Reviews for Tea Before the End
Valkyrie Wilde chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
I've been so disappointed with most of the Parakiss stories I've read so far. This one is so short and seems more like a moment in time than a "story" but it's written so well. I love Yukari and George as much as anyone and you can just feel the emotions right in your chest as you get to the end. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece that lifts the hearts of all of us broken by Ai Yazawa's ending.
Trinity Kouya Hime-sama chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Beautiful story, really. And a perfect ending to it all. I was never happy with the actual ending, but I really like this one. Out of curiosity, how old were you envisioning them in this story?
N.C. Stormeye chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I wish this is what really happened. I really do. The way it's written, by the way, is perfect for Paradise Kiss. It has a way of being seen, not told.
missmilktea chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Aww that was really cute! I loved all ur little details that made the story pleasant ... and very emotional! _
Heise chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Wow, a beautiful and different portrayal of the love and relationship Yukari and George shared. Beautiful, delicate words woven cozily together. I lvoe it. :)
cassierigum chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Beautiful. Truly beautiful!

Strangely, I just finished Parakiss today myself (obviously a different today than your today... but whatever) and yes, I too cried. It was a bittersweet ending, wasn't it?

But back to your fic. I loved it. Well-written, good characterisation (though I can't believe that George and Yukari could ever get back together... but quite possibly that's just me).

Anyway, this has been a very dithering review! But I loved it, I really did.
TheEvilAshleyness chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
*tears* that was beautiful
Miss. Miyazawa chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
This was beautiful beyond words. The sadness Yukari feels, and the way the past was carefully woven in, was so mesmerizing. I never saw George as fragile, but the way you described it made it believable. Excellent job.
Hatsumomoji chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
O.o aw

I love it love it love it
hermithole chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
OK, just for the record, I haven't read Paradise Kiss nor anything by Ai Yazawa, so I wouldn't be the best judge of character in terms of characterisation but I feel like these fic deserves more than just one review. In fact, it deserves more reviews than all of the bad fics put together, and that isn't saying much because bad fics don't deserve the sheer number it is getting, and good fics like yours are so far and between that I'm surprised it only got one review.

You have an elegant and poetic writing style that I absolutely love. There are, of course, a couple of issues I had with the fic, but what I adore is your use of imagery and your play with words. It may differ from person to person, but to me, imagery and metaphors, among others, are two of the most important things in a good story. If I can't visualise (and I'm a visual person) I can't connect. If I can't feel what you're feeling, I will lose interest. That said, the first paragraph hold the most impact for me, especially these words: "Paris had softened those eyes." I liked how you used Paris as the subject, though 'eyes' was truly the underlying focus you wanted to portray. It gives your sentences a variation, and hence your story a variation, and hence, readers like me a break from the monotone.

I really want to delve into the characterisation, because no story lives without great characters, and you seem like you genuinely want to improve, but since I haven't read PK it wouldn't be fair to say anything.

And to keep this review constructive, some issues I had:

1. I noticed that at times, you have a tendency of using too many descriptions. (No worries - obviously, you see, I do that too.) While descriptions aren't necessarily a bad thing, too much descriptions will take away what little room there is left for readers to infer. Some of the descriptions at the dialogue (and certain points of the story) weren't really necessary, and I would have liked to deduce from the sentences myself what the characters are feeling.

2. Also, like I said, I'm a poor judge, but the ending felt a tad abrupt. I don't know if it's just me, but George seemed pretty adamant about leaving, and that he had a good reason for leaving, and not taking Yukari along with him, and that if he loved her enough he would have taken her with him in the first place. I was expecting a bit of fight/debate/whatever before he actually agreed to change his plans. I could be wrong, though, but that's what it seemed like.

3. I kind of think the last sentence would work better as:

"Well, I told him. Well.

Maybe it does."

OK, lastly, to sum up this extremely long, lengthy, draggy, pointless, wishy-washy review, I am really honored to be on your Fav Author's List. Really, I am. I look forward to your reviews every time, and I'm not even saying this to get more reviews. (Though I've this crazy obsession with more reviews, it doesn't apply here.) So thanks, for reading my fics, for reviewing them, for critiques, etc etc. Many things. It makes me want to keep writing. And I hope this review, however pointless, has been a little helpful.

Keep up the good job!