Reviews for Hell in Paris
Carina L chapter 3 . 4/13/2017
1. BPRD in Paris
From what I may conclude from this chapter Hellboy and Dr. Kate Corrigan came to Paris to check if Quasimodo was still there, weren't they? Hellboy seemed to be bothered by this, saying that there were only rumours. Because of that he regards Cecile as being crazy because she believed that; was she responsible for the mission of the two? I had to smile imagining Hellboy sitting on a bed and reading "Harry Potter". :D He seems to love smoking cigars, doesn't he?
Kate and Hellboy argue then because off some "proof" that Quasimodo might be existing because Cecile has found the carving of a dog, and Quasimodo loved to do wood-carving in the Disney movie.
Hellboy can't avoid making noises on stone with his hooves noe shoes will fit for. Kate nicknames Hellboy "Red", that's interesting - I guess it's because of his skin colour.
I wonder about the love lettrer addressed to Quasimodo; I wouldn't be surprised if Cecile was the writer. Kate is actually fascinated by this mission of checking on Quasimodo's existence while it was rather bothersome for Hellboy.

2. In the Belltower
When I was in Paris and went to a guided tour of the belltower no persons were singing songs from the Disney movie, apparently I went there at the wrong time. Kate was annoyed because of the guide's lacking knowledge about Quasimodo, she seemed to know much more about him. It's mysterious that she was followed by someone she can't see.
Meanwhile, Hellboy found an interesting place after breaking a door; he must be quite strong to achieve this. The formerly sealed area was inhabited by someone because of many proofs, e.g. lacking dust and the assembly of devices for personal hygiene. I like the description of the rooms. Apparently someone lives in these rooms that was tolerated by those who are responsible for the church. For which occasion does Hellboy need the rosary for?
The Wood's lamp is very useful for finding the inhabitant of these rooms. Did Hellboy fear it might be a vampire because of the Holy water? And what did Kate mean with "the wannabe-gypsies rubbed off in me"?
After they learn that Quasimodo is still there Kate is surprised after learning this; if he was existing, how could he live such a long life? Hellboy left because he knoew that Quasimodo felt uncomfortable in his presence that was revealed in the last chapter. At least, Quasimodo felt quite comfortable in Kate's presence after a short time. Kate was relieved that no demon was in Paris but the bellringer who was human; however, no one knows how he could stay alive for some centuries.

3. An Odd Friend
Hellboy wanted to find out the latter, apparently taking devices with him to find a relic allowing Quasimodo to stay alive without becoming a zombie or vampire.
Kate was quite fascinated by Quasimodo's knowledge he has acquired with living such a long time; I had to smile as well imagininging him in bellbottoms but I doubt he wore them.
Does this kidney leak urine when something useful was found? I guess that it was't hard for Hellboy finding the Philosopher's stone especially after reading Harry Potter where this stone also played an important role.
Quasimodo seemed to be upset that the door to his living area was broken. Kate was very much impressed because of the many books from different historic eras in Quasimodo's living area. Quasimodo and Hellboy are busy looking at each other until both were too hungry. It's interesting to know how the stone got into Quasimodo's possession; I agree that he can be trusted for safekeeping. Not that it's hard to achieve that - the people who know about the stone wouldn't think this concrete-looking stone was indeed the Philosopher's stone. It seems that the ownership and presence of the stone is enough to stay alive for such a long time, isn't it?
Quasimodo and Kate had a good time with the books and the historic events Quasimodo had experienced. Katte apparently wants Quasimodo to know that he would be welcomed at the PBRD.
Meanwhile, Hellboy seemed to have found the Court of Miracles when searching for paranormal activitiy and werewolves in the catacombs. Both Kate and Hellboy seemed to have enjoyed their stay in Paris in the end because they only departed because of another mission. I remember the Red Caps from Harry Potter as well since they were mentioned in the third book as a part of the subject matters in Defence against the dark arts. with Professor Lupin. Are the Red Caps a reason as well why Hellboy reads Harry Potter?
I like the description of Kate and Quasimodo saying goodbye, I assume they are friends now.
When she and Hellboy are departing Kate was concerned about Quasimodo's privacy because of the file for their mission. I think Hellboy has a point that files are quickly forgotten after they were finished, especially when they are stored in an archive. As Quasimodo's friend Kate is also concerned about Quasimodo's wellbeing; in her opinion he just spent time alone and with observing. I guess she thinks that he misses much by not actually doing something, similar to Cecile.
Hellboy is much less concerned; according to him, many people spend their live observing others, e.g. watching TV quite often. Since Qusimodo is Kate's friend now she wants to visit him again of course; I imagine that Kate thinks Quasimodo lacks companionship. At least, he has the task, i.e. ringing the bells that seems to suffice why Quasimodo is happy with his life. Does he know about photographs at all?
Hellboy's information about the Court of Miracles is interesting as well, what did he mean with "frog people"?
I like the story very much, the background information was useful for understanding it. :)
Flint and Feather chapter 2 . 11/13/2016
The practical fact pointed out was one to stop and think over - that so many bellringers had been struck and killed by lightning!

This reads as a heartening experience for Kate, to have discovered long-lived but young Quasimodo, and to interact with him on a pleasant and mutually accepting basis.
Flint and Feather chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
This assignment of Hellboy and Kate has a very 'business as usual' feel, and HB's emotional detachment differs from Kate's intellectual investment in the deeper layers of the mystery. Has their hostess, Cecile, been the one to report seeing an unidentifiable figure in the bell tower? It's a good thing that she hasn't insisted on accompanying them to investigate.

My question had been - what kind of liquid did HB pour on the floor, and what was the reason? It's understandable, then, that he and Kate will return to the scene to see if any being has picked up this tracking fluid on its feet.
roudyredd chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
I like it so far. this is really cool. I would like to see more answers for this eternal youth thing. lol -redd
epalladino chapter 3 . 10/30/2007
Beautifully done. I forgot that Quasi was deaf, I'm glad you reminded me of that. Nice use of the Philosopher's Stone. It's a long, long time since I read NDdP (in an English translation) and I forgot that detail. I'll have to read the book again, it's one of my favorites. Thanks for bringing Hellboy and the Hunchback together. A sequel, maybe? Beth Palladino
Krystal chapter 3 . 10/29/2007
I totally missed the feeding him garlic (though, this is likely due to my complete lack of knowledge regarding Greek food)

And I do love the Harry Potter. I especially love that Hellboy reading Harry Potter really *was* research.
GreatBigFreak chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
I am a great fan of unlikely crossovers, and this has it in spades. Lovely little start, please keep going with this one. I will admit to having a snide little grin while the part with the tourists singing "God Help the Outcasts". Also, it's very cool to see Kate in a story! Love to see her around!
epalladino chapter 2 . 10/28/2007
I definitely like this and am looking forward to where you're taking this. Thanks, Beth Palladino
epalladino chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Very atmospheric. I liked the relationship you show between Hellboy and Kate and love the idea of Hellboy reading "Harry Potter". The idea of Hellboy using sign language was hilarious. Is this complete? Or will there be more? Thanks for posting something new, Beth Palladino