Reviews for The Hokage Great and Terrible
THE UNKNOWN chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
Nice way to end it
King Hawke chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
great story! alittle darker than I am used to, but the ending made up for it. keep up the good work in writing stories!
Chronostorm chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
Well it was a sad but happy ending i overall liked and its ending though i wonder what will happen in the years to come i guess it is irrelevant though i expected to go through little bit more given all the points of view you had with the way you were planning to end it, it would have been impossible to do anything well good job on a good fic.
Muria chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
Wow. That was really cool. I love the whole story line... especially the ending. Highly original and very well-written... :) Very fun to read!
Mrriddler chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
This story is not as "entertaining" as your other works. It's value is its provocativeness and depth that make readers think. There's also a historic precedent. I'm going to guess you are somewhat well read in terms of modern and ancient western history.

Components of Orochimaru's pacification campaign and his use of ANBU reminded me of totalitarian regimes of the early 20th century, while the ending reminded me more of ancient Rome. I was tempted to say Orochimaru resembled Julius Caesar in how he tried to conquer all and sought godhood, but obviously you twisted the ending a bit. "Minato" is the exact opposite of the Roman Empire and Naruto is nothing like Octavian Caesar (Augustus). Still I can't help but wonder if the three people that knew what happened (Naruto, Hinata, Haku) was a play on the second triumvirate (Octavian, Mark Antony, Lepidus).

I guess in that sense, this story is closer towards the beginning of the Roman Republic post the reign of Roman King Tarquin the Proud than the end. Your mentioning of the divisions of power (Kage, aristocratic council, public assembly) is also rather representative of the divisions in Rome (office of consuls/temporary dictator, senate, tribune of the plebeians). And I'm sure we can imagine all sorts of way in which "Minato" could eventually fall apart just as Republican Rome did in the absence of wise and just leadership.

These things probably weren't even on your mind, but like I said, this story promotes thinking and made me recall some of my history lessons so well done. :) Very well done.

Cheers,

Mrriddler
Sangemaru chapter 5 . 2/24/2008
Heh :D This is deffinately a twist I would never have expected :) Nice story :)
dan01 chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
This chapter was absolutly stunning and amazing. Pleas make a story about manato surviving and staying as the hokage and leading Leaf into a time of peace and make it epic like

A Mothers Love.
mlkoolc86 chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
This was a great story
X18999 chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
Good end.

though your Kage, Council, and admissibly is odd because if the kage can kick all of their asses they are useless.

still good end
NeoKenshin chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
After reading your story 'A Mother's Love' and then finding this on your profile, I have come to the conclusion that this story is well...it's damn good. The way you created the world of Konoha with Orochimaru's evil as its' prime influence is sublime! Honestly just picturing Konoha under a rule like that gave this story unbelievable depth! It almost seemed real in a sense. And then the scenes of Sarutobi discussing his committing seppuku, and Minato planning Naruto's liberation from Konoha, and then his eternal sacrifice for his sin...wonderful.

This is definitely a good story, as is "A Mother's Love". I look forward to reading more of your brilliant work. I can tell you're writing means a lot to you, and that is what makes it so good.

Neokenshin
narutoartlover chapter 11 . 2/24/2008
A great ending I doff my hat to you on a we inspiring story in what could have gone so wrong.
Antimatterannihilation chapter 10 . 2/23/2008
awesome plot line _ i love the whole world domination thing, i wonder what happened to the akatsuki? probably were all please please have minato live, i'll cry if you kill him seriously.

well ttul

update soon

bye
JKGoblin chapter 10 . 2/22/2008
Great fic.
Shadowsole chapter 10 . 2/22/2008
MARRY ME!

or at least update soon PLEASE?
Chronostorm chapter 10 . 2/20/2008
Well then that was convient for Minato there it seem soon side will be taken i wonder who will fight who in the conflict and if the Kyuubi will be released and will Naruto be there to see or will he not figure out what will happen in time the build to the climax is coming and i am wondering who is going to side with who and if Madara or Pein will show up (considering Madara was responsible for the Kyuubi attack i think he could take Orochimaru on even ground) well either way keep it up.
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »