Reviews for Shinji and Asuka
REVIEW MY STORY! REVIEW MY STORY!

www dot fanfiction dot net/s/14011295/1/Caillou-Montana

REVIEW MY STORY! REVIEW MY STORY!

www dot fanfiction dot net/s/14011295/1/Caillou-Montana

..,..,.,.,..
kaijue.zhao chapter 24 . 4/25
Good job for finishing this fic. The last cliffhanger was always a shame I thought for this fic. OMEDETO!
deathbringer374 chapter 24 . 4/23
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

Wow, man.

What a ride this was! When I first heard of the epilogue being worked on, I got very excited! Couldn't wait to see if the loose ends from the OG text would be addressed, and above all I was curious as to how they would be addressed. To say I'm satisfied is a gross understatement. From the very first moment of the chapter we realize there is this tension in the air, this electricity.

Asuka's reactions to how both the truth was revealed to her was a treat. Such a long time has passed, she's settled into a life that provides happiness, but the elephant was always there, waiting. Her attitude towards Misato is perfectily understandable, let alone Shinji, and as the chapter developed I found my eyes glued to every word, anticipating what was to come.

The way Shinji confessed to his baser emotions during the 'act' was delivered masterfully. I was on the edge of my chair, waiting for the big explosion, but did you deliver such? Nah, you fucking surprised me yet again. Asuka's words in the latter scenes as they meet up got me right in the heart. I felt a deep despair in reading Asuka leave, but found myself just like Shinji, absolutely delighted and shocked when she returned. It was a prank, bro! You mad? Fucking tremendous.

All in all, this was a damn good ride, brother. What a way to end this roller-coaster of a fic. We had it all! Drama, love, hate, both horrible an beautiful acts, lies, truth, forgiveness, and in the end, a light at the end. CLAP CLAP CLAP.

By the way, DeathBringer Incorporated will be forwarding you the details of the lawsuit on the fault of Copyright Infringement. As is stipulates in the DB archives, page 69, 'the phrase pants down and its use in an Asushin scenario are the exclusive property of DeathBringer Incorporated. Any violation of this Intellectual Property will result in a quick, swift death.' Please put your affairs in order in the next seven days.

Pffft nah. Couldn't resist! Loved the little wink to ST, brother. My eternal gratitude for this great read. Keep up the great work and remember stay healthy and eat your veggies!

PEACE.
Romulo Nidoking BR chapter 24 . 4/19
Bravo.

It's a very nice end of a journey. Both from Shinji and for the author.

Seeing this epilogue was touching in many ways, especially because I can relate to the author journey as an Evangelion and fanfiction enjoyer.

I started to read Evangelion fanfiction when I was a teenager and avid for more Evangelion related content.

I was a little bit older than that when I first read Shinji and Asuka and its notorious harsh opening chapters. But I kept reading it, like I did with most fics at the time.

And it was a pleasant surprise when I noticed that the author slowly begun to turn "a general teenager power fantasy fic" into an actually decent and coherent story, while also improving the quality of the writing.

I could see that the author was growing up and becoming more mature, just like this story and the characters depicted in it.

Even if as adults it's likely that we will always feel ashamed of things we did when we were young teenagers and if it's hard to "fix" thing that is "doomed" from start like this one, I admire the authors persistence and the fact that he managed to develop some really interesting concepts in the story (such as Aria) to make it better and more rewarding to the audience that stick by the fic after the rough start.

And that's why this epilogue was a really pleasant reading.

Here we see the author, now a grow man that went full circle with his younger self, is self-aware about the limitations of his work, but still worked hard to polish in respect to his readers and delivered his best chapter that is, at the same time, a recap and a much needed closure to the story arc and also with the impact that the "rape fic" made into the fandom.

When Shinji is apologizing to Asuka for "deceiving her" while also stating that he loves her, I can see the author also "apologizing" for writing a fic with such complicated and sensitive issues, while also stating his love for Evangelion, Shinji and Asuka and the fandom.

