Reviews for Gradient Asymptote
Eriisu-April chapter 2 . 10/15/2009
Well, two things made me extremely happy and depressed while reading this: one, this is the most well written Reno story I've ever read, very much what I consider a deeply-planned in-character setting and style, and most importantly; damn interesting. Before the end of chapter one, I loved it. Including the dark and impish humor that I relate to Reno. (especially aimed at Cloud. he's... just so... *trails off*)

Anyway, the part the made me want to cry: the update date. I generally try to assume anything that hasn't been updated in over two 1/2 years "dead" (to spare myself the near-inevitable hope and crash) so I hung my head and sighed. But, on the slim chance this is still being written, I will gladly be waiting for the next chapter.
mom calling chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
So, when is/are subsequent chapter(s) coming? I await, in some confusion, having noted that I missed the vital clue/hint in the blink of an eye in the first part...and what that scary part has to do with what followed in hour 1... I like what you write. A lot. Hopefully, mc
Eenvi chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Great... I like Reno here, update soon yo.
Neko-Tang chapter 2 . 12/2/2007
Yeah. That's right. I'm reviewing this story too! And I must say, I am a fan fan fan. Because I'm huge Reno fan. And I love humor. He really brings it down to china town, hm?

...Ew. Sorry. But anyways, I love profile statements, they make me laugh to tears.
HeyModsDeleteMe chapter 2 . 12/1/2007
A story from YOU about RENO? Oh my God. Stop me before I fangirl attack.
Fighter le Faye chapter 2 . 11/25/2007
Nice stats lol. Alright good, for a sec I thought it would have the 24 scheme. That would've been weird for me.

And I like how you're writing Reno with that bit of humor to the dark side. Can't wait for more.
Destination-Zero chapter 2 . 11/22/2007
Great chapter.

I like the way you write Reno. He still has his goof ballish ways, but you balance it out with a sort of dark, and very intelligent side. Alot of times some of us don't give him enough credit in the brains department as we should.

I also like the way you incorporated the stats about the em comin.
Fallen-Yuki chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
Woo. You write very well. And I'm sad to say it but I don't get all of your allusions. :( I like knowing things and being able to understand metaphors and other various pieces of figurative language. But you're just to good! It is amazing though. :D I especially love how Reno gives a bio on each person he encounters. It's good for giving more insight into your Reno. :) It is so good though. So I'll definately be awaiting an update. :D
Duderman chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
Impressive as always; a little less confusing as well.

Your story is really something I would enjoy to keep reading; if my brain cells dont crumble under the labour of it all, however.

Though I cant really detect the 'deeper/finer points' of the story (that apparently have already been implemented), I dont really believe we're meant to. Not quite yet.

I do however have a loose understanding of what is going on in Reno's head; the first sentances of the chapter kind of spell it out, but still, I want to seem intelligent all the same.

I'm done now, basically. As for Football, go Packers. All the rest of you are just Brett's bitches, so to speak.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Reno performs better (chess, mental-narration, etc.) while under influence.

Buenos dias
Destination-Zero chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Yup, the writing style is definatly Reno, but him in a dark sarcastic way. I was just thinking that there needs to be more stories about him from that point of view.

wondering what's up ahead..
Fallen-Yuki chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
M. I think I might comprehend. Although I might just be taking blind leaps into the dark. Does Reno have some sort of dissociative disorder when he kills people? I think that would explain the he/I things. I do love the ending though about missing the whole point of the story. Your writing is amazing. It seems suspenseful and I will gladly wait for the next chapter. :)
Fighter le Faye chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
YEAH! You're back! I'm already cracking up and this is just the prologue-that can't be good. It's different but that makes me wanna read it more.
Duderman chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I rarely read much of anything on this site anymore... but I have a feeling this will change now.

From what can be seen from the prologue/first chapter of this story; it seems to be a far different concept and approach than MDL. I wont lie and say I understood exactly what the deal was in Reno's head, if it was a case of scyzophrenia; or something else, left for us to find out in later chapters.

This confusing, yet intriguing element will most definatly draw many MDL readers to keep following this story... Though many more, who were most fond of the more straight-forward-comedy sketches in MDL, might be drawn away from this story.

Though, knowing Pendrum, I dont think you really care, eh?

Although, I know nothing of it at this time, and I very well might be amazed by what is to come.

Well done.

I'll be here next time.
flawinthemechanics chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
-in creep voice- You're back! lol OMG! That was amazing! Abit confusing, but that's cause I have a small dumb brain :P lol Wonderful first chapter! I love your stories, and this is defiantly different - ME LOVE! lol Update.
Raven2120 chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Wow, this is darker than I am use to. But, that is probably because.. there are very few stories that are dark AND written well.

I was/am a big fan of MDL.. and Reno is my favorite character out of the game(after replaying it)/movie. I can't wait to see where you go with this...