Reviews for Double Edge
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Oh my, Gant/Lana is my guilty pleasure, and I love the way this was written. It's a believable little scene and I like how they're both characterized. There's so much tension under the surface, and I think you conveyed that pretty well.
shadow-spawn180 chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Aww! Sad! You captured Gant really well. Kudos.
EvilMarshmallow13 chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
...One of the few Lana/Gant stories I've seen that hasn't been Gant completely dominating Lana (if it could really be classified as a pairing fic...). A pleasant change. Having Gant actually act as a human being was a new move, as well-seeing as how both in-game and in fanfiction, he's a calculating, seemingly over-friendly person...and in this, he was actually...well, forgiving and human-like are the only words that come to mind. At times, his old, pre-prison personality showed through, a mix of the over-friendly and cold, calculating person. A good thing, or else Gant would've seemed OOC-as is, a little OOC (from the whole slightly compassionate "it'd be best to not come back, and it'd also be good to forget me" thing, where it actually seems that he has guilt about the incident in 1-5), but it's explained rather easily through the whole prison thinking time. Lana...while she played a large part, also seemed like she played no part at all in the story, in the end of the fic. She seemed to be more of a supporting character to Gant, a compliment to his changes rather than the main "focus" of the story. If indeed she was the main focus-if not, I still think there could've been a bit...more. I don't know how, but it just seemed like she wasn't all there at the end. But the cliffhanger was nice-a good one to play off of, although it would be hard to really come up with an actual second chapter. The first seems both final and leading at the same time. All in all, I liked this-as I said, a nice change from Gant completely dominating Lana, but imo, there could've been a little more Lana description (more mental than physical description) at the end. 10/10.