And just like Asuka found in her heart the will to forgive Shinji because love prevailed at the end, Pole can rest assured that we will also "forgive" him, because the good things surpassed the bad things afterall.

Also, the callbacks to Scar Tissue and the ending with a callback to the classic waffle scenes were hillarious!

I don't know if it's "goodbye" (magic spell to meet again?) - because now that you are a far better writer than 15 years ago I'm sure you would be able to deliver new and better stories - but even if you will retire for good from Evangelion fanfiction writing, I can only say thanks and congratulations man.

Because, even with all the the fails and issues, "Shinji and Asuka" was a great journey, a fic that marked one (or maybe more) generations of readers and that, at the end, was a story worthy of having been written. I'm glad that it exists and, like Eva 01 in EoE, should stay here in this site as a prove that authors can evolve and that no fanfic story is a hopeless case.

Take care and thanks for writing.
TheOneAndOnlyErik chapter 24 . 4/19
Sure was FUN coming back to this mister deadlypole who caused me more nightmares than my final exams.

Joke aside, it's almost nostalgic to come back to this. Happy you closed this book now and hopefully, with new stories in the future with a better beginning than this one. Wish you and your family lots of happiness.

P.s I am eating waffles now, don't ruin it.
JDH1080 chapter 24 . 4/18
So I been here a while.

Damn. It's hard to believe this fic is finally in it's most complete form. I remember reading this way back in the day. I can't remember when exactly, but I know it was before your major overhaul of this story. Because some of the chapters were still pretty poorly written while the earlier ones had been touched up, with the later half of the story being pretty good.

I'll say that this final revision is probably the best this story can be. It's well written and has an interesting and engaging plot. Touchy subject matter aside I can commend you on the balls you have to write this kind of subject matter, and I do think that with the final revision you do manage to handle it in the most tactful manner you can for this story to work. Asuka's treatment of Shinji is beyond unacceptable, but it does not excuse what he does to her. And he spends the entire fic battling with that guilt while trying to be good to her. (compared to original...which, as much as I enjoyed it back in the day ..uhhh yikes.)

I remember completing this fic, I never thought we'd see any sort of continuation from that cliffhanger ending. Normally I like open ended endings if they're done well, but for this story I think we, Shinji and Asuka deserve this closure. Shinji has finally fessed up to the things that he kept from Asuka and now the chips fall. He doesn't lose Asuka, but I imagine that it will take some time (and maybe even therapy) before they're both able to completely put this behind them.

I know this story has a reputation, not that it's undeserved. But at the same time I think that despite the triggering events of this story, it and you deserve some respect and admiration. This story is very well written, is unique, and has a fairly engaging plot.

This is not my personal favorite Evangelion fanfic, but it holds a special place in my heart as the first ever Eva fanfic I ever read. And was actually my introduction into this series. As crazy as that is. So thank you for writing this, for revising it, revising it again, and of course taking the time to give us an extended ending.
KaiserDreamCancel chapter 1 . 4/18
I feel like I need to take a shower after reading all of this, the first chapter might've done the trick, but I foolishly read the rest of it. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Truly revolting.
tomdj1701 chapter 24 . 4/18
Well happy you finally got to finishing the epilogue, life does happen of course.

Premise aside by all means keep this story up here (hell, wish I could go back over the old version of chapters just for more comparisons sake especially given how different ch 8 is for example)

Do hope more inspiration comes to you down the road

Great work
aize28 chapter 2 . 3/14
k
deeznuts chapter 1 . 3/13
stop texting.
go find god.
come back after you found god.
Asuka in a Nile t-shirt chapter 1 . 2/28
Ram Ranch really rocks!
Aryanrapist1488 chapter 1 . 1/29
approved
A
kavoss chapter 1 . 11/24/2021
this is fucking disgusting. no wonder anno hates his own fans
Martyr Mcjones chapter 23 . 11/1/2021
In all this story is garbage and painfully long, there is no justification for the length of this story. Being bored I decided to re-read a lot of it and I just couldn't.