Reviews for The Great Escape
Juliabohemian chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
aww...rodent fluff. so cute.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
LOL only House could get Wilson to help him bury Steve at 2a.m.! :)

God and peace

Vanessa :)
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Perfect. I really can't give any higher praise than that. :)

Lovely story, the emotions and actions/reactions were very real and honest. Just the right mix of mostly hidden sentimentality for a pet and quick sarcastic/logical reasons for that same sentimentality. And Wilson's silence in the face of what he is seeing and understanding. Sometimes even poor Wilson knows when to keep his mouth shut and his psychoanalysis to himself. ;)

It's funny how attached you can get to them...people think they're just "rodents" or other small animals...but that doesn't make them any less a pet than a dog or a cat. I had to put one of my guinea pigs to sleep at Thanksgiving almost two years ago, and even I didn't know how much it was going to bother me until I walked into that after hours clinic with Rory in his cat carrier and handed him over to the technician, knowing that I was giving him over to die...And I lost it. Cried all the way home over his little lifeless body and felt horribly guilty. Kept apologizing to him for having killed him. (He was dying horribly of kidney failure and had stroked...he had to be put down...but I still felt guilty.) All the while wondering how even I (I'm notorious for getting attached to things) could be so silly. But there it was.

You are always a master of simplistic elegance in all your writing, and this peice is no exception. This is a truly lovely capturing of that illogical guilt and remorse at the loss of something that society tells you that should not be mourned. Really, once again, perfect. :)
sabu53 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
lmao...but with a tear in my eye...farewell Steve
Betz88 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Strange as hell.

Certainly drew my attention.

Your stories do that a lot.

Damn! And damn good.

Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This is so House! I could see him acting almost jittery in the aftermath of Steve's death but not admitting he cared. Just as well Wilson knows him well enough to be there in the right way.
sandstar08 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
hmph. i wish some scriptwriters would steal my characters so that when people read my fanfic (aka the original stories) i'd get compliments like you should be getting...

anyways, your characters (even if they're not really yours *winkwink*) are fab, as is the dialogue. the relationship between wilson and house is verbal not physical (much as i regret to say it) and you've captured that essence of it and added it to a dose of witty plot. bravo!
blackmare chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This was absolutely and in all ways perfect.

I could so, so easily see it as a scene on the show. Not a word out of place, exactly in character. Lovely.

The thing about the necropsy was particularly wonderful! Hee.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2