Reviews for We Are the Future
NigerianGeek chapter 11 . 11/28/2016
Ok so. I loved this story. I love it even more knowing that it ends with that bastard dead. The bastard. Wish he'd suffered more before he went, but oh well.
NigerianGeek chapter 6 . 11/28/2016
Mah heart. Mah sole
Guest chapter 11 . 7/25/2016
This was utterly amazing. The more I reread it, the better it ultimately becomes. The continuity, the characterization, the whole accounting of what these boys survive together easily makes this one of the best yugioh fanfics in English to read. Seems like your account here and on AO3 and Tumblr are all abandoned. Regardless, thank you so much for contributing to this fandom such content.
AmethystUnarmed chapter 3 . 8/23/2015
That end was so cute and I hate you for it
AmethystUnarmed chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This is fantastic
Stacy20 chapter 11 . 2/6/2015
this was brilliantly written, and the story itself was successful in conveying the emotions of the characters and drawing its connection with us the readers. i love the plot of this story and how seto responded to joey's support and love. :3 i wish there was a sequel to see the aftermath of how they dealt with this difficult situation
magnolia glass chapter 8 . 11/12/2014
I know you've heard this already but I'd love to see where this is going. Even though some of it has been very hard to read. (I can only imagine what writing it was like. It's to put yourself in a dark place.) The bastard Gozaburo needs to go down. I hope if you continue it's painful when he does.
Blondieofficial chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
First off, I don't know if you will read this, since your last updates date back a while, but leaving such a well written piece uncommented would be a waste.
I'm a little bit speechless, now that I finally managed to get through the whole thing (I just couldn't stop reading! I spend HOURS, for a couple of days). I would've gone nuts if you didn't complete it, seriously, thank you for finishing it. There is only one word to describe this story: dark. So freaking dark themed and emotionally unsettling it brought me to tears at some points. Damn, that's what I call a good job - the author getting through to the reader.
The whole issue of a schizophrenic "parent" wanting to hurt its child as much as possible and humiliating it sexually to the breaking point really got me. Because I kind of know what that intention feels like (of course not as extreme as in your fiction, but the principle resembles). I'm not sure if saying I "enjoyed" is the correct term to praise your story but it really was worth reading. It surely was one of few master pieces I've read in all the years of consuming fan fiction.
Love
Fleet Sparrow chapter 11 . 10/9/2013
I finally got the chance to just sit down and read this whole thing straight through. I remember reading it the first time when it started and always wanted to see how it would continue. The rewrite was great and I loved it. Everything seemed so well-paced and put together. It was very exciting to read it all and I'm so glad you finished it.
EvilMidget6 chapter 11 . 12/16/2012
This is an amazing story.

Very dark and very dirturbing...at times uncomfortably hard to read...but so well written...

I had to think hard about favouriting it because of the themes and discomfort it makes me feel - but it's so fabulously done.

I thought your portrayal of the Jonouchi/Seto relationship which develops amongst such sordid horror was beautifully done, and the ending was understated and bittersweet but believable and had hope.

Was v v glad he died and by his own hand actually - rather than murder becoming added to the burdens of S/J.

Diisturbingly awesome!
Lycadius chapter 11 . 10/13/2012
This is one of my favorite fanfics of all time. Thank you for writing it. _
Lycadius chapter 10 . 10/13/2012
Ah, quoting the first chapter about the fall.
Lycadius chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
This was the most tearjerking of them all so far.
Lycadius chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
Oh my...
Lycadius chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
That makes me think- what WOULD Shizuka do?