Reviews for A Pittance Of Time
tmntlover2013 chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Great job on the story, I liked it alot, and you are right we should respect the men and women who died for us, and people who don't are just shit sorry for bad lang. keep up the great work and keep on writing.
TheMusicofMySoul chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I absolutely loved this story so much. I am an avid supporter of our troops, no matter what. It doesn't matter if we don't agree with the war, they probably don't either, but they are still fighting it in order to keep us safe and free.

Your mention of 9/11 made me tear a bit. Being a New Yorker and remembering that day as if it was yesterday just brings on so many emotions at the mention of it.

Raph's letters to Leo broke my heart. To think how many letters exactly like that are sent every day from soldiers to their families. It's enough to make you wonder why there is war and death.

The man in the grovery store truly angered me. It's people like that that truly make me want to smack them upide the head. They truly must forget how many people have died in order to give him the right to complain about not being served when he wanted to be. People approach 9/11 the same way nowadays...and I'm not sure if it angers or upsets me.

Truly amazing story.

Support our troops, remember the fallen. 3
Veriandise chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
That was an amazing story! Terry Kelly's wife was actually one of my teachers, and she played the music video for that song on remembrance day. I tear up every time I hear the song, and I did again when I read your story. Beautiful job.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
This is by far the best one you've written so far, Ramica. Seriously. It's just spot on correct on all fronts.

I liked the fact that you did not drag out their 'going public', but kept it concise and to the point. I think you've placed each TMNT exactly where they would be if they were real and had the freedom to choose.

Of course, I was sad that Splinter only enjoyed a small 'pittance' of life above ground, but at least he lived long enough to realize it, even if it was only for a short time.

And those men did not die in vain. Freedom's price is blood; no way around it. And, unless we are diligent in keeping ourselves free and imbattle those wanting to enslave us, we sometimes make hard choices. Once the dust settles, when this war is taught in history classes to our grandchildren and great grandchildren, then we'll know for sure if it was a just war. Right now, we're all a little too close to those trees to see the forest properly.

In any event, regarding those felled by friendly fire, this happens, it's unfortunately, we can lament how unfair it is, but - it happens. It's happened during World War 1 and 2, and all the other wars, no matter the country. People get jacked up on fear and adrenaline, someone thinks they see the enemy's color, and an arm raises, with something in the hand resembling a gun, and you don't ask questions in that moment, you shoot. Sometimes a troop gets the wrong intel from their superiors. Given the fact that many if not most of our men and women over there are doing twelve or even twenty-four hour shifts, can any of us claim mental clarity under those conditions? Then, add fatigue and fear and all of the above, and - well - some things happen that under normal controlled situations it wouldn't.

Anyway, you did a might fine job with this. It was hard reading - as far as the topic of war is concerned - but it was good reading, too. Thank you for writing it!

Be blessed,

Rene'
Calypphire chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
I like your idea of the Turtles getting citizenship.

Oh cool, Raph joined the Defence Forces! Which one is he in? Air Force? Army?

I'm suddenly reminded of my Dad being over in the Middle East and how much I am missing him. He may not be in doing what Raph is doing, but ... I still worry about him.

Remembrance Day, along side with Anzac Day, the one day we can remember the fallen.

That's what they do here in Australia, any even that has a reminder of war, we have a moments silence, even the shops will stop for that period of time.

Now I hate it when people don't show any respect. I mean, I undertand young children no sitting still, but a fully grown man, grr, it makes my blood boil!

You go Raphael. Aww, very nice of her.

A brilliantly written story and I can just see Raphael in the Air Force or which ever services he was in.

I know this Ode is mainly for Anzac Day, but I believe it appropriate for this paticular story.

They shall not grow old,

As we that are left grow old,

Age shall not weary them,

Nor the years condemn,

At the going down of the sun,

And in the morning

We will remember them.

Plus this beautiful Poem

A Poem for Rememberance Day

Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?

Selling poppies in town today

The poppies, child, are flowers of love

For the men who marched away

But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?

Why not a beautiful rose?

Because my child, men fought and died

In the fiends where poppies grow

But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?

Why are the poppies so red?

Red is the colour of blood, my child

The blood that our soldiers shed

The heart of the poppy is black, Mummy

Why does it have to be black?

Black, my child, is the symbol of grief

For the men who never came back

But why, Mummy are you crying so?

Your tears are giving you pain

My tears are my fears for you my child

For the world is forgetting again.

Sorry for going overboard, but this is the first time I have come across something that is Defence Force/Remembrance related and to have read something so brilliant, I know there is one man I know I have to show it to.

Thank you for writing it.

Take care,

Calypphire.
LenniluvsBrian chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Yeah, people do need to learn when to be quiet. I don't go to the ceremonies that much, but I do appreciate what the Canadian soldiers have done for us. And the Americans & all those others - anyone who tries to keep our countries safe from terrorists is respected in my books.

Poor Raph having to watch everyone he cares for go down - at least it wasn't his brothers, though they have had some close calls.

Great fic!