Reviews for Manipulated
love this !
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
absolutly wonderful.
hdm chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
this must've been how lyra was born
soulwriterchick chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
This was lovely, really. Marisa and Asriel are my fave characters from the books (perhaps because they are the most complicated) and I really enjoyed reading this. It was very well done.
NuncaTeDije chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Very enjoyable. I love the utter sensuality. Please don't let it be a one shot!
Alys Blue chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Not to sound like a total dork, but OMG, that was so awesome!
Silently Provocative chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
I really really like this.

I think the best thing is the duality of the story - how you separated it into two and at they end they came together. Brilliant.

...I'm trying to think of something helpful to say, but nothing's coming. It's perfect. Love the maturity of your writing.

Well done!
sakuyavalentine chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Beautifully written, it was almost like reading a missing passage from Pullman's book -

I love this pairing (odd that when I actually read the books back when I was 12, I didn't really pay as much attention to these wonderful characters and only now discover that I liked them all alone) because they've got this sort of love/hate deal going that actually works, which you rarely ever see. OMG! They're ending...It brings tears to my eyes! They were a much cuter pair then Will and Lyra (I'm sorry but that disturbed me beyond all belief).

I've actually seen the movie (yes, I apologize that my review is so late; I fail to admit that I actually forgot how much I loved these books until the movie came out) and they totally did the characters justice (in my opinion). I love Nicole Kidman in general, and she played Coulter wonderfully. And Daniel Craig is pretty much the living image of what I always pictured Asriel to look like (though, not with a beard like they portray him in the film -_-). Anyway, just thought I'd mention that.

Again, wonderful fic. I actually seldom read fics based on books, but I really enjoyed this one -
brambleclawrocks chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
awesome! more!
jaycee chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
VERY well written. I hope you continue with this. I know I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Fantastic! Great exploration of the beginning of their relationship.
Marumae chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
This is pretty damn awesome, let me tell you. I've always been fascinated by these two and what happened between them and I think you've captured it all beautifull. Please tell me you're continuing this? I'm also at live journal under this name, I may just join the community. This story is going in my favorites and my alerts, even if it only remains this and ever if you decide to update it :D!
ZaraShade chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Wow! That was brilliant, very well written. I liked the way you sort of flashed to their night together, it flowed well. You also kept to the characters well too. I hope you write more!

ZaraShade
TheSmartypants chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Wow.

I really enjoyed that. It was very well-written, and I think you captured the characters brilliantly. I especially loved the bit where Asriel thinks that the moment Marisa tries to interfere in his life he would end it with her; I thought it was spot on. I also really liked the format, the way you flashed forward to their night together. It had a great flow.

I think you definitely did these characters justice. (About the movie, though, I have my doubts. Seriously, Nicole Kidman?)

Are you planning to write more HDM fanfiction? I'd love to see more from you!

Fantastic job!