Reviews for The Phoenix And The Ash
Wesley E. Matillies chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Aw, that is so sweet! You definately stayed "true to the characters while taking them deeper than what the series allowed".
Isle of Avalon chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
That was lovely! You nailed both characters and their evolving relationship. I especially liked the line about "more sins than candles".
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Yes, I enjoyed this, it was very beautifully done! I remember the smell of burning swetgrass and I have a sweetgrass turtle I like to sniff too. I think you got those two characters down perfectly, well done! :-)
Rebecca chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
"Our gazes tangle together like vines, and I’m torn between wanting to grab for my dagger and leaning my head into the warmth of his hand."

Love that line. Love these characters. It's a very nice piece. I thought Galen's dialog, in particular, was spot-on. And I loved the use of scent.
Dattatreya chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Very good piece that showcases the characters wonderfully.
nannon chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
awesome. beautifully written.
Lillz chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
this is excellent. you capture the characters very well, and court grief and sorrow and loss without wallowing in self pity- very hard to do, i've found.

they are 2 of my favourite characters- outsiders, secretive, mysterious, powerful in what they do and yet they give the impression they can be easily hurt.

i love this piece. please write more?

J xx
Dekri chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Your writing is superb and really enjoyable. You are spot on with the characters. I hope you consider writing more crusade fiction. Thank you!
syd chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
excellent. i loved it. i'm speechless. you've caught the characters exactly as i remembered them. thank you, please, please, please write more!