well written. And honestly I think is much more in character with Shinji and Asuka. Especially their reaction after the unforgivable act. Man. I'm kind of excited to reread this fic. So I want to thank you for having written this fic in the first place, and for going back and revising it. Without this story I might not have gotten into Evangelion when I did. (I think I was like 13 at the time.)
Epic
DagurasuXD chapter 23 . 5/18
Six, seven ... bah! many days to read what I had left! XD
As I already mentioned, this because I read part of the story on Wattpad, was it your account? Gnarkill? Although the story is not there currently, I remember most of the events and changes with the story current and final story
You say it's your first Evangelion story? With all the changes, the way you were able to describe the thoughts, the rewrites and the ending that caused excitement when reading it, it makes me think you did a lot more than just a story.
I don't expect a continuation, as it seems difficult to continue with the story without losing the original meaning, but I am very happy with this.
Good luck in all respects!
Pdta: I hope the translator does not change the meaning of my opinion - -'