Reviews for 808 The Crash of 29
Isabell89 chapter 4 . 10/25/2008
Oh, so now I have a fun episode to look forward to - for tomorrow. I think I'll head to bed for now. Just my thoughts on this chapter before I go: I still haven't made up my mind whether or not I want Rory to get back with Logan - however that would be possible I don't know, but that is your job as a writer to figure out after all - or even for her to explore this mystery that is her relationship with Nate. One thing is for sure, which is that I like him as a character, very much so. At this point, I can't tell either in which direction you're heading - it's all very much wait and see at the moment.

Luke and Lorelai - what can I say. He's building a high chair... and a crib... and might also add a rocking chair... It can't possibly get any more perfect than that, can it? Oh, and I loved that Lorelai took a vote on where they are going on their honeymoon lol It's typical Lorelai. But what's up with their destination? Is it because I haven't watched every episode of the series religiously from the beginning so I'm missing something or are you going to elaborate on that?

Finally, there's one thing I picked up on throughout the story which confused me at first, then started bothering me and by now is a mystery to me. In many of your 'stage directions', you use the term 'he/she raised his eye/eyes'. I am pretty sure by now that you mean the gesture of a person raising their eyebrows to show confusion or irritation, but I am only common with that expression being called 'raising one's eye*brow*'. So, is it a colloquial use of the term, or even an official one? Or is it just me over analyzing where there's no need to analyze at all? I am not a native speaker, so please enlighten me.
flcrkr chapter 4 . 5/2/2008
So sweet of Luke to make a highchair for the baby! Glad to see it was something different than a crib... lots of people have made him make a crib first off, so it was nice to see something different.

It was a nice little party the Courant threw for Rory... with the help of Nate. I kinda feel bad for Rory about Nate hearing what she told Ken, but she's had it built up for a while... then again, I can't believe she said it in front of everyone, even if no one but Nate heard.

The description of Rory's cake sounds cool.

Nice celebration at Luke's. It was good that she had her mom and Luke to tell her problem at work to.
flcrkr chapter 3 . 5/2/2008
It's nice that Rory and Logan are on the "friends" page and that they are able to keep talking despite what happened between them. Glad to see Sookie back at work. Funny she moved Jackson and Vickie to a room in the inn. Glad to see Michel is still Michel, lol.

Nice to see Lane and Rory chatting.

Nice idea to have Lorelai use the town meeting to get an idea for a honeymoon spot. Glad to see the town meetings are still eventful as ever!
flcrkr chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
Hee. Luke making Rory give Lorelai decaf when ever she is over... and Lorelai not even knowing she had previously drank decaf... that's great, lol. Interesting convo that Rory and Lorelai had about Logan. Glad to see Rory is making progress with Nate.
flcrkr chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
That was a nice surprise Emily and Richard had for Rory. Funny the things they came up with that happened on the day Rory was born.
Roxxy117 chapter 3 . 2/17/2008
Well definitely not Paris cuz Lorelai will be reminded of Chris there. ...

I think ... hmm. Hawaii! I know its kind of original but I can't think of anything else. Well actually I don't think Luke might be the Hawaii type of guy ... but oh well! He can stare at Lorelai in a bikini the whole time so I don't think he'll complain that much. ;-)
Jeremy Shane chapter 4 . 12/14/2007
good chapter & more please
Jeremy Shane chapter 3 . 12/14/2007
Jeremy Shane chapter 2 . 12/14/2007
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
RiskaSG chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
What a start. Crushes me. No Emily and Richard. Sighs. Darn. Not nice. But well, even I should be able to do one episode without them. Let me point out here once more that you sure know how to give Emily classy lines that are simply typical for her (Like the "Is it such a difficult concept to grasp?") That's why I can't believe you missed the chance of having Lorelai complain on why Rory was allowed to blow out her birthday candles while she wasn't some years ago ;)

The mother/daughter talk in the pool house was a great read, it's really nice to see them back together *nods* Although I wouldn't really call it mother/daughter talk, but a talk of best pals. But that's what they are more than mother and daughter.

It's intereting to see how the things between Rory and Nate develop, especially with Logan back on the screen. "“Friends”… maybe?" Menage a trois maybe? A woman between two men - it never gets old after all ;) Although Rory has been there already, so, well, I kind of like Nate, but Logan and Rory seemed to be a great match - guess I'll have to make up my mind on which couple I ship here. And - of course - I'm curious to find out where you'll lead it to.

I can understand why Sookie wants to go back to work, but putting Jackson and Victoria in room No. 5? LOL! Michel's reaction is so Michel, gotta hug that guy just for being Michel *nods* The easiness and humour in the Inn scenes make them a wonderful read. Therefore, I'm always happy to see an Inn scene coming up as I know it'll be just good no matter what will happen or what it is about. And it's just the same with the town meetings. The townies are so adorable, Lorelai having them vote for a honeymoon destination is. Great idea there! *Bows* (I'd like to spend them their first week as husband and wife in Paris. Wait. No. Bad idea, forgot about the Chris thing. Paris is a bad idea. So. Then. It's Winter. Europe suddenly sounds like a bad idea. Barbados, maybe? That or Cuba.)

Rory's birthday *YAY* Unbeliveable how fast time passes though. Thinking that she was 16 when the series started and 22 when it ended. That's a lot of time. Really a lot. Well. So. Birthday girl gets a lot of phone calls, Mommy, Logan. Nate sneaking around Rory's desk. Nate asking Meggie if she knew it's "Gilmore's" birthday. Nice ;) Let me say again: There goes something. I think he's quiet impressed she's working that day, I guess he underestimated/misjudged her until now.

Now, the mistery of the mysterious object in the garage continues. I think it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Super Jackson and his atomic pea tendrils! Okay, kidding. Betting on a cradle. Or a new bed for their bedroom. And its - tatta - a highchair. Wowh. Didn't expect that. Very cute scene though, guess all the JJ's melted while reading it ;) :P

The birthday surprise. It was predictable and still I feel so horrible. Poor Nate organized it and then Rory says he's a jerk and of course he hears it and well. Breaks my little heart. Happy now? *Sighs*

Sedona? Duh? I'm confused here.

Nice preview. Glad the next episode is already waiting for me *G*
ALKremers chapter 2 . 11/17/2007
I am loving this series but if Logan/Rory get back together I will boycott. The writers of GG had it right when Rory/Logan split and LL got back together please don't fuck that up for me. I am begging you. Other than that I am very pleased that you have decided to keep this going for the full 22 episodes. You are one of the best writers I have read when it comes to the proper voice of each character.
GGjunkie33 chapter 4 . 11/16/2007
Ah, poor Rory! Oh well, we all make those kinds of mistakes at some point. Wonder what's going on in Nate's brain so far. He's a hard character to read (although part of that could be not seeing facial expressions). Can't wait to see what you do with Logan and Rory! Keep up the great work!
jojo chapter 4 . 11/14/2007
This is such a great season you have made up. the detail is so great and unlike a lot of other people's it really does sounds like the show. I cannot wait to read more!]]
NBAmom chapter 4 . 11/12/2007
One step forward, two steps back. Sigh. Poor Rory. I'm very curious about this Nate guy. I love how happy Luke and Lorelai are. And I love the details of everyone's expressions and actions-they're always so in character! How do you do it? I can hardly wait to see Luke and Richard together! But poor Kirk! (This image of Kirk sleeping on the sidewalk all disheveled had me laughing pretty hard-am I cruel?). Thanks for every amazing episode! Can't wait for more.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »