Reviews for The Spirit of Gondor
Luthien and Tari Oronar chapter 2 . 10/30/2007
Too funny! I had a very vivid image of a mummy-Faramir tip-toeing across the room. And why do I sense that although Faramir escaped from one "embarrassing predicament" there are more too come? ...besides the fact the summary alludes to it, I mean... :D
Pentangle-linnon chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Oh, what a lovely ghost story for this time of year! I must admit to a weakness for a good scary story, especially told in a thrilling voice over a campfire. Faramir story was just right for a child as intrepid as Elbeth; not too gory, but with a nice shivery quality.

I'm glad the story didn't have any yucky kissing for Elbeth (wait until you're older, dear...)

Allee1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Hi Linda,

You write the interaction between Faramir and Elbeth so well! There are so many cute lines: /“Just as long as it doesn’t have any kissing in it,” Elbeth said firmly./ LOL. I enjoyed it.

Deandra chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Nice little tale to celebrate the season (and Raksha's birthday). And I'm sure there have been ghost tales throughout time immemorial.

“Just as long as it doesn’t have any kissing in it,” Elbeth said firmly. - *snicker* shades of The Princess Bride! Elbeth is delightful, though.

- Deandra
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
What a cute little story! I loved the ghost story part of it the bit where Faramir chides Elbeth over reproaching the maids was a very nice touch. Well done!
Estelcontar chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Linda, what a great start to a ghost story. I agree with Elbeth, it is a scary story. I enjoyed this chapter very much, but I don't know if I should keep reading because I don't deal well with scary stories.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm afraid of them.

Loved Elbeth's view of kissing. Children are not very crazy about kissing stories are they?
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I love story-telling, especially around Halloween and next to a cosy fire! Are any similarities to "Princess Bride" intentional? I love "Princess Bride" and I had to smile when Elbeth stated she didn't want any kissing in the story. ;-) You just have to love a child's way of thinking - I really enjoyed Elbeth's comments, like the one about the snowballs and that Strider would have been able to heal Sarah. *g* The story about the white lady is intriguing, I have a feeling that wasn't the last we've heard of her. A great beginning, Linda! :)

JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Good first chapter-Fara is a very good storyteller, and I recognized the local legend you used. Looking forward to more!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Oh, nice start to what looks like a splendid ghost story! Update soon!
Katherine-The-Crowned chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
This was really good. I quite enjoyed the way such celebrations were easily inserted into Gondorian traditions. Good job!
sakurazukamori chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Fantastic :) I really liked this fic. Well written and a fantastic use of a local legend - really well incorporated. I'll definitely check out your other works _

41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